Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny, would legalizing stop date rapes and other similar uses? Or would they be more prevalent. It's hard enoupgh keeping kids out mom and dad's cigarettes, much less dime bag. It doesn't necessarily matter to me though. Half the people that argue it are hypcrytes anyway. Didn't the head of MADD just get popped for a 2nd OWI this year?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Like I said, bad behavior would still be criminalized but the crime would be blamed on the individual and not the drug. The same was as DWI is blamed on drunk drivers and not alcohol.

If you drive while smoking marijuana it's a crime now and that would not change. If you rape somebody or give somebody drugs without their knowledge it's a crime.

Blaming drugs for peoples bad behavior isn't the answer. Most people use drugs responsibly the same as Most prople who drink. Blame the criminal not the substance.

Edwin
Old 03-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
...Since drug use is a victimless crime,......
Thousands of babies born each year addicted to the drugs their mothers used while pregnant don't count?
Where does all the money come from to support Methadone clinics?
How many people are picking up welfare checks every month (and where do you think that money comes from?) because they would rather do drugs, than hold down a job?
What do you tell the Wife/Husband/partner whose drug injecting Partner gave them AIDS?

It's a victimless crime?..........maybe not.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:51 PM

amen shovelhead
Old 03-04-2005, 04:04 PM

Babies are born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome but we don't think of criminalizing alcohol again. Like I said, three times now, criminalize bad behavior, not drugs.

I have no problem with making drug testing mandatory for welfare recipients or better yet, abolish welfare.

As for methadone clinics, they should be privately funded. Drug use, where it becomes a problem for the user is a medical problem and should be handled by doctors, not in the courts.

Oh, and if they can't keep drugs out of prisons, how are they going to keep them out of schools? They can't. The solution is to deal with the problem rationally.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Edwin
Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
And where would all of these out of work addicts get the money to buy their "Legal" drugs?

Oh that's right.........they'd steal the money, or the drugs........

Catch-22

As for methadone clinics, they should be privately funded. Drug use, where it becomes a problem for the user is a medical problem and should be handled by doctors, not in the courts.
Somehow, I just can't picture Bill Gates dropping a billion dollar check in the mail to fund all these "programs".
Old 03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drug use exhibits lack of self respect. Lack of respect for ones own body eventually spills over into their every day activities.

Case in point was this shooter. His demeaner was violent "he did not care what anyone else thought or did, he was scary..."

Maybe 4 Federal officers fallen in the line of duty will start to bring to lite our complacentcy toward this self distruction...

J-eh
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting thread with some different views that seemed to have steered into a different path.

I'm not really going to pass judgement either way, all I will say is that many Drugs are very different from alcohol because of the severe physical dependancy that they ceate...... Alcohol is much more of a psychological dependency as opposed to a biological or physical dependency that many narcotics create.

Also, the dammaging physical effects of many narcotics are much more severe than alcohol. (which is definitely bad enough)

p.s, pot is NOT legal in Canada.

As for Gun control, nope, 2 billion dollar registry would not have stopped this crime. That's for sure.

I wonder if his long gun was registered?

But the flipside, concealed carry handguns would not have stopped it either...... Probably would have ended in more dead.

God bless these mounties famillies. very sad.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:40 AM

Too bad the Canadians can't send them to Texas. The legal system there knows how to take care of that kind of low-life scum.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by Nevada
Too bad the Canadians can't send them to Texas. The legal system there knows how to take care of that kind of low-life scum.
Yup...gotta love Texas....they dont put up with much BS down there.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Chapter President

What Tool said.................
Old 03-06-2005, 12:45 AM

Our prayers go out to the families of the slain officers.

Just heard from my brother that in Arizona the big head of the fire department in one of the cities was begging for help with the drug problem because of fire fighters getting into Meth and none of them EVER getting off it and returning to work. Totally destroys the morale of the department and the addict's families.

I have also seen the results of drug use on my own family members. It tears the family apart.

I have seen the violence of children whose parents were on crack. The only way the kid could be in school was if a family member was there to physically control the child when they became violent. As they never know when this will happen they have to be there all the time.

Yep, totally victimless drug crimes.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:52 AM

what makes this worse is the first two officers were at the farm to back up two deputies who were there to repo a f*** p/u and they discovered the pot and some stolen property.they didnt even know the low life that did this was there until he started shooting.it sounds like the officers were able to return fire and hit the perp but he ended up shooting himself in the end.
our prayers and thoughts are with the families of the fallen Mounties and with the RCMP.
04.5 600 6sp 4x4 3500 SRW LWB Atlantic Blue SLT....
Old 03-06-2005, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by bensdad_canada
what makes this worse is the first two officers were at the farm to back up two deputies who were there to repo a f*** p/u and they discovered the pot and some stolen property.they didnt even know the low life that did this was there until he started shooting.it sounds like the officers were able to return fire and hit the perp but he ended up shooting himself in the end.
our prayers and thoughts are with the families of the fallen Mounties and with the RCMP.
04.5 600 6sp 4x4 3500 SRW LWB Atlantic Blue SLT....
If it was a Dodge CTD maybe it didn't have anything to do with pot at all.

Edwin
Old 03-06-2005, 05:58 PM

This whole ordeal kinda reminds me of the thread we have had on here for probably 2 months about the two Nebrask kids that dies in the snowstorm on Meth.

Quick Reply: Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid