Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning DTR!

Coffee is hot Phoo is 2...fresh squeezed fruit juices and a great selection of muffins right out of the oven.

Hoping Heidi is some where warm for a change and sending good thoughts and prayers to Cougar for a speedy recovery.

Also sending prayers for a speedy recovery for Sherods wallet...wow that is a LOT of money to have to spend in a week you don't know it is coming

Hope everyone is doing well, I am here if any one needs me, just moving about 5 miles under the speed limit
Hey Buster - - - that is not bad considering what you just went thru -- hang tough but behave and don't overdo it. Why? Cuz Daddy said so.........

Grabbing my ph00 and a muffy and I am out of here and go get something done.

Bobby
Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I just got the call from the shop. My truck is ready. I told them to clear off a workbench, sharpen up the chisels. I'd be down as soon as I get a ride. They said they had plenty of kitty litter to clean up the mess of taking my left kidney and left arm. (They know I'm right handed)

I'm interested to see the old turbo when I get there...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Quick check in. All went great and I'm on the mend. They just brought lunch,,yuck! Some one smuggle me a in a steak and salad.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Cougar, good to hear! (Don't eat the liver, put it in a flower pot or something!)

Got the truck back. Short version, $$$$$$$$$$$$. Truck runs like new. I put a writeup over in the 3rd Gen drivetrain section if you care to look.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Cougar, good to hear! (Don't eat the liver, put it in a flower pot or something!)
What have you got against flowers. Actually, liver would probably be the top shelf feed in the hopsital.

Cougar, glad you managed to get a message out on one of the intern's laptops. Been worried 'bout you.

Sherod. 5.2 cents a mile for turbo rental seems a bit stiff. I,m glad I drive a first gen.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:46 PM

J Martin- Yea, but that's still better than what I first thought. I was either driving the wife's little car or driving my 89 D350 dump with the 360. Today, I smelled gas while in the 89. Yup, fuel pooled on the intake by the distributor. I must have made somebody mad. I'm about to call Uncle, Aunt, Cousin, Whatever!

Oh well, something to do tomorrow after I cut the grass...
Old 05-02-2015, 07:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning DTR'ers and others. Looks like another boringly gorgeous day dawning down here in Paradise. Got my fresh squeezed lime juice with lemon and hot water, so am getting ready to carp diem. Fresh coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans and some sort of ph00 is ready for y'all. Somebody else can bring something to eat.

No firm plans for the day, but will probably change the power steering oil filter on my truck this morning. Need to remove the RH fender liner to make the job easier. Also need to fab some sort of barrier to stop everything in the tool box consistantly moving to the left and squishing the compressors. Can't figure why out this happens, so will build a physical restraint. If I feel really energetic and the sun is not too hot, will even wash the truck.

Has anybody else noticed an increase in the advertising on this site? The large amount of double underlined blue words and the intrusion of ads in the middle of a thread is exremely irratating and is driving me away. This is a Dodge site, so why are Toyota, Ford and Chev ads popping up?

Sherod, yikes, dolling out all those $$$$$$ must hurt!!!!

Cougar, glad to hear that you made it. You still wearing that fashion conscious gown?

L8tr.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:08 AM

Morning gang - - - like Stan, I must report a horrible day of cool breezes, bright warm sun, birds singing and my ladies are parading behind the pool (Sand Hill Cranes) and squawking for something to eat. Grabbing my ph00 and heading out to fertilize plants. Have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 05-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Heading out to fertilize plants?!
Don't you have indoor plumbing?

Beautiful day here too.
First time this year they're calling for a chance of thunderstorms.

I'll be watching the fight of the Century this evening.

Hanyday DtRoniAnS
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan

Has anybody else noticed an increase in the advertising on this site? The large amount of double underlined blue words and the intrusion of ads in the middle of a thread is exremely irratating and is driving me away. This is a Dodge site, so why are Toyota, Ford and Chev ads popping up?
Stan, as long as you are logged in you should not see any of that stuff it is only supposed to show to non registered users. Try clearing your cache and Close your browser before logging on again. If you still see it after being logged on then you and I need to find a way to let me see those Hijackthis scans so we can rid you of that browser hijacker.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:56 AM

The day is looking up! Mowed the yard, weedeated, fixed a leaking fuel line on the 89, cleaned the shop a bit. It's not even 10 am yet. Did one of you spike the coffee this morning???

If so, DW thanks you!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Slugging away at it best I can. Suspected water in wheel bearings on the boat trailer. It has bearing buddies on it, but one looked like it was a bit wet. Wrecked a perfectly good inner cone trying to get a perfectly good seal out. Got parts, repacked one side and put it back together. Left the other side alone.

I'm going to take DW fishing now.

Was so busy being busy last year that I only ran about 10 gallons of gas through the boat. (at 9GPH) Ain't going to happen like that this year if I can help it.

BTW, bearing buddy has a fantastic seal saver system. Actually not much more expensive than stock seals.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:33 PM

Every boat trailer I have had, I installed bearing buddies. Never lost a bearing, even in salt water. A few of the farm and utility trailers over the years have had them also. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Doin better each day. Moved me up to food with a little more density to it.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Doin better each day. Moved me up to food with a little more density to it.
Good going - - keep it up.

Wow, nuther week in the history books. Getting old too quick.