Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Funeral protests

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone up for a drive-by......?

This is just totally wrong.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
One heart broken grieving Father, Uncle or Grandfather snaps and then No more protests from this dead waste of human skin. I think who ever does it deserves a medal even though I am not supposed to react this way

I know Freedom of Speech is a good thing in principal but I also don't believe it was ever intended for something like this. We have to stop the insanity in this country, being Politically correct all the time is a big stinking pile of Horse hockey.

I agree Lary. One of these days they are going to pick the wrong place or person to protest....and bang.

And, I'd bet that grieving Father, Uncle, or Grandfather would get maybeeee a slight slap on the hand (probation or something) for it too!!

He would become lots of peoples hero that day!!

Old 11-18-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
And, I'd bet that grieving Father, Uncle, or Grandfather would get maybeeee a slight slap on the hand (probation or something) for it too!!

He would become lots of peoples hero that day!!

Not until this regime has run it's course. The govt would make an example of him and throw him under the bus.

I am really surprised someone hasn't already "snapped" yet and sent that bunch to their own funerals...

That's getting pret-ty gutsy driving down South to purposely rile up a bunch of grieving Southerners at a child's funeral...
Old 11-18-2010, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so from the great white north why are they protesting at a funeral?
because common sense is something that cant be taught and many people it would seem have none so they just follow the leader eh
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
I just wonder if they actually believe the craziness they're spewing or if they're just starved for attention??
That has to be it. The leader must have a real need for the attention. I cant believe that his followers are that blind but as was pointed out by
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
I wish their Pastor would take a lesson from Jim Jones.
there must be some form of brainwashing involved.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Makes me wish for a few belts of blanks and a couple of M-249 SAW's with the BFA attached .....

Kris
Old 11-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HMX-1
Makes me wish for a few belts of blanks and a couple of M-249 SAW's with the BFA attached .....

Kris
or a lil mini gun. God Bless Chris Dillon!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well i guess we know how to upset them Maybe there should be a group that is dedicated to slashing their tires at EVERY event
Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

We had a funeral in town some years ago for a Veteran, and were afraid this group might show up. Turns out the Patriot Guard came but not the WBC.

I also had a nice chat with a couple members from the Patriot Guard. They contact the family and only show up if given permission, and get instructions as to whether they should come in for the service or whatever else the family would want them to do or not do.

I recall seeing a thing on the news that the supreme court was considering the issue of protests at funerals, and whether placing restrictions on that violates the constitution.

I'm usually all for free speech, but there are limits (slander, yelling "fire" in a movie theater) and I hope the court decides to ban this kind of stuff. There are other ways and other places this group can express their views without violating the family's right to honor their fallen member in peace.

JMHO.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 PM

Dont remember the name of the leader of that poor excuse of a church, but I would be very curious to see if anyone protests his funeral after he dies and meets his judgement.

And I agree with Lary, political correctness is killing this country.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
people like that make it extremely hard on people who actually try to live by the teachings of Jesus and most of us know that there just spewing hate...not love because its not just love your neighbor as your self but love your enemy to !
I have not been able to do the last part yet myself
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
remember everybody has the right to be happy mine and yours just isn't today
Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 PM

A majority of Phelp's "Church" are his family members. He has 13 offspring, and many of them are lawyers. Four of his children have separated themselves from their father's activiies.

Here's some info from this link: http://www.apologeticsindex.org/111-...baptist-church

Phelps and his followers call themselves "primitive Baptists." They believe in predestination, the idea that God already has selected those who will go to heaven and that everyone else is irreversibly doomed to hell.

Their mission, members say, simply is to spread this news.

"We don't strive to change your hearts or minds," Phelps wrote in a letter to the Capital-Journal. "Even if we wanted to, we couldn't make you believe the truth.

"Every person who is predestined for hell will remain in darkness."

- Kansas anti-gay church embarrasses Topekans, The Oakland Tribune, Nov. 4, 2002

Despite the term 'Baptist' in the church's name, the hate group - made up largely of Phelp's children, grandchildren and in-laws - is not affiliated with any denomination. Most Christians reject Phelp's theology and methods:

"The slogans that Fred Phelps and his group are promoting are unscriptural and very inappropriate," says Dwayne Hastings, director of communications for the Southern Baptist Convention's ethics and religious-liberty commission. "Southern Baptists stand on the word of God in believing that homosexuality is wrong and that, as the Bible says, it's an abomination to God. But God does not hate the homosexual.... To those who are unaware of the orthodox Christian view of homosexuality, Fred Phelps presents a distorted and, in fact, perverted view of God's word in his message of hate."

The bold is my emphasis.

Here's another link for an overview of Phelps
http://fredphelps.com/
Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
I wish their Pastor would take a lesson from Jim Jones.
Agreed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would dearly love for an old arrest record for sodomy to show up from his earlier days.

The Supreme Court is currently pondering the freedom for him to do what he's doing.

Someone ought to get some rainbow stickers or whatever it is to show gay pride and slip it on their vans when the opportunity arises. He has shown up here and the crowd to block them was so big, I couldn't get close enough to cause a little trouble myself.

Quick Reply: Funeral protests