Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

First " shiner " !

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First " shiner " !

Well......it was self inflicted! But hey.....have to start somewhere! Pulled the chair off the table that we "thought" we had out of his reach! Amazing what they can figure out. It was setting on a placemat and he pulled on that to get the chair down! 16 months old already! WHAT NEXT?! I keep asking myself as he is standing on said chair playing with the light switch!
Attached Thumbnails First " shiner " !-blackeye.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you would neevr think of the stuff they can get into eh. my 2 year old nephew was running around and i accidentally tripped him when he ran by me...landing face first onto the base of the kitchen table and a few minutes of crying later he had a lip the size of his fist and his front tooth missing....hes a tough little bugger
Old 01-03-2008, 08:54 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Our youngest (now 28) stuck both ends of a metal baggie tie into the only uncovered wall outlet in the house when he was about that age. It went poof but didnt hurt him at all. Dont know where he got the tie from. You try your best to safeguard them but one moment they are just sitting there than a second later they are doing something death defying that you didnt dream they could do.
Cute kid but looks like he's gonna have a curious streak thats gonna give you grey hairs.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

If I didn't have enough gray from the first two girls already! They were easy compared to him!!! I'm sure once boyfriends come into play, they will be tougher than he could ever be though! God, I'm not looking forward to that!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM

My boy got his first black eye right before he was to take his 1 yr photos. Was over at gradmas trying to climb up the stairs and slipped banged his eye on the step.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Natural selection, looks like hes tough enough to stick around!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:17 PM

This is long but ..................................
I'm going to start this off by telling you that I had to put barrel slide locks on top of all my door to get out, yes I know big NO NO but this will tell you why. About a week after I put the locks on my two year old boy got up early got dressed and decided that he wanted to go for a car ride. He was quiet enough that we didn't wake up until the screen door slammed shut. He got a broom and went over to the door and slid the lock to the open position then he went in my wifes purse took her car keys and went back to the door unlocked the dead bolt and the *** lock, ran out to the car hit the unlock on the controller opened the door got in closed and locked the door, put the key in the ignition started the car and got in his car seat. By the time I got close on and ran out all this had already taken place. Do you think that kid would stop laughing and unlock the door, NO of course not. I then asked the wife where the spares were and can you guess.............. Yup in the car. Luckily I had a slim jim kit from when I drove tow truck and was able to get it open and get to him before he put it in gear.

Thats just a hint of what could happen next and for your hearts sake I hope not. They just get smarter and faster. Oh and by the way I was finally able to take the locks off the doors, I got one of those battery operated alarms that sounds when the door open.

Good luck and God Bless.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 AM

when i was 4 my bros friend from us the street leveled me with a broom stick. i had two black eyes and a flattened nose. the dr at the e.r. kinda smooshed my nose back into shape and asked my mom if it was about right. she couldn't really tell because you don't really look that close most of the time. to this day my nose is crooked.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ah. Thats no big deal. They guy I work with has a 3 year old son. He learned about 6 months ago not to slam the lid down too soon.

Self explanitory
Old 01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL, ahh, the joys of an adventureous, curious little boy. I hear you loud and clear on the gray hair, just wait till their teenagers.

Thanks for sharing,

Tim
Old 01-04-2008, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by charliez
Ah. Thats no big deal. They guy I work with has a 3 year old son. He learned about 6 months ago not to slam the lid down too soon.

Self explanitory
OUCH!!!

My 11mo old girl has 2 self inflicted bruises on her right cheek... not sure how she got either.. .but pulling stuff of the table is common...
Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
One of the books I got for Christmas (An Inconvenient Book) says that your main job as the parent of a toddler is to try to keep the kid from killing himself.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 PM

Wannadiesel is so so correct on that one! We have 2 boys 3 and 7 and boy oh boy do they give us a run for our money. Between the bicycle wrecks and the older pushing the baby off of any high object is just absolutely nerve wracking!!! Just thinking about all of their incidents makes me sit here and laugh. Hopefully it gets better as they get older, but, if it doesn't than thats fine too. We have soooo much fun.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Been there, done that. It's gonna happen. My youngest hasn't had got one.....yet. It just makes me tense up every time they come close to hurting themselves. That's why I've got grey hair already!
Attached Thumbnails First " shiner " !-pics-1-006.jpg   First " shiner " !-pics-1-009.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

He looks proud to have it too t-boe!

Quick Reply: First " shiner " !