Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Getting Busy Again-What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Busy Again-What do I do?

Man, here I have been out of a job (on paid leave till May) for the last 2 1/2 months trying to figure out what to do next, so I accepted a job at the local Wal-Mart as a part time evening job and started training today, the local CO-OP just called and offered me a temporay job driving nurse tank trucks! I don't know what to do, because the CO-OP job is 40 hours plus over time and not too sure I will have time for Wally World. And I am still looking for a full time job to replace the old one! I must be crazy!

Any opinions?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:38 PM

I guess I was venting, but also asking advice if I should try and do both jobs. Well, I tried it Thrusday, put in 10 hours at the CO-OP and then 6 hours at Wally World! Thank goodness it rained me out for the CO-OP job today. I am beat and I can already see this is going to be a pain to try and keep up with. I think wally world is only going to have me work 1 or 2 evenings during the week and the other times on weekends so I might be able to do this...does anybody think I'm crazy for a 41 year old??
Old 03-09-2007, 02:50 PM

I guess the question is do you need two jobs? If not dump the one you don't need.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Wal-Mart is pretty much thought of as one of the worst employers in the nation, take the CO-OP job and the overtime.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Since I work in retail I will tell you take your chance and get out of it ASAP!!! I work at Lowes and the managers that are in charge are horrible, the managers might start off ok but you will end up hating them.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah I was kind of wondering about why they had a sign up in the training room that said "Turn over rate as of today 56%, goal of 40%" As far as needing the money well, even thou I am on paid leave till May it is about 900.00 short a month of what I had been making and like an idoit my family and I managed to spend what I have earned so I guess I see it as maybe I should bust my self to earn back what I have lost while I try to find a replace job with a similar salary. The Co-op job is only til the end of June at best, so I thought at least the other job would help out. I guess my biggest concern is what if I don't find a replacement job like I had and what do I do when the last big paycheck comes in? My life is a little hectic right now!