Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ford Taurus sound on turns only, Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Taurus sound on turns only, Suggestions?

Morning all- I have a 98 F**d Taurarse w/ 112k on it. when I make turns, either direction it makes a wong, wong sound, but more high pitch, which it sounds like it is on the rear left side. the only thing I can think it would be is a bearing. But as I have said before I am not very mechanically inclined. Any thoughts? I have definitely gotten my money out of this commuter. it was my wifes old company car. bought it for 2k with 60k miles. It has been serviced at every interval, but it is a domestic gasser with 100+k miles and aren't they supposed to have things go wrong to keep mechanics busy?

anyway, prob wrong place, but many of you are gear heads and know a ton about vehicles, so I thought I would ask.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 AM

sounds like a cv joint to me.

edit: although u say its coming from the rear....if its from the rear...im thinking wheel bearing...or perhaps other wonr suspension....seems like taurus was independent rear susp....worn/busted strut maybe?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:35 AM

You might wanna check the brake pads.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo
sounds like a cv joint to me.

edit: although u say its coming from the rear....if its from the rear...im thinking wheel bearing...or perhaps other wonr suspension....seems like taurus was independent rear susp....worn/busted strut maybe?
that could be it, I was thinking the other day it getting due to replace the shocks/struts. also could be the cv joint. just makes me nervous to take in, I am new to the area and don't have my trustworthy mechanic here. they could tell me anything and I wouldn't know any different. except maybe if they said " the horn fluid is low"

Originally Posted by Kemble
You might wanna check the brake pads.
they were checked 3k miles ago.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A "good" mechanic will be glad to show you the problem before starting repairs. If they won't show you what's wrong, find someone who will. Just my opinion.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 12valve@heart
A "good" mechanic will be glad to show you the problem before starting repairs. If they won't show you what's wrong, find someone who will. Just my opinion.
Agree totally. I just had a bad expierence with my boat here at a dealer, so I am very cautious now.