Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Get Physical

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Get Physical

Well, since the subject has been broached. I am a prostate cancer survivor. This is not an old man's disease. If you're over 50 and you don't know your PSA, you're playing with a loaded gun (3 out of 10) that can have very terminal consequences, and barring that, unpleasant consequences. Men, suck it up and get these two physicals. Early detection is the name of this game. You just might live long enough to get your trucks into the 500,000 mile ranges.

Mexstan, yes tomatoes have a beneficial aspect but, 1: Tomatoes in and by themselves will NOT PREVENT prostate cancer and 2: The tomatoes must be heated (i.e. cooked) to release Lycopene. Use the search engine "Google", type in "tomatoes and prostate cancer" and you'll be busy for awhile learning. In the meantime, enjoy that pizza, spaghetti, or bowl of tomato soup because for men, it's healthy for a change. There is of course alot of snake oil going on but this is not one of them.

My PSA is undetectable ;D ;D What's yours ??? ???

~Dave
Old 06-19-2003, 01:53 PM

I drink a pint of V-8 with a shot of Tobasco sauce with lunch every day. <br><br>It's time, so I have to get another PSA in a couple weeks. <br><br>As has been said many times before - get that test done.<br><br>NWDave - I hope my results are lower than yours.<br><br>DW<br>
Old 06-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Banned

I am another believer in the PSA test. My father had his PSA done for years and it spiked. Bioposy. Cancer. Prostate removed but did not get the margins (all this in 6 weeks) He would not be here today if he did not have the PSA test. Still unknown if his treatment has killed all the cancer cells. We live 3 month check by 3 month check. Coming up 2 years his psa is 0.01. FWIW