Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fraudlent charge from ILD teleservice on phone bill

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fraudlent charge from ILD teleservice on phone bill

Just looked a the house phone bill, have a $14.95 charge from ILD teleservice for voice mail. NEVER ORDERED IT. Phone line is used for DSL and fax.
Lot of complaints about this and AT&T will not do anything about it.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/ild.html
Any one else git hit with stuff like this?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have a "DO NOT CHANGE" order on our phone line from Embarq. ( Yeah... I know I work for Verizon, but their service isn't available where I live ) We have to verify anytime someone tries to change our long distance carrier or add services, ect.... Might call your company and add that ASAP! Then try to get things sorted out over the bill. Try to get your local provider to handle it. They should be capable. They allowed the charge, they can delete it. You may have some trouble, and it wont be quick, but it can be done.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 PM

Thanks for the information VZ. I will get the "do not change" put on the line, and see AT&T will do anything. From what I read in that link they don't help at all. I will also see if I can get another service provider.
Best to you on working for Verizon. Good field to be in. I retired from the data communication, computer field.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:12 PM

It's called cramming.

Cramming is when a telephone company adds unauthorized charges to your bill. These charges can look arcane so be careful if you see charges for products or services on your bill that you didn't order, or fees you don't understand. Pay particular attention to regulatory fees billed by companies that are not your telephone company. Under Texas law you are not required to pay unauthorized charges.
I will be filing a complaint with the TX AG and TX PUC.
Learn a lot from the AG web site.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

I have that do not change order as well but I think you have to pay for it. I could be wrong, its been a while since I have looked over my phone bill. As long as the bill stays the same month to month I dont review it. I use my cell for long distance so I dont have a fluctuating phone bill.

Kinda makes you wonder how much money these guys make from month to month charging a few million people 14.95.