Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK Heidi.....I can see I am going to have to get tough on you....

Look deep...DEEP into my eyes....
Attached Thumbnails Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2-desktop-1406691636.png.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another day of driving DW's little Hyundai. Sure am enjoying seeing 39 - 41 mpg. I stopped by the Dealer who has my 08 on the way to the doctor. The new Turbo will be delivered this afternoon. I offered them their choice of kidney, and I said I'd throw in whatever else they whittled on. The did pick up a razor blade with a gleam in their eye, but reconsidered when I mentioned the hazmat issue. They all are in agreement that they expect to see some kind of damage when they pull the old one. Unless I want to pony up a $500 core, they don't want to tear it down. They will scope it and take pictures if they see anything. Not going to box the old one up until I see it also.

Does anyone know exactly what the coolant flow is for that thing? Does it flow through the EGR cooler before getting to the turbo? It seems like I remember it that way, just not sure. EGR and Cooler have been cleaned since I got the truck, but no idea what happened for the first 170000 miles.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - sorry for the absence - - off to a convention for a couple days. Ph00 is still hot and some left, but obviously someone has been into the pot or it was not full this morning. Ran into some nasty weather coming home yesterday. Wow, it was a Florida rain where you cannot see more than 50' ahead and tree limbs down along with other stuff all over the road. Wondering if a little twister touched down .

Just in from the dentist - - lost a crown on the trip. Had root canal - - did I ever tell you I don't like the dentist while in his office. Nice guy out of the office. Sure expensive to have crowns done. I think the next tooth to go will demand pull all the suckers out and get a plate - - - so much cheaper.

............................later

TiredBob
Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Back again after a very busy day.

Cougar, prayers sent for you and especially that the attending med staff take extra good care of you and that very soon you are better than normal.

Bob, I am with you in that I can't take dentists. They don't like me either because I gag terribly when anything foreign goes into my mouth, particularly near the back of the mouth.

JWBM, I am neither rich nor famous. Would not mind being rich tho. Any time I post stuff about Mexico is to show you suffering folks up north just what it is like to live down here. Can't afford the expensive places, which is why I live down here. That hotel link that I posted may look expensive, but was only US$230 for the weekend for my wife and I. OK, a bit more than a Motel 6, but was worth if for a change.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM

What a beautiful evening out. Just came in from about 10 miles on my bike. About a 10' alligator in our "donut" lake and a couple 4'ers. More rain due in about 3 this morning, then clearing for the day. Having breakfast on the beach Thursday morning with about 30 friends. Forecast is perfect.

Tooth is waking up - - man I hate root canals - - not nice at all when they decide to come back to life. Then I get to deaden it again Thursday afternoon - - ohhhh goody. Can't wait. ...............
Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...

...Bye
Old 04-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Fresh pot of coffee and almond mocha for Bob, Biscuit World is providing breakfast today dig in!

Prayers sent to Cougar for a speedy recovery.

Off to see the Doc to try and get some of these sanctions lifted...4 months my BUTT!.... If you lay down, you STAY down and that ain't me.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh pot of coffee and almond mocha for Bob, Biscuit World is providing breakfast today dig in!

Prayers sent to Cougar for a speedy recovery.

Off to see the Doc to try and get some of these sanctions lifted...4 months my BUTT!.... If you lay down, you STAY down and that ain't me.
Lary - - you sound just like I did BEFORE the operation. After that happened, I had a whole new respect for what he doc said and minded him. Listen and behave yourself..................................

Seriously, take it a bit slow, but do what he suggests. When it came to exercise, I did fairly quickly expand and increase what he wanted me to do, especially walking. We had a 900' driveway which allowed me to keep close tabs on the distance, and I kept increasing the laps as I felt stronger. It was not long before I was up to 3 miles, broken up into three segments. And watch that diet - - major changes in what I did and did not eat.

Hey, the ph00 is great - - my favorite flavor. .................

Off to catch up on stuff. Have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello all.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi
I guess lifting 24" by 30" sidewalk blocks would be good rehab for my Elder Twin. Its working for me. Surgeon wasn't sure if I was pulling his LEGGS or not.
Pulled the stitches out of my thumb. One was already ingrown. Good thing I took them out sooner then the doc planned.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning folks. Fresh, hot coffee, phoo and assorted munchies are ready for your enjoyment.

It rained hard last night. That's good because we needed it. Unusual because we are in the dry season.

As usual got lots to do, so had better get going. Hope all of you have great day and those that are sick and having surgery etc recover quickly.

Bye
Old 04-30-2015, 12:29 PM

Wow, where is everyone. Three posts since my post yesterday at 8:30am. Checked my deodorant and all seemed good. ................

Breakfast on the beach turned into a "try to keep your plate on the table" breakfast. Boy, strong winds - - really strong. Palm fronds fly around and all birds grounded. Breaky was good. Now off to the dentist - - again. Post goes in today. YUK - - hate this stuff.

Good ph00, Stan - - thanks........................
Old 04-30-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yea! Tomorrow is almost here! Today turned into a battle of wits. Somebody kept lighting fires and I had to jump through hoops to put them out.
Did have a good time after work though. The old FBO I rented from is closing the doors. I met a new bunch today and started checkout with them. Nice fresh everything working 172/R. More touchscreens than I figured, but did manage to make things work. Dodged abundant wx and brought it back in reusable condition. Time for grub, so,
See ya!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:33 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Where is everybody? Wake up!!!

->> Kicks the GI can across the room, terifying the dragon.

Anybody heard anything from Cougar? Dat boy's AWOL. Hope he's OK.

Maybe that's why it's so dead around here.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning DTR!

Coffee is hot Phoo is 2...fresh squeezed fruit juices and a great selection of muffins right out of the oven.

Hoping Heidi is some where warm for a change and sending good thoughts and prayers to Cougar for a speedy recovery.

Also sending prayers for a speedy recovery for Sherods wallet...wow that is a LOT of money to have to spend in a week you don't know it is coming

Hope everyone is doing well, I am here if any one needs me, just moving about 5 miles under the speed limit

Quick Reply: Git Ready..Summer's Coming Break Room..4/26-5/2