Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:56 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid

http://www.canada.com/national/story...4-b447ef808f61

This is the worst single instance for the rcmp since the 1800's sometime
Makes me wonder what I spent all those billions on "gun control" for....
Old 03-03-2005, 09:23 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a good thing that no one in Canada is allowed to own a gun..
Old 03-03-2005, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Fronty Owner

depends on what the definition of "gun" is. for the most part we are allowed to own most of the same guns you have down there, we're just not allowed to wander around with hand guns tucked into our sweat pants......
Old 03-03-2005, 09:41 PM

just proof that only criminals will have guns if guns were outlawed.

either way its not right, my sympathys for the familys.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Fronty Owner
Guns up here are just reserved for criminals (as in this case)....God forbid you would want to protect your family or property....
Old 03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

it has been seen in every country that has attempted it, the more gun control, the more violent crimes.

Am I the only one that thinks that humans are agressive, self centered creatures that will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:32 AM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Actually if there were no drug laws this wouldn't have happened. Drug use is a victimless crime and everyone should be able to control what he puts into his body without government interference.

The US constitution does not authorize the government to regulate drugs.

Edwin
Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yay for Edwin.

Go Libertarians all the way.

(Well, after Americanists anyways...)
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DC has a pretty high crime rate. Oh wait, guns are banned there too. Gee, wonder why all those people are getting shot? Could it be that only the criminals are allowed to have guns in DC? Surely not. There must be some type of geographical oddity about the place.

Sorry to hear about the mounties, I feel for their families also.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 AM

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4

Sorry to hear about the mounties, I feel for their families also.
Being killed on the job (any job) has got to be one of the worst ways to go....yeah, I guess they should legalize pot - oh, wait a minute - possession of small amounts of pot IS already legal in Canada....thats working well
Old 03-04-2005, 07:53 AM

The criminal used a rifle to do his work. Criminals don't play by the rules.
Rifles are legal to own if you don't have a criminal past.
He was also know to police.
Being a police officer is a dangerous job.
I feel for the families.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:46 AM

Drug use is a victimless crime and everyone should be able to control what he puts into his body without government interference.
That's all fine and dandy until you've gotten enough drugs into you that you don't care (or know) what you're doing to who and what for. It's jerky quotes like that which really burn my butt! And I'm sure that I haven't offended you because since you makde that statement I'm sure that you don't do drugs

Okay, I'll get off my box now

Here's to the fallen and those that go in their stead.

Ken
Old 03-04-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by edwinsmith
Actually if there were no drug laws this wouldn't have happened. Drug use is a victimless crime and everyone should be able to control what he puts into his body without government interference.

The US constitution does not authorize the government to regulate drugs.

Edwin
I don't think drug use is a victimless crime. My shop got broke into & the druggies that did it took all my power tools & anything they could easily pawn for $$$ for more drugs.

Meth lab explodes & house catches fire & two young children were burned to death. Yep that was victimless, it happened & the parents are charged with murrder.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by tankeryanker
I don't think drug use is a victimless crime. My shop got broke into & the druggies that did it took all my power tools & anything they could easily pawn for $$$ for more drugs.

Meth lab explodes & house catches fire & two young children were burned to death. Yep that was victimless, it happened & the parents are charged with murrder.
Not that I completly agree with the notion of unregulated drug use, but if the stuff was readily available and cheap it is possible neither one of the crimes you described would have happened.
Really cheap fixes for the junkie and a government authorized meth lab pumping the stuff out at an incredible rate (supply and demand)
I shudder at the thought......
Old 03-04-2005, 01:36 PM

Received 1,048 Likes on 770 Posts
Originally posted by converteddzlr
That's all fine and dandy until you've gotten enough drugs into you that you don't care (or know) what you're doing to who and what for. It's jerky quotes like that which really burn my butt! And I'm sure that I haven't offended you because since you makde that statement I'm sure that you don't do drugs

Okay, I'll get off my box now

Here's to the fallen and those that go in their stead.

Ken
I'm not offended, I expected disagreement.

We criminalize behavior while under the influence of alcohol and we don't have a problem with that. It's legal for adults to buy and consume alcohol but when alcohol was prohibited there was a HUGE mess and lots of violence and police corruption until it was re-legalized.

The exact thing is now happening with drug prohibition.

If drugs are re-legalized the problems caused by prohibition will disappear. There will be no more cops shot while enforcing drug laws. Drugs will be cheap so users won't have to commit crimes to get the money to buy drugs. Peoples lives won't be ruined by felony convictions and prison stays because they dared to smoke a joint. It comes as no surprise that the big drug suppliers oppose drug re-legalization, it would make their profits disappear. Pushers wouldn't take the risk of trying to sell to minors when drugs are cheap and could be bought at the nearest convenience store.

Yes, we'll have problems with people who get high and drive or commit other crimes but then we have that now. Re-legalizing drugs won't change that.

However the Bill of Rights won't need to be violated in order to gain evidence to convict drug users. Since drug use is a victimless crime, there is no complaining witness to most drug transactions so police must resort to entrapment and warrantless searches in order to catch drug users.

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and is isn't working on drugs.

Edwin

Quick Reply: Four mounties killed in Alberta drug raid