Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Glass Shop Gets Nosy Under the Hood - Ever had your truck joyrided/violated?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been, and probably will be again, that minimum wage tire guy. Every time I've found myself wondering what's under the hood etc etc, I asked myself does my job make it my business to know what's under the hood, etc? The (honest) answer to that question quenched any moral dilema I may have been having. More importantly, I believe that you do not handle another persons property unless that person specifically asks you to--and even then you should do only what's been asked of you. There's just no excuse. Jlipskoc should not have to explain to mr. window person or even to us why he doesn't want his personal property trifled with. I'm a fairly private person and it really bugs me when folks assume to have access to my personal property and/or information based on, what? I don't know. There shouldn't need to be a disclaimer after everything we ever say. Please change my window, but don't check my oil, don't rotate my tires, don't test drive my truck, don't grease my turbo bearings. etc etc ect!!! Just do what I've asked and be done with it!!!!

I'll stop now.
sorry your ride was violated, dude. that's really annoying
g
Old 10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
......starting to rethink my decision to nominate a certain blue truck for TOM.......

Hey, you asked. I just wanted to cover the legal piece of this. Now that you have been forewarned(and I have witnesses) you no longer have any legal recourse for any mentally or emotionally damaging sights you might encounter while rummaging through my underwear.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 PM

I agree with G1625S it doesnt matter how much you make . Wrong is wrong. You can be poor and honest ,or you can be a rich tool. Just dont mess with other peoples truck unless asked.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Hey, you asked. I just wanted to cover the legal piece of this. Now that you have been forewarned(and I have witnesses) you no longer have any legal recourse for any mentally or emotionally damaging sights you might encounter while rummaging through my underwear.
Suited up, checked, double-checked, and ready to begin inspection, sir..........

Old 10-02-2005, 08:18 PM

Suited up, checked, double-checked, and ready to begin inspection, sir..........

Old 10-02-2005, 10:09 PM

I know what you mean about the mech's at the shops abusing the test drives. I have an 87 Dakota that I put a 454 2-4bbl. I don't mind people looking and asking questions, but test drives after a tire repair crosses the line, especially when you hear the sound of the dual quads and see blue trailing the rear tires. Vallets are another source to watch.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts

Bore scope for an alien cavity probe?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:35 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Bore scope for an alien cavity probe?
Naaaaah,.....that's what I'd use this for.......

Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 AM

I caught an employee of a "reputable shop" up here literally melting the rear tires of my Mustang in the parking lot before they removed them to install the set of new tires I had purchased. I'm thinking where do they get off thinking they can do that to MY car, when I myself don't treat it like that??? It was that feeling of being violated.

I went on a rampage through the shop, and it took every bit of self control I had to keep my hands off the manager and the punk in my car. They did give me the installation and lifetime balancing for free afterwards.

I now make it crystal clear to the shop owner and manager of what they are allowed to do if I am unable to babysit them while it's in the shop.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by bulabula
I caught an employee of a "reputable shop" up here literally melting the rear tires of my Mustang in the parking lot before they removed them to install the set of new tires I had purchased...

I went on a rampage through the shop, and it took every bit of self control I had to keep my hands off the manager and the punk in my car. They did give me the installation and lifetime balancing for free afterwards.
If I caught a shop doing that to a vehicle I took in I'd be irate. The labor, parts and service aren't costing me 1 cent. And the jerk who roasted 'em, fired. the manager who let the guy roast 'em, fired or I'm popping open a legal book to find out if I can get that store shutdown for it.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:57 PM

tire guy roasting a set of old tires. . that reminds me of a guy that brought in a 03 3500 dually 4x4 quadcab. He wanted to pull his own truck in the shop. I was asking him about his truck, then i asked the guy if the truck would smoke the tires. The customer said sure do you want me to show you. I was like hell yeah. The guy the pulled the truck out an did a nice burnout. The we put on a set of 265-70-17 cooper st's There were 4 black marks and one good smoke stain from the exhaust. It was awesome.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Naaaaah,.....that's what I'd use this for.......

ooh Ill bet those little tires hurt..
Old 10-03-2005, 11:14 PM

i feel your pain
on my gas rig i install the rpm limit module, whenever it's in for repairs.
if a aftermarket power limiter unit was available for the cummins, i'm sure the company would be sold out....
Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 PM

the real problem is that the highschool dropout that is putting in the window can't afford to replace my 40k dollar investment

if worked my *** off to get where i am today. i have three kids and i am the sole breadwinner in my family. i can't afford to go replacing my 12k dollar engine because some punk wants to get his rocks off on my rig

how succesful do you think you could be getting him or his bos to pay for it. not likely would be my guess
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Chapter President

Years ago, I took my '82 Jimmy 6.2L in for front brake work; The hood came open immediately when it hit the shop, and everyone got a look at the Banks setup I had installed. I was waiting for the work to be completed, when I heard it fire up - and take off out of the parking lot! I jumped all over the manager, who told me that test rides were REQUIRED; 20 minutes later the shop guy comes wheeling back in, all grins. I sent the shop a certified letter explaining how much they would pay if his little joyride would cost the shop if ANYTHING went south on the engine over the next year.

I was P*SSED - the kid might not have known anything about what to do when the pyro screams past 1200 deg., and fried the turbo!

I was lucky, though, nothing changed in the engine.....

Quick Reply: Glass Shop Gets Nosy Under the Hood - Ever had your truck joyrided/violated?