Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fiver's GrandDaddyDaycare and breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have 2 rancher 300s, a foreman 400, 2 grizzly 450s (one with power steering) and a Rincon at work. The wheelbase and seat are shorter on the rancher than the foreman, which makes for more ballbusting and less hillclimbing ability. And the ranchers ride harsher. The grizzlies climb like an SOB, but they feel like they want to tip over on a lot less sidehill than the Hondas. And the one without power steering, you don't want to try to turn in 4x4. It's worse than this old rancher I'm running right now. Plus the old foremans have a rack that will actually hold something and that you can tie stuff too. The Rincon is tallest, widest, and longest, and will go places the others won't, but it's way too much power. I'd kill myself on it for sure. But it sure would be fun up til those last few seconds.
If I could swing a new bike, I'd go with a new foreman 500. The boss' uncle's new rancher A/T is nice, but the foreman is a little longer and wider yet. But it has the same junk racks that tip toward the front of the machine and don't hold anything real well.

Oh, and you can spray your own Canadian thistle. I found about a 10 acre patch of that sh...tuf. And nothing but that stuff. Gonna be a while on it.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
B
Farmhand, you putting those on the Amigo? heard of sidewall issues...
Yeah, the BFG A/T Ko's on it have seen better days. They are dryrotting and at least 6-7 years old. The Kenda's are FOC (Fresh Outta China) so they aren't coming here. Going to get the new BFG's 2 at a time. Wally's-mart has Goodyear Wrangler Authorities (good aggressive tread) for $150 mounted/balanced, but my friend that runs the co-op tire shop says he usually can't patch tires from wally's-mart. The liner is thin, he takes his little grinder to it to scuff it for glue, and the liner is gone.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Well ladies and germs, seems like it is about time to put this week's breakroom out of it's misery. DW and I have ben at a party next door and I suspect we got driven home over our legal limit. G'night all y'all.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

ok, not sure that final post was clear. Party tonight was 1/2 a mile away, DW and I were past our prime but got a ride home.