Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally posted by tool
This whole ordeal kinda reminds me of the thread we have had on here for probably 2 months about the two Nebrask kids that dies in the snowstorm on Meth.

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Excerpt from the notebooks of Lazarus Long, from Robert Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love"
Old 03-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think that will help tp console those victims famillies.

"Sorry your kids are dead"

"They were stupid, so oh well",

Darwin in action.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
After this tragedy, some liberal polititian had the nerve to say, "if marijuana was legalized, this may never have happened." Why not take it a step further and legalize crack and heroin and see how the world becomes an even better place yet.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think we need to start increasing the fines and jail time for drugs especially pot, to many people think I only smoke a joint twice a week.... the twice a week smokers add up quick and then somebody(read scum bag) has to grow it. Start handing out $10,000 dollar fines for a few joints and alot of the small users may clean up, hard to get a job when you have a criminal record. Look at how prostitution was reduced by publishing the John's names.

Jason
Old 03-06-2005, 09:32 PM

the mounties deaths had nothing to do with guns or drugs.it had everything to do with a dangerous crazy sob who the courts should have dealt with years ago but did not.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Banned

Ironically, that one's just a few threads down...
Old 03-06-2005, 09:37 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

they you get jails that are over crowded with people caught with tiny amounts of drugs. Look what manditory sentences done in the US for cocain.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally posted by greenworks
I personally think we need to start increasing the fines and jail time for drugs especially pot, to many people think I only smoke a joint twice a week.... the twice a week smokers add up quick and then somebody(read scum bag) has to grow it. Start handing out $10,000 dollar fines for a few joints and alot of the small users may clean up, hard to get a job when you have a criminal record. Look at how prostitution was reduced by publishing the John's names.

Jason
They've been doing that since 1929 when the WOD started. Hasn't had any effect except to make the problem worse.

Edwin
Old 03-07-2005, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by greenworks

Jason
I agree, lets increase the fines for all drugs. Make alcohol illegal again. Ban cigarettes, since we all know nicotine is very additive. And while we are at it we should be giving out fines to all the people who get their caffeine fix every morning by drinking coffee.

I love how society can be so brainwashed to believe that a drug like marijuana is so bad and evil, while other drug use goes unnoticed and is totally accepted and even embraced by society.

Carl
Old 03-07-2005, 02:29 AM

The whole point of this post was to mourn the loss of four mounties who gave their lives to uphold the laws of most of the free world.

The thing that most of you have apparently forgotten is that they would have given their lives to save any one of you! (pro or con in your beliefs)

It is not about what you believe gentlemen, it is about the fact that these mounties gave their lives to uphold the laws of their country.

I truely mourn for their familys whom will never see them again, because they chose to protect the rest of us.

P.S. You have sufficiently hijacked this forum and made a mockery of their lives and their deaths. Think about it!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by 6 2 Carl
I agree, lets increase the fines for all drugs. Make alcohol illegal again. Ban cigarettes, since we all know nicotine is very additive. And while we are at it we should be giving out fines to all the people who get their caffeine fix every morning by drinking coffee.

I love how society can be so brainwashed to believe that a drug like marijuana is so bad and evil, while other drug use goes unnoticed and is totally accepted and even embraced by society.

Carl
Lets just do that let everyone do what ever they wants and take drugs that impact their abilites to make decisions.... that makes sense the last time I checked coffee doesn't effect your judgement, and there are no black market coffee systems.Alchol is regualted because it can also effect judgement ever watch Cops 95% of the calls are for drunks. Cigarettes are also not judgement affecting. I have no problems with alot of things but when you are under the influence people make dumb decisions plain and simple.

Maybe I'll just sit back on the porch with carl and roll a fatty and smoke the worlds troubles away.

Jason