Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Girls night out was a catastrophe!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Girls night out was a catastrophe!

Last night a friend and I planned to head out to dinner then a concert at the club down the road. Our husbands are out of town and us wild and crazy girls are not going to miss them one bit.

We left the house and stop at the ATM to get some cash. Machine tells me my PIN is incorrect. Tried it a few more times in case I input it wrong. Nope, same result. We leave and drive to another ATM thinking that machine was broken, but I got the same result. Go back to the truck and call the bank to get it straightened out. The card can't be reactivated after the pin is punched incorrectly a certain number of times. They'll have to send me a new card. Well that's fine but doesn't help me now. My friend says she's got cash and has me covered. Ok, crisis averted.

We leave the gas station and head to the restaurant...now 45min behind schedule, starving and kind bummed about my ATM card. The place we're pulling into has a bunch of customers sitting outside on the patio. I spotted a empty spot next to one of those little grassy area curbs. I swung past to get the rear clearance but couldn't quite get all the room I needed as there was a truck on the opposite side taking up the length I needed. I decided to give it a shot anyway, "I can crank the rear around into place". I start backing up and BUMP. Guess I didn't clear the curb. I scoot forward to adjust and now the customers were watching the spectacle that is a girl trying to park a big diesel truck. I can hear the comments now, "Look at her, she can't even drive it...probably not even hers...probably her daddy's...probably her boyfriend's..." After looking like Austin Powers on the cart in the hallway I get it parked. I turn it off, pull the key out of the ignition and all of a sudden the alarm starts going off. Horn honking, lights flashing.... I kept hitting the lock and unlock buttons...no dice. Tell my friend to get back in and close the doors. Fumble with the key fob some more and the alarm is still going. Oh dear, take me now Lord. Finally I see and hit the panic button and all falls quiet. Why do I always forget about that panic button? Anyone else do that?

After laughing at ourselves (ok, laughing at me) and wanting to die of embarrassment we walk inside. We managed to order our food and eat without incident.

We leave the restaurant and get to the bar. We grab a couple beers and walk around. Wasn't long before we attracted attention. Some older drunk guy followed us to our table. "Hi. Where you girls from? I'm from Newfoundland. What do you do? I'm a pilot". My friend and I exchanged looks. You know the kind. We're both married to Navy pilots. The glamor is lost on us After a few minutes of him telling my friend she could be a singer because she was so pretty; all she had to do was go with him and talk to his friend over there at the bar whose daughter is a singer, in fact, she made it big time and is singing tonight in Los Angeles..blahblahbah... Bail! We finally shake this guy, super drunk and he's spitting on us as he talks. Ew. Yeah, he was a pilot alright. Not long after we get another weirdo tailing us. He walks by, Mr cool, and graces us with his nod. Uhh no thanks. Great - now a creepy guy in a red shirt. Let's go out to the patio deck and lose him. Crap, here he comes. Let's go to the side area bar. WHaaaaAA here he comes again! Don't move and he can't see you. Whew that was close, as we watch him stroll past and leave. Rest of the night is entertaining. It's late now and time to go.

Walk out to the parking garage, hop in the truck and drive to the exit. It's an unmanned toll booth gate with the mechanical arm where you insert the parking validation tickets to get out. Well, apparently I can't ge the timing down right about inserting the original ticket, then the validated ticket....gaahhh! I reverse from that lane and move over to the other one. I'm sure it's just the machine that messed up again. Umm, nope. Not the machine. We're never going to get out of here. I'm going to have to drive through the mechanical arm. That's ok, I got the bumper on the front. Oh! Look. It's working. I got it! YAY!!! Hurry let's go before we get stuck again.

Girl night out was a catastrophe. Next time we go out we'll do things different. We'll invite more friends.

Yall have a good Friday!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
We'll invite more friends.

And make one of them drive.

Great story.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM

Sounds like you had more fun than you bargained for. Better luck next time. I saw a window decal a while back, that you might want to get. It is a southern lady, with the ticked-off look on her face. All it says is " Before you ask, NO! This one is MINE, he has his own!"
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
take the charger next time! LOL
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Rent a Limo
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
... it's just because you're out of practice...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 PM

I am completely out of practice. I will not drive next time!

firestorm, that's a good sticker. I've been thinking of getting a personalized plate, "Her Dzl"

cbrahs, that is trouble with a capital T. I think I'd probably add speeding ticket or "excessive acceleration" ticket to my list that night.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
At least you ended up still having a good time. Great story!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do the husbands know you two go out "trolling" for guys? Just kidding! My wife and her friends go out all the time in her Charger! I stay home and drink beer and work on the truck. The few times my wife has to use the truck, well, let's say it's like dad watching his daughter drive off with some guy on her first date! The wife is the same with me! The few times I get to go drive off with her Charger, she's out in the driveway, looking at me drive off like she'll never see it again!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM

At least you ended up still having a good time. Great story!

I think the mishaps helped make it fun night. If you can't have a crazy time with friends, who can ya have them with?

Originally Posted by ChrisJohnson
Do the husbands know you two go out "trolling" for guys? Just kidding! My wife and her friends go out all the time in her Charger! I stay home and drink beer and work on the truck. The few times my wife has to use the truck, well, let's say it's like dad watching his daughter drive off with some guy on her first date! The wife is the same with me! The few times I get to go drive off with her Charger, she's out in the driveway, looking at me drive off like she'll never see it again!

I went for the music, I swear!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a knack for story telling Shorts!

Thanks for sharing... too bad it was all true!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
You have a knack for story telling Shorts!

Thanks for sharing... too bad it was all true!

And I talked to mom today, chatted about the week and last night's craziness. Then she asks, "So what are you going to do tonight? It is Friday". Thanks mom.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

first, If I find a spot that I dont think I can get in smoothly without hitting a curb, Ill pull OVER the curb.
Second, take the keyfob apart, under each rubber pad is a nipple that activates the button. cut the one off for the panic. I have set mine off dozen of times just cramming my keys in my pocket.
third, since you claim you were trolling for guys, what were you trolling for?????
Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
first, If I find a spot that I dont think I can get in smoothly without hitting a curb, Ill pull OVER the curb.
Second, take the keyfob apart, under each rubber pad is a nipple that activates the button. cut the one off for the panic. I have set mine off dozen of times just cramming my keys in my pocket.
third, since you claim you were trolling for guys, what were you trolling for?????
1. I like my tires. I like my rims. I'd rather not rash them up like a neanderthal just trying to cram it in there. I pride myself on being able to drive my truck like it's my own legs. I was off my game last night

2. I'll have to check that out. This is definitely not the first time I've set that thing off. Besides, if I have to hit 'panic', I've already failed at situational awareness for my own safety

3. Show me where I claimed I was trolling for men. If I was, it wouldn't have been at the venue I was at last night. I know the crowd there. They ain't what turns me on
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Shorts....There you are! I wondered what happened to you two ladies? I walked every inch of that place and couldn't find you anywhere

Oh well next time I am wearing a blue shirt......that red one makes it too easy to spot me coming

Quick Reply: Girls night out was a catastrophe!