Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The frozen tundra breakroom 1.19.14-1.25.14

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Another cold morning at 7 below and a steady 15mph wind. Gonna get a blizzard here later this morning lasting into tomorrow. Yay. I've altered the toilet seat to make it a bit more comfortable for you less-than-hardy people whose tushi's get cold easily. (You're welcome Lary!)
Wow that is really something! we don't have a toilet up here on the mountain...we just have a jagged hole in a piece of plywood to sit on in the outhouse....

I can tell you that all that cold air rushing up out of that hole will make you quick about your business and you learn to button the flap on the back of your long johns on the run
Old 01-24-2014, 07:25 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Have just read something and want to share this with the DTR community and hope that it encourages somebody today. And tomorrow.

Some of you may not realize it, but the spoken word is extremely powerful. It goes way back to the origins of the universe; God SPOKE and the world came into being. We need to pay attention to the things we say. I've known people who are always talking about how tired or run-down they are. They say it so much that it's become a reality. The more you talk about negative things in your life the more you call them in. So if you wake up in the morning and feel tired and lethargic, instead of complaining, you need to declare; "I'm strong, I'm full of energy. God is renewing my strength. I can do what I need to do today". Yes, sometimes we need to fake it until we make it.

I DECLARE I will speak only positive words of faith and victory over myself, my family and my future. I will not use my words to describe the situation. I will use my words to change the situation. I will call in favor, good breaks, healing and restoration. I will not talk to God about how big my problems are. I will talk to my problems about how big my God is. This is my declaration.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:49 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you Mexstan.

Perfect timing. God Bless.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Morning all -3 here this morning. Frozen water line to the upstairs bath no the upstairs heat is off what next. Less get to work.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
45° and more rain. My drive way has turned from a skating rink into a mud hole. The wind nearly blew me off the Knik River bridge. State Farm is playing a new game by trying to say that those things they said they would cover under my bodily injury part is supposed to be covered by the property damage part. Meaning I agreed to except the offer on my truck, but not the item supposedly to have been covered by the injury side. Fortunately, I haven't signed any papers yet.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
34f here with rain and wind. Seen my share of extremes in the weather this winter.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Stan, my man - - - well stated and so true. Negative people are the ones who seem to have all kinds of problems. Positive people flow over the top of problems and work them out. I teach the adult Sunday class in our church and our topic for a month have been about this very thing. Most of the class (and I) have been noticing some changes in our talk, our walk, our habits, our desires, our priorities. Some very interesting stories have emerged in class about these changes. Spending some time each day with God sure helps the situations.

Good morning gang. Cold morning again here today. Warmed up nicely yesterday but down last night. Orchids said thanks as they were being put in the house. Sun is out but breezy. Sure glad I am not up Scott or Scotty's way and a lot of others. Horrible.

Nuff about the weather - - think good things, Bob. ..... ......... how about a big hot cup of ph00?????.......................................YEH.

OK, company coming in this afternoon - - better go clean up, straighten up, and shut up.

Bob
Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
I am grabbing my ph00 and go do something constructive (- - wow, what could that be????)..................................oh yeh, gotta go across the street (again) and help my little 83yo neighbor load her new copy of Norton 360. She is a riot on that computer - - goes crazy with the mouse and clicks on everything in sight and ends up with a bunch of stuff she doesn't want. About once every two weeks I have to go clean it up and get it up and running again.

ChillyBob
I've been working on my octogenarian pastor's computer, same game. I finally got it into his head that there ain't no free lunch. He doesn't click on anything strange any more, especially if it promises to fix his computer.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I took a trip from here (North of Minneapolis) to Bismarck, ND during what turned out to be a ground blizzard with a Dodge Colt. I was piercing pin drifts at 40 mph and semi's were flying by me at 80 mph or so.

A day and a half later, on the flip flop I counted over 30 of them still in the ditch, many way out by the fences, and some wheels up.

There is a law that your speed (limit) depends on conditions. It should be enforced. Driving 70 or 80 when it's snowing and blowing, is insane.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
we don't have a toilet up here on the mountain...we just have a jagged hole in a piece of plywood to sit on in the outhouse....

I can tell you that all that cold air rushing up out of that hole will make you quick about your business...
How do you ever get any reading accomplished??? Ain't nothin' better than a warm bathroom, a padded seat and a good book!

Originally Posted by Mexstan
We need to pay attention to the things we say. I've known people who are always talking about how tired or run-down they are. They say it so much that it's become a reality. The more you talk about negative things in your life the more you call them in. So if you wake up in the morning and feel tired and lethargic, instead of complaining, you need to declare; "I'm strong, I'm full of energy. God is renewing my strength. I can do what I need to do today".
I got my mouth to say that a few times but my body and my situation didn't hear it!

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Morning all -3 here this morning. Frozen water line to the upstairs bath no the upstairs heat is off what next. Less get to work.
Take Stan's advice. You need to say, "Oh boy, I have a frozen pipe! I can't wait to get to it! I wish this would happen more often! I LOVE winter!"

Afternoon y'all. Winds gusting to 40mph with a raw temp of 3 below. What a GREAT day! I'm gonna go get a tan!

Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
How do you ever get any reading accomplished??? Ain't nothin' better than a warm bathroom, a padded seat and a good book!

Take Stan's advice. You need to say, "Oh boy, I have a frozen pipe! I can't wait to get to it! I wish this would happen more often! I LOVE winter!"

Afternoon y'all. Winds gusting to 40mph with a raw temp of 3 below. What a GREAT day! I'm gonna go get a tan!
Now see, ya didn't get it. You know you can't get a tan up there now. It is like the old lemon thingy - - make lemonade. So, go out there, thank God for the wonderful snow, make a snow man - - then run like mad for the house and jump in a hot tub with hot chocolate to drink. ............
Old 01-24-2014, 11:59 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drivebyshoutinggoodmorninhcoffegrabsndgone
Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
woo woo! Good looking Friday here. Good hair cut, visit new gun shop, walk the dog, quick shower, tax stuff almost done. Can't complain one bit.

The side gates on the yard are open if any of you northern birds need to escape.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I can't read so I don't know what I am missing
Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Now see, ya didn't get it. You know you can't get a tan up there now. It is like the old lemon thingy - - make lemonade. So, go out there, thank God for the wonderful snow, make a snow man - - then run like mad for the house and jump in a hot tub with hot chocolate to drink. ............
Thanks for the invite B0b! Get your hot tub ready, I'll be right down! Oh, and can you make REAL hot chocolate? With milk! Not that powdered stuff you add hot water to!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I can't read so I don't know what I am missing
Well, here's a little consolation prize for ya Lary. It's a toilet seat belt buckle! (I don't know who'd really want something like this, but if ANYONE would, it'd be you!)

Quick Reply: The frozen tundra breakroom 1.19.14-1.25.14