Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

In a fit of raging stupidity...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a fit of raging stupidity...

...I backed over a Honda Civic this afternoon. It's my first at-fault accident in 13 years behind the wheel. It was parked so close I couldn't see it in my mirrors and I simply didn't check closely enough.

Alas, I now will feel better about paying my insurance premiums. The Civic's owner was very understanding.

$110 ticket and a claim for me. Only positive from the incident is no injuries. I guess if I have to hit something, I'm glad it's a parked, unoccupied car.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

you should have finished backing over it...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
you should have finished backing over it...
A COUPLE OF TIMES.......
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did the same thing, only to a Plymouth Horizon. Many years ago. I had a fairly high GMC with about 8" of lift and 40" tires. While I was getting fuel at a self-serve gas station, a guy pulled about a foot under my rear bumper so the hose from the next pump would reach his car. Couldn't wait for me to finish and move I guess. Anyway, I didn't notice him and when I went to leave, I had to back up because someone had pulled in front of me as well. I heard metal scraping metal and stopped. I had a tow hook on the under-side of the step bumper and it put a crease in his hood. I stopped just short of his windshield. I was totally in the wrong and started to apologize, and this guy just went nuts on me. Called me every name in the book. For a few minutes I could understand his rage. It was a fairly new car and I'd just messed it up on him. But he went on and on and ON! I'd finally had enough, got back in my truck and backed up another foot or so. Put my bumper right thru his windshield and planted my rear end into his grill, then proceeded to tell him that NOW he had something to complain about!

We came to an understanding after a few more minutes. I ended up paying for some of the damages and he paid for some as well, finally realizing that he shouldn't have pulled under my truck anymore than I should have backed over his car. Worst part of the whole thing tho... he was my mothers boss!

chaikwa.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

I did something similar a few years back when I didn't have the 05. I was at a buddies and my friend had her civic parked RIGHT behind me. We are out in the middle of BFE at my bud's house..pitch black. I had to move the truck for some reason or another and I just put it in reverse and drove right up on her hood. I guess thats what you do with a CTD on 37s
Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

I think we need a law requiring small cars to have one of those orange triangle flags like ORVs have.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Know what a firetruck can do to a 82 toyota....

...that squeezed in behind us on scene at a pizza joint fire; and a brick wall??

It leaves a pile......Gosh , it's great to be a city employee!!!

Think of the fun I 'd have with a garbage truck??!!

yeah, I owned and ran a towing company and repo work.......the fun just never stops....

APPRECIATE little cars; hate the small minded ones that drive em stupid.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:50 PM

i backed over my buddies ninja a while back.........i guess he expected me to see it behind my truck(where he parked it) with the tailgate being like two foot taller than his bike!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by ClackClack

$110 ticket and a claim for me. .
So why did you get a ticket?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:23 AM

Unsafe Backing... Columbus City Code 2131.13(A)
Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that if you have to be in an accident, at least it was with a parked car and no one got hurt or killed.

Lots of people who have been in crashes would love to trade places with you.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ClackClack
Unsafe Backing... Columbus City Code 2131.13(A)
Sounds like Columbus to me.... I don't understand how that is any different than when a lady backed into my Dakota in a Kroger parking lot, after she tried 4 or 5 times to back out of her spot, and then the cop told me they couldn't do anything because it was private property....
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, at least it was kinda funny. reminds me of the hummer commercial where they two guys are driving and hit a bump. passenger looks over the side and says "Rabbit......pause......convertible"
Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM

When I had my '90 Dodge show truck, the same thing happened in that video. I was sitting in the bank parking lot with for five stalls all around me parked in the back forty.

Two early forties guys pulled up right beside me, on the driver's side of the truck in a Lincoln. The passenger put his door into the side of my truck when he was getting out....I was sitting right there.....and proceeded to walk away with the driver still sitting in the car.. I got out and asked in a few choice words what in the world he was thinking after checking out the 3" scratch that was left. He only shrugged his shoulders and continued walking.

So with my steel toed boots (I was on my way home from work) I wound up and kicked in the passenger door of the Lincoln as hard as I possibly could - I did hurt my leg a bit, and left a crease for 2'' deep across the front door and about a foot high. My comment was "now that's a scratch" and I proceeded to get in my truck and continue home.

The driver just sat in his car and did nothing. I guess he didn't want to tangle with a 6', 220 lb, 21 year old - they were both pip squeaks.

To this day, I haven't heard a word about it from anyone.

Addmittedly, I lost my cool a bit.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Now that I'm beyond the panic stage and shrugged it off a bit I do have to admit one thing....

I did at first think I ran over an empty soda can. I love my diesel.

Quick Reply: In a fit of raging stupidity...