Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ford workers must drive Fords!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford workers must drive Fords, in order to park closer!

Saw on the news this morning that one Ford Plant in MI will only let workers that drive Ford products park in the lot next to the building, other brands must park across the street and walk! Just thought it was interesting.

I hope I edited the title correctly to make some one happy!

Last edited by MOAGGIE; 01-28-2006 at 12:08 PM. Reason: adjust the title
Old 01-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It's like walking into Pepsi Distribtor with a Diet Coke.

Or bringing a Budlite to Coors Stadium!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds fair to me.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 AM

Not me. I spent the last 21 years defending your freedom and this stinks of PURE HOG SELF IMPOSED EDIT. What I drive should in no way reflect how I work at "the company" or my values.

What next, are they going to put a vehicle type and proof of ownership on the job application?
Old 01-28-2006, 09:40 AM

Senior,

Sounds fair to me too. It's like a sailor wearing an Army shirt to the Army/Navy game. The MGR is just trying to stress that the workers should feel confident enough to buy their own products and by buying their own products they are helping secure their jobs. Now, if they weren't allowed to even park across the street then that would be another issue. He is just giving premium parking to Ford drivers. If I remember from the article, it can be any Ford product...Volvo, Mazda, etc.

BTW...thanks for serving.

Bob (Army EOD)
Old 01-28-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
Senior,

Sounds fair to me too. It's like a sailor wearing an Army shirt to the Army/Navy game. The MGR is just trying to stress that the workers should feel confident enough to buy their own products and by buying their own products they are helping secure their jobs. Now, if they weren't allowed to even park across the street then that would be another issue. He is just giving premium parking to Ford drivers. If I remember from the article, it can be any Ford product...Volvo, Mazda, etc.

BTW...thanks for serving.

Bob (Army EOD)
ford owns cummins
Old 01-28-2006, 09:47 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by sinton
Not me. I spent the last 21 years defending your freedom and this stinks of PURE HOG SELF IMPOSED EDIT. What I drive should in no way reflect how I work at "the company" or my values.

What next, are they going to put a vehicle type and proof of ownership on the job application?
It's not like their pay is based on it, they just have to walk a little further!

Considering half of America is 30lbs. or more overweight, they could use the excercise anyway.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:14 AM

BeamWalker:

That's interesting. I understood that Ford sold their 10% interest in the Cummins Corp a few years ago. I can't find any mention of it on the Ford nor the Cummins website. Good trivia!

Bob
Old 01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
BeamWalker:

That's interesting. I understood that Ford sold their 10% interest in the Cummins Corp a few years ago. I can't find any mention of it on the Ford nor the Cummins website. Good trivia!

Bob

<Cough> It's an urban legend that us Cummins people have gotten so tired of hearing that we now make fun of it by telling it repeatedly...<Cough>

And I think that it's perfectly fair...
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by Beamwalker
ford owns cummins
Uh, I think you meant Cummings??

Old 01-28-2006, 10:56 AM

The wife said a couple Dodge plants do the same, mainly becuase the Die hard Mopar freaks would vandalize the unMopar vehicles in the lot. The money they save but not buying a Ford they can spend on walking shoes. I'm for it. I believe its called PRIDE.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by sinton

I think if you don't support the products you build you don't believe in them. Why not drive a ford at a ford plant or a DC at a DC plant?? Not to mention the hefty discounts they get on vehicles.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:20 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by rammtuff
I think if you don't support the products you build you don't believe in them. Why not drive a ford at a ford plant or a DC at a DC plant?? Not to mention the hefty discounts they get on vehicles.
I drive past the Newark DC production plant a few times a month, almost amazing how many Dodge products out there!
Good for them,
I don't think it's "Blind Faith", I think it's good old fashioned PRIDE!

The thread topic is kind if misleading, owning or driving a Ford product isn't a requirement for employement.

It's not that they Must drive ford's...............
They just have an incentive to, unless they don't mind a short hike before their shift.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:06 PM

Wink

sorry about the title of the thread, but that was how it was stated on CNN sat. morning. I agree that it just shows pride in your workmanship if you drive the product that you build.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:33 PM

Pride is the thing, also wanting your stock to go up

I work for big pharma (in information technology) and I buy our products whenever i can. Its called loyalty to the co that puts food im my kids mouth. It is perfectly understandable to me that people would want to drive the cars/trucks that their company makes

I dont understand why the company would punish those that dont

Quick Reply: Ford workers must drive Fords!