Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

girls like Dodges

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Always Daddy's Girl

Originally posted by Jim Lane
My daughter is 14 and she loves helping working on my truck.
Can't belive how smart she is about mechanical things. When she was 3 years old, she would be laying under my truck with me and help me by shining the light in my eye's and handing me tools.
Sounds like my little girl. She's almost 3 and if my husband even hints that he is going to work on the truck she has to go with him and help. If he goes out without her she gets quite upset with him. When they are all done, she comes in just as dirty as he does.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by TAS05CTD610
I'm still trying to figure out how these 14-15-16 year olds have these dodges?? Man My first truck was a ford (cheapest) and it blew up while driving it home. At least a nice crate motor went it but man took me darn near 8 years to save up some dough to get a truck like this. I guess most pay it off over a long time too, vrs. walking in with a pile of cash. Man I wish I had this truck back when i was 14. Heck I wish I could have been driving at 14. Long story short, i got my girl, and she's the love of my life. I have a picture of her on the back of my truck, not sure how to post a picture though. If you click the picture link in my sig. then click my new dodge, you shoudl see her twards the bottom. Talk about an intake
im 15 and ive worked hard and paid for both of my trucks all by my self. To pay for my chevy, i worked 3 or 4 years in the turkey houses. To pay for my dodge, im cuttin firewood. Still workin on my dodge payments, buy my chevy is all paid for. we built that on a pay-as-you-go basis. i guess im just lucky
Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how these 14-15-16 year olds have these dodges??
me too i couldnt afford the dodge but the ford came by alot i mean alot of hard work i started working at 11 and still got that same job plus a bunch more
Old 08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here. When I was 16 I was driving a 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton. The only reason I had it is because my granddad gave it to me for my 16th birthday.

Wish I still had that truck just to tinker with.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 PM

if were on the topic of 70 chevys have yall seen mine
Old 08-11-2005, 04:37 PM

I am still tryin to find out how to buy a 8 thousand $ truck. I got my self a job as a tree cutter/ land scaper, it pays 13 bucks an hour. My pearents and I have decided to put half of the money I make away for college. I am workin my you know what off every day and still barly able to afford my 94 toyota. Hopefully I will be able to find an old first gen to drive. My dad is nice enough to let me make payments of the yota. Maybe the reason I dont have any money is because I have over $4000 in 3 bikes, at any point it time i could get out of riding and make money but it is to much fun. Dont start riding unless you are willing to pay for it. Everything is so much more $$ then it was just a cuple years ago I cant think of what it will be like in 5 years down the road if this bubble dosen't burst.

Coop
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine were easy

the money i saved for college, due to gettin scholarships, went to a truck ford, then i sold the ford, got the cummins, and i made my last payment. two months ago... ahhh yes.. its sweet to say, no longer the banks...

PS usually Bank Of Rents... has low interest rates...

Tx
Old 08-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Always Daddy's Girl

Originally posted by Jim Lane
A few years ago she told my wife that she is going to get my truck... She ask when is this? and she replied, "when he dies"
Watch your back, Jim!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:50 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how these 14-15-16 year olds have these dodges?? Man My first truck was a ford (cheapest) and it blew up while driving it home. At least a nice crate motor went it but man took me darn near 8 years to save up some dough to get a truck like this. I guess most pay it off over a long time too, vrs. walking in with a pile of cash. Man I wish I had this truck back when i was 14. Heck I wish I could have been driving at 14. Long story short, i got my girl, and she's the love of my life. I have a picture of her on the back of my truck, not sure how to post a picture though. If you click the picture link in my sig. then click my new dodge, you shoudl see her twards the bottom. Talk about an intake
Well I can guarantee you that my mommy and daddy didnt pay for my truck. I have worked since I was 11-12 mowing yards with my brother. Then when I found this truck when I turned 15 I put half down and financed the rest. Which it is payed for now. You ask why kids drive these trucks? You should take a stroll through my school parking lot and you will see it all (Escalades, H2s, 05 Mustangs) you name it, it is in the parking lot. But there is only 1 diesel.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by 2k1yzfr1
Well I can guarantee you that my mommy and daddy didnt pay for my truck. I have worked since I was 11-12 mowing yards with my brother. Then when I found this truck when I turned 15 I put half down and financed the rest. Which it is payed for now. You ask why kids drive these trucks? You should take a stroll through my school parking lot and you will see it all (Escalades, H2s, 05 Mustangs) you name it, it is in the parking lot. But there is only 1 diesel.
Darn, nicest car at my school is a 01 extra cab cheby! Last year there was 2 diesels, a 300D and my brothers 91 jetta. Its probaly because we live in a town of 4500 and there are about 700 kids at school including 100 boarding students.

Coop
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 PM

i had my brother paid off $12k for my '56 sedan by the end of my senior year, even played football all four years. I just started working my tail off when i was in jr high, doing yardwork and working on cars, rebuillding engines for people, brakes, servicing, wiring etc. I even got to work with my dad on the airplanes now and then in jr hi, a lot more towards the end of HS. It's not all too rare anymore for a 15 year old to be making payments on something nice. It's also getting more and more common for mommy and daddy to be buying $50k cars and trucks for 16th birthdays, that disgusts me.

Anyway, looking back i wish i woulda had my truck instead of the shoebox. The girls i run with would rather run donuts in the dirt or 'wheel up a trail than cruise town. but i can't really complain that i drove the '56 to high school HUUUUUUGE back seat in that thing and much more comfortable than the back seat in the truck, that's what the bed of the truck is for .
Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by blackdiesel02
im 15 and ive worked hard and paid for both of my trucks all by my self. To pay for my chevy, i worked 3 or 4 years in the turkey houses. To pay for my dodge, im cuttin firewood. Still workin on my dodge payments, buy my chevy is all paid for. we built that on a pay-as-you-go basis. i guess im just lucky

I'm in the wrong line of buisness...

I've never seen the joy in having anything new anyways... I've always had too much fun crashing my old stuff...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Originally posted by jon96ctd
It's not all too rare anymore for a 15 year old to be making payments on something nice. It's also getting more and more common for mommy and daddy to be buying $50k cars and trucks for 16th birthdays, that disgusts me.
i couldnt agree more!!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:37 AM

i saw a 16 year old

Daddys little girl not too long ago, her mom and dad went to surprise her at school, while i was doin a presentation for my job, and in the parkin lot.. Happy Sweet 16th Elizabeth! there was a sweet black mercedes benz 7 series car... with a big bow around it, and the mom (who was smokin hott) handin the keys to the daughter... a brand new freakin car!!!

God almighty and i could barely afford my truck!