Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Funny pet stories.... Let's hear them

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Funny pet stories.... Let's hear them

I'll start

I have 6 dogs. 1 Lab, 1 Husky mix, 4 mini dachshunds

The lab is the youngest at 2 yr old and a very smart and well trained dog. So well trained that when the dogs are fed she is the first one done and will go hover over the little dogs until they are finished. I have also trained her to NEVER eat from their bowls now, so she just watches them until they are done. Today for some reason 2 of the little dogs did not finish their food so I watched the lab from a distance to see what she would do...... To my surprise she just stood there all alone looking at the 2 bowls of food!!! I was so happy to see this I walked back in and told her to go ahead and eat it. She just looked at me with that excited look but STILL would not eat it! I had to finally put the food in HER bowl and then she scarfed it down.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
My older brother had a black lab that wouldn't eat peas. One day after a hard hunt, he said, "Watch this." Then he mixed up a bowl of dog food, a few left over potatoes, lots of beef gravy, and 4 peas, all stirred together. That hungry dog wolfed down the whole thing in about a minute, and left 4 clean peas in the bottom of the bowl.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lot of fun times with this fella and fond memories ----Mr Wriggs or Wrigley(American Bulldog),passed away in July 2013.My Cummins co-pilot and just a too smart for his own good, kind of dog----Sure is quiet/lonely in my truck with out him sitting next to me."Rest in Peace"and have fun chasing the squirrels buddy.PS ----there are few diesel trucks on our block,Chev/Ford and mine----believe it or not he could tell the difference between all of them and knew when Dad was driving down the block,coming home, sitting at the front door hoping for a ride.Maybe in spring/summer 2014 a female chocolate lab will want to be part of our family and enjoy truck rides too.CheersDW---first pic is him loving life in the Cummins,second pic of him enjoy pool time at our lake property.
Attached Thumbnails Funny pet stories.... Let's hear them-img_9564.jpg   Funny pet stories.... Let's hear them-img_6203.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
My older brother had a black lab that wouldn't eat peas. One day after a hard hunt, he said, "Watch this." Then he mixed up a bowl of dog food, a few left over potatoes, lots of beef gravy, and 4 peas, all stirred together. That hungry dog wolfed down the whole thing in about a minute, and left 4 clean peas in the bottom of the bowl.
That's funny!!

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Lot of fun times with this fella and fond memories ----Mr Wriggs or Wrigley(American bulldog),passed away in July 2013.My Cummins co-pilot and just a too smart for his own good, kind of dog----Sure is quiet/lonely in my truck with out him sitting next to me."Rest in Peace"and have fun chasing the squirrels buddy.PS ----there are few diesel trucks on our block,Chev/Ford and mine----believe it or not he could tell the difference between all of them and knew when Dad was driving down the block,coming home, sitting at the front door hoping for a ride.Maybe in spring/summer 2014 a female chocolate lab will want to be part of our family and enjoy truck rides too.CheersDW---first pic is him loving life in the Cummins,second pic of him enjoy pool time at our lake property.
R.I.P. Big guy!!

My Chocolate lab goes everywhere with me too as long as I don't need to go in a store for very long. She is my true co-pilot !!!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 450 Likes on 342 Posts
If you haven't figures it out, I'm a cat person. Cougar was with us for about 17 years. She was given to us as a kitten when we lived in Montana, then Alaska, then Arizona, then Wyoming, then back to Alaska were she was laid to rest a few years back. Hard to pick out a particular story with her as there were so many.
When we first got her in Montana, we lived in a travel trailer at the airport I was working at. My boss, who also lived there hated cats and trained his German Sheppard/wolf cross Cassy to chase cats. Well, the dog chase cat scene went on for a while until one fateful day. Cougar had enough. Dog chases cat around building, all hell brakes loose, cat chases dog back home. For quite a while when Cassy saw Cougar she would high tail it home. Finally, one day they made their piece and became buddies. My boss said that Cougar would look in their window as if to say can Cassy come out and play. He' let her out and they would go chase mice in the field together.
In Alaska, there wasn't a sled dog in the village that didn't learn to keep its distance.
Attached Thumbnails Funny pet stories.... Let's hear them-hpim0087.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
That's funny!!

R.I.P. Big guy!!

My Chocolate lab goes everywhere with me too as long as I don't need to go in a store for very long. She is my true co-pilot !!!
Thankyou-------DW
Old 10-26-2013, 10:26 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
My beloved female rot Schatzie hated guns. When she saw one come out she would disappear and we never knew why since we got her at 2 months old.

She also hated squirrels, to the point that she understood my .22 could render them catchable.

The squirrels would hear her coming thanks to her tags jinggling and taunt her with appearances and chirping, driving her into a frenzy of chasing and dissapointment.

I took her out one day with my .22 and some sub sonic loads and made her sit by me while I jingled her collar. The little rodents popped up and I popped one and let her loose on it. Not pretty, but effective. She figured it out pretty quick and was game to the system, never really accepting of the rifle, but tolerant of the prize and ever ready when I would say "Wanna get a squirrel?"
Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Excellent and funny let's keep them going!

My parents had a Springer Spaniel years ago. My step dad traveled a lot with business and so did several other co workers. My mom was a stay at home wife so every time the plane tickets were bought they were delivered to my house. The same guy would deliver them every time. This went on for about 2 years and every time the ticket guy showed up the dog would get all excited and run out to greet him. One day the guy asked to come in and borrow the phone (Pre cell phone days) and my mom said yes but as soon as he stepped one foot inside the dog went nuts and growled and barked and refused to let him in!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My old farm dog Chuck (got him in 3rd grade) would eat cats. Got one of the neighbor's cats and ate it on his back porch. The only cat he didn't want anything to do with was Momma Kitty, he would go well out of his way to avoid her. He was also scared to death of guns, all our dogs were, one came out, and the dogs hid in the barn. The Jack Russel wasn't afraid of them, but he's another story.

Huck's a yellow lab. Brought the 4020 home today to do some clean-up, took it back to the shop, walking to the truck I hear SPLASH SLOSH SLOSH. Look up and he's playing in the big puddle in front of the granary, he ran 2 miles following me hoping to get a ride home. He's lucky I had the truck and not the Amigo.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 450 Likes on 342 Posts
My ex bosses sheppard/wolf cross would eat almost anything. So one of my co-workers gave her a couple of hot peppers. She took a bite of one, patoowee, too hot. So she went to the other one, patoowee, too hot. She figure the first one may have cooled down so, patoowee, still to hot. So she went back to the other for the same reason, may have cooled down. Nope. This went back and forth for quite a while until she finally ate them. Stubborn animal or dumb animal, take your pick.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:01 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
^^^I think I love that dog!!!

My doberman Cinder would bring the finest fallen avocados up to the back yard, if dad didn't take them from her she would peel a third of the skin off them and eat the pulp out, leaving a 2/3 avo skin with a pit in it laying there. As she got bigger and bigger, we noticed more and more of these "leavings" all around the grove but a concentrated pile, probable 50 or more, down behind the fertilizer shed.

Lived to be 11, looked like a pickle on 4 toothpicks, but left us happy!