Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Funny Thing Happened Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny Thing Happened Today

Man I am still laughing about this...

Won't name any names but you all know somebody like this. There's this woman (locally notorious) who apparently lacks depth perception when following other cars and either has a broken speedometer or can't read it well enough to figure out where 55 is. Anywho, I'm driving on my way home down my county highway which is double lined between town and the turn off for my road, and here she comes... tearing up the highway behind me like a road runner cartoon and runs right up on me. I'm already running 60-65 in a 55, but alas that isn't fast enough, not for her. She so close all I can see is the back of her cowl and the windshield. Now there's one spot on this highway before my turn off where you "could" pass but it's still double lined anway. Now, I know she's going to go for it and you can sense the anticipation growing as we get closer. She's weaving in and out trying to get her timing all set for when the moment arrives. We get to the spot and sure enough she whips out and gives it hell. I grin as I look over in her lane and spot a brand new (all be it, styrofoam) cooler sitting smack in the middle of her lane. Not the little one either, this sucker is the big mama jama of them all. Then I hear it, BLAMMMMMM!!!! Crunch, crunch.... She nails it head on, but still un-fazed she's got her on the rug trying to get around me. Well, I couldn't help it, I just had this feeling come over me... I had to. I stepped into it. I hear the turbo scream and the pyro screamed to, but I walked off and left her in the other lane, and her still winding out the ol' passing gear in a vane attempt to still get around me. I'm sure she's still cursing me.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Hey, she sounds like my kind of woman!

(Well, is she at least under 35?)
Old 07-16-2006, 02:25 PM

LOL. Trust me you can't afford her, you can only hope to make enough payments on her to keep her interested. Besides, I bet her insurance deductable is in the thousands...
Old 07-16-2006, 02:35 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Originally Posted by Begle1

your kinda woman??? she is breathing?????? or are you that picky???
Old 07-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Begle1

Did she have a backwards sunroof? Maybe if she took of her A/C she would have the horsepower to pass. Sorry Begle ......I just had to
Old 07-16-2006, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by satburn
LOL. Trust me you can't afford her, you can only hope to make enough payments on her to keep her interested. Besides, I bet her insurance deductable is in the thousands...
i had one of those, my ex would either get into a wreck or get a speeding ticket 5 or 6 times a year
Old 07-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts

That story sounds like two-thirds of the women around here.

They are almost likable, until they get behind the wheel; then, look out, you better not get in their way.

Most of them have a knack for causing a wreck, but managing to escape without actually being in the crash.

And, like already said, they will get about a dozen speeding tickets a year, and have two, or three, wrecks a year.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:49 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I prefer to keep my receiver ball in my truck and drive my way. I figure thats 6 to 8 inches less stopping distance than they thought they had and I can get to a radiator about the time they get to my bumper.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:45 PM

ROFL, the ol shish-ka-bob routine, eh? Camry on a stick?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Bearkiller,just as long as your only talking about the women in Kentucky hehehe.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I prefer to keep my receiver ball in my truck and drive my way. I figure thats 6 to 8 inches less stopping distance than they thought they had and I can get to a radiator about the time they get to my bumper.
You make me want to get a drop hitch purely for defensive purposes
Old 07-16-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
You make me want to get a drop hitch purely for defensive purposes
a buddy of mine had a drop hitch on his lifted ranger. one night a guy was tailgating him, so my buddy brakechecked him and he received a busted radiator.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I started keeping mine in when my draftsman came in one morning with a nice 3" square hickey right in the middle of the bumper on his Jeep.
He was a bit too close when traffic stopped and he couldn't. didn't do anything to truck he hit and they agreed to not even report it.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I started keeping mine in when my draftsman came in one morning with a nice 3" square hickey right in the middle of the bumper on his Jeep.
Square hickey would be a bit higher on the vehicle that rear ends me, somewhere around the windshield area.

10" drop hitch keeps them behind the truck instead of under it.

phox
Old 07-16-2006, 11:59 PM
JKM

Get a pintle hitch, they look menacing enough that people generally back off...

Quick Reply: Funny Thing Happened Today