Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Girls night out was a catastrophe!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 05:40 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scotty
My wife and her friends went out one night in a different city.
Just so happens a good friend of mine was there too.
My wife had not met him yet so it was a good opportunity to play a game.
I knew Paul had made contact because I was getting texts from him and texts from my wife.
I let it go for about an hour. Wife says they cannot shake this loser that is following them around wherever they go.
Paul's texts are almost the same...They could not shake him.
Finally I told Megs to say hi to an old time friend of mine named Paul.
He knows how to role play after many yrs with different government agencies.

How'd she take that??

It'd be hilarious if somehow your buddy ended up getting maced
Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am curious as why someone from Texas would mention 'Newfoundland' when making up a story line?
You ever been to Newfoundland?
It's barren and sparsely populated, as many 'moose' as people.
I am mostly curious because I have found a lot of 'Americuns' don't know that much of the geography north of the border, especially those from the south!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Timberwolf2
I am curious as why someone from Texas would mention 'Newfoundland' when making up a story line?

I am mostly curious because I have found a lot of 'Americuns' don't know that much of the geography north of the border, especially those from the south!
He probably thought it was a 'safe' location to mention considering most Americuns don't know much of the geography north of the border. And seeing as Scotty is a Canuck, I think his friend could conceivably BE from Newfoundland anyway!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts

How'd she take that??

It'd be hilarious if somehow your buddy ended up getting maced
It was fun for all of them after the learned who he was. I spoke of him often. He was unable to attend our wedding and last time I was down his way...AZ, he was in DC.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
He probably thought it was a 'safe' location to mention considering most Americuns don't know much of the geography north of the border. And seeing as Scotty is a Canuck, I think his friend could conceivably BE from Newfoundland anyway!
If the guy was from Newfoundland, he would have had his watch set a 1/2 different then anywhere else in the world. LOL His accent would be so strong it would be difficult to discern what he was saying. Most pilots from there use boats...a dory to be specific.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 AM

It was fun for all of them after the learned who he was. I spoke of him often. He was unable to attend our wedding and last time I was down his way...AZ, he was in DC.

If the guy was from Newfoundland, he would have had his watch set a 1/2 different then anywhere else in the world. LOL His accent would be so strong it would be difficult to discern what he was saying. Most pilots from there use boats...a dory to be specific.

That's what we said too after we got away from him. He barely had any kind of accent. Maybe he was so drunk he couldn't talk with an accent anymore??
Old 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My wife and her friends went out one night in a different city.
Just so happens a good friend of mine was there too.
My wife had not met him yet so it was a good opportunity to play a game.
I knew Paul had made contact because I was getting texts from him and texts from my wife.
I let it go for about an hour. Wife says they cannot shake this loser that is following them around wherever they go.
Paul's texts are almost the same...They could not shake him.
Finally I told Megs to say hi to an old time friend of mine named Paul.
He knows how to role play after many yrs with different government agencies.
That is good stuff right there Scotty. My only problem is that my wife knows all my friends and besides that, she would be really mad at me if I had done that, then I would have said something like, "what, you can't take a joke", then it would have really been on.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Urban Legend

That’s because we in the South think of the Mason –Dixon line to be the Northern Border.
As for talking trash to Shorts …..I live to close I’m keeping my mouth shut for once in my life.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by bigfoot
That’s because we in the South think of the Mason –Dixon line to be the Northern Border.
As for talking trash to Shorts …..I live to close I’m keeping my mouth shut for once in my life.
I thought 36.5* north was the northern border...
Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Well, at that venue it's really tough to say where people are from for certain. If anyone is familiar with the ******* Texan they'd know their customers are travelers in town for conventions and such. The Glass Cactus night club there on site with the ******* is customers who are 1. Conventioneers and visors staying at the *******, 2. Groupies supporting the band playing that night and 3. some locals who are familiar with the bands that rotate through.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM

. . .
Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Administrator

And us northerners think of it as the southern border. Actually, REAL northerners think of Connecticut as the southern border, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shorts
Well, at that venue it's really tough to say where people are from for certain. If anyone is familiar with the ******* Texan they'd know their customers are travelers in town for conventions and such. The Glass Cactus night club there on site with the ******* is customers who are 1. Conventioneers and visors staying at the *******, 2. Groupies supporting the band playing that night and 3. some locals who are familiar with the bands that rotate through.
Could be a fun place on the right night!
I have visited many states over the years,
but not Texas, though that may change...

