Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Glad to be back also....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to be back also....

Blue did this so I guess I better follow suit and drop a line on my travels. My truck never gets any empty mileage so this was a rare occasion, about 2000 miles half complete empty. I left a day early because of the snow forcast and ran heavy wind and below 10 degrees temps up to Dixon Missouri. Got about 19 1/2 on mileage at speed limits.

I ran several short runs, you know, Walmart, cigerattes etc, and some miles going down to Springfield and Branson while there. I was really glad when the temperature got up in the 20's, seemed warm. Ran back to Alabama, a little warmer, pulled my 17 foot utility trailer basically empty, 300 pounds or so of lumber tarp rolled up. Truck go about 20 for the whole round including the short stuff.

I got my co-driver while in Missouri, been planning it but was not sure I would get her. I will be riding now with my Congo African Grey Parrot. She is about four months old so is a baby yet, named her Shatzie. She seems comfortable riding in the truck. I needed some help seasoning the carpets

Interstate 44 (Route 66) would make a good location for a freeway, I will never complain about Alabama roads again. It's worse than the original Oklahoma Turnpike was... although not as bad as RT 22 was in Penn. before they made it into an interstate.

Anyway, glad to be back again, really enjoyed Christmas with the Grandkids, but today was in the 60.s... much better. New Years eve is supposed to be 70. Hope everyone has a joyous a Christmas as I did.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you had a good christmas. I know what you mean about 20* feeling warm. The north can keep that stuff. I love my 70* weather.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Good to have you back. And I'm glad to hear Murphy behaved himself.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bout time you got back! Its been so quiet I've been quoting my own posts! I never win when I argue with myself!

Are you gonna eat that bird you got? I hear they are tasty!

Bout the same as putting used oil in yer fuel!

Welcome back Dixie Dude...
Old 12-29-2004, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
Bout time you got back! Its been so quiet I've been quoting my own posts! I never win when I argue with myself!

Are you gonna eat that bird you got? I hear they are tasty!

Bout the same as putting used oil in yer fuel!

Welcome back Dixie Dude...
She seems to get shakey and growl when she sees a frying pan
Old 12-30-2004, 09:44 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

She like her head scratched? My cousin had a parrott that would come over and wrestle with me. It would roll over on his back and wrestle with his feet and beek. Didn't do this for anybody else. I about rung his neck when his wife made him give it away and he didn't tell me. Most birds love their head and beek scratched.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:11 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome back glad you had a good trip.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Redleg
She like her head scratched? My cousin had a parrott that would come over and wrestle with me. It would roll over on his back and wrestle with his feet and beek. Didn't do this for anybody else. I about rung his neck when his wife made him give it away and he didn't tell me. Most birds love their head and beek scratched.
Yes but, when they are four months old and in the new enviroment less than a week, they are more scared than sociable. She will come around in good time. They have to learn the trust of the humans.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Haulin_in_Dixie
They have to learn the trust of the humans.
How is that bird gonna learn that from you? You are not human!

I could not resist sorry.

Okay......Okay...... It's your welcome back thread. I'll behave myself.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Geico266
How is that bird gonna learn that from you? You are not human!

I could not resist sorry.

Okay......Okay...... It's your welcome back thread. I'll behave myself.

Now Gieco... I may be at the lower end of the spectrum, but have most of the time been considered a "human"

Look at it this way, the bird thinks I am
Old 12-30-2004, 06:29 PM

I've been to Misery in winter when the weather men were saying stay off the roads because the winter storm was pretty bad. Cold in Misery is very cold. I saw several 18wheelers off the road in the Blue Ridge mountains. I-75 north of Ringold Georgia was a path through snow about door high with potholes in the ice. It was a rough 25mph ride. And I thought I could drink up on the hot coffee as the rest area was not too far ahead. All I saw of the rest area was the roof as I passed by in pain. My black lab had to go too. I finally came upon a truck stop that had the snow plowed clear. I ran for the can but the dog jumped out of the truck, feet hit the cold ground and he jump right back in the truck and looked at me like "no way". He eventually figured that was the only option so out he went. Once I got to Missouri it was clear but still cold and the interstate was lined with ice on the shoulders. I couldn't wait to get back to Florida.
Good luck with your new bird!
Old 12-31-2004, 08:35 AM

Happy trails Bill, and may 2005 be a good one.
Any news regarding Ryan?
Nat
Old 12-31-2004, 10:38 AM

Welcome back Bill. Have not seen you on the board in quite a while. Hope you have a good and prosperous double naught 5.

John (DH)
Old 12-31-2004, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by natstayl
Happy trails Bill, and may 2005 be a good one.
Any news regarding Ryan?
Nat
Nat, Ryan continues to recover slowly. He is back in school so that speeds things up some. He is still weak on the right side but a full recovery is coming after a while I believe. He does have an operation on his bladder yet in the future due to the accident. He is a walking marical of God.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:59 PM

Happy to hear he's continuing to improve. Like us DTR'ers, he'll function better now that he's back with his peer group, I'll bet. God Bless,
Nat