Moto GP is coming to Austin in 2013
See news here - http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/...02&navDir=Prev
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Could be a fun place on the right night!
I have visited many states over the years,
but not Texas, though that may change...

Moto GP is coming to Austin in 2013
See news here - http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/...02&navDir=Prev
Oh it is! We've had groups there for their 80s cover band nights.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 AM
DTR Mom

Talking

Have SIL in DFW area, Texas state and people are AWESOME! don't know about the loser dribbling man in the story Shorts-sounds like he came from oklahoma. you know- fronty's state. kidding kidding....

we here in New York are in awe of newfoundlanders as they had the only airport where 20,000 people had to land after September 11th terrorist attack. that small island just off the coast, made every available bed, bathroom, phone, blanket for total strangers. plenty of hugs and massive amount of ingenuity to use all resources and kindess. They asked for nothing.

just letting ya know about REAL Newfies. they are just like Texans. awesome.

Fronty, I am just picking on ya. if I knew engineer humor, I would tell you.
"engineer humor" was once determined to be an oxymoron back in the day of pocket protectors.

great day to have another girl's night out! enjoy, stay safe!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Have SIL in DFW area, Texas state and people are AWESOME! don't know about the loser dribbling man in the story Shorts-sounds like he came from oklahoma. you know- fronty's state. kidding kidding....

we here in New York are in awe of newfoundlanders as they had the only airport where 20,000 people had to land after September 11th terrorist attack. that small island just off the coast, made every available bed, bathroom, phone, blanket for total strangers. plenty of hugs and massive amount of ingenuity to use all resources and kindess. They asked for nothing.

just letting ya know about REAL Newfies. they are just like Texans. awesome.

Fronty, I am just picking on ya. if I knew engineer humor, I would tell you.
"engineer humor" was once determined to be an oxymoron back in the day of pocket protectors.

great day to have another girl's night out! enjoy, stay safe!
I would venture to guess that most of us Canucks are like the REAL newfies when it comes time to help out. I have experienced the kindness of many people all over the place. Most of my travels have been in North America.

One encounter stands out when it comes to fellow man helping out.
I flew down to Phoenix to buy a BMW for my sister and drive it back. It ran well and checked out well. The tires were aged but did not display any kind of cracking etc. I got all the way up to Broadus MT and then I had two flats.
I was watching the sky real close as there where some large storms in the area. So there I am in the middle of nowhere wondering what to do. I took out the spare and swapped one out and took off the other flat and decided I will wait at the car and hope to get a ride to Broadus. While I was swapping wheels I heard some shooting, several shots just off the highway in a ravine and then this patrol car comes flying up onto the highway. As the officer sees me he waves and spins the car around behind me. I tell him my issue. He tells me how he has been trying to get this buck down in the ravine for yrs now. Missed again! We decided to put the wheels in his car and go to town. On the way there he tells me his brother owns the tire shop.
While the new tires are being put on the rims, the storm hits. Power goes out and it was bad. We managed to get some food from the restaurant next door. I insisted on paying for the meal but they would not let me. Once the tires were done he took me back out to the car and we put the wheels on. He helped wrench too! Then I went into town and replaced the other tires.
Not only did he drive me back and forth and help, his brother did not charge for after hours work and he gave me an awesome deal on the tires and a free meal.

Whoops I got off topic.

I do not think that pilot was a newfie or a Canuck, eh.

Quick Reply: Girls night out was a catastrophe!