Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Finland modernises our car taxes to based on emissions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:46 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Angry Finland modernises our car taxes to based on emissions...

Nothing special here guys, but I just wanted to say that our goverment changes the high, based on nothing car tax to based on emissions on the beginning of the year 2008. At 1.1.2008.

The tax is measured and based on CO2 ratings .

So if CO2 per kilometer is more than 220grams the tax basicly rises what it was before...

So bye bye big blocks...

I just wanted to tell you this, because it's really depressing...

If you want to see HOW much the tax rises and the new basic prises of our cars, you can check it here:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/autot/autovero.asp

Our local magazine has collected over 8500 officially imported car models and prices there, you can see the old price under the segment 'Hinta nyt €' and the new price after the 1.1.2008 in the segment 'Uusi Hinta €'.

And the difference between the old and new price in the segment 'Erotus' .

If it's red, it shows how much they raised the tax, but if it's green you can see how much it's lower than it is now.

So basicly it breaks down like this:
Malli = Model
Malli-vuosi = year model
Mallitarkennus = model specifications
CO2 = CO2 ratings per 1 kilometer in grams
Hinta nyt € = Price now in euros
Uusi hinta € = The new price in euros
Erotus € = Difference between the new and old price in euros.

If you want to look other brands and prices just click at the 'Valitse automerkki:' which means 'choose the brand' and then click 'Hae' which means 'Search' .

If you just want to see how much difference it made on our top ends, just click 'Top-100 hinta nousee' for the maxinium risers or the opposite for the models which actually benefits for the new tax, click on 'Top-100 hinta laskee'.

Here's few examples:
Jeep Commander 5.7 4D MA 4WD AUT 240KW, price before 93000 euros, price after the 1.1.2008 121000 euros! That's 28000 euros more! And 121000 euros is over 177000 Us dollars...

Or Chrysler 300c SRT8 90000 to 110000 euros... That's just ~161000 bucks.

Those are just normal cars... Check the "Top-100 hinta nousee" and you'll see something unbelievable.

The current rate between Euro and USD is 1,4651.

I'm just so glad that I got my Dodge registered as a truck in here and I just had to pay a solid 32% tax when I bought it here, and if they do the same emission stuff on trucks, my small cummins is on the top of the most efficient engines compared to big Scanias 14 liter V-8's...

But I'll bet they figure something for the un-officially imported american pick-ups as well...

If you want to read more about our policy of my truck here, click here:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=140809

I do not have any point in here, but I just wanted to tell you. I think this is just sick what's happening here.

And our laws about tuning/ modding the car's and trucks... Hah, I just don't even start telling that. Everything is fine and easy when you just remember this: Buy a new car from official dealer and keep it stock.

Edit:
Oh sorry, forgot to mention. Regular fuel is 7.75 USD per gallon.(1.4 euros per liter) and diesel is 6.65 USD per gallon ( 1.2 euros per liter).

And we are expecting also higher taxes on diesel fuel... at least 10% more tax..
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel for you... I have spent some time in Norway and they are just as outragious on thier taxes.
plus 11 NOK/liter for fuel. whats fuel run in Finland?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:40 AM
JKM

Are you seriously trying to tell me that a jeep commander costs 177 000 us dollars to buy over there? How does anyone afford to buy a vehicle? I can buy a 3 bedroom 2 level house with a 24x40 heated shop with a 14' high door for that much money over here...

That's outragous...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
JKM: I'm serious.

Check that official list on that link...

I know, many of us don't have afford to buy new car, that's why many of us drives with old POS vehicles... But we have a lot of new cars too... of course.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's minimum wage over there? $50 per hr? How do ya'll even afford to eat with those prices?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by hamilton71801
What's minimum wage over there? $50 per hr? How do ya'll even afford to eat with those prices?

Minimum wage in Austria is 7Euros/hour.... Approx 10 US$, but then there are a lot of taxes to be paid from that...

Today I filled up for (wasn't empty) for 122 Euros- 177US$... and there are discussions about the next rise in fuel base prices and since we don't have high enough taxes on fuel at the moment they want to raise that too. Plus the new eco-taxes on the new vehicles... plus an additional road tax for highway use etc.

You can imagine that I am getting truly fed up .....

AlpineRAM
Old 11-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
So that guy in the Toyota Prius flying by you at 80 mph is going to pay less than a driver in a non-hybrid Sub-Compact going the speed limit and getting better milage.......sounds fair to me.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Chapter President

That's amazing what things cost over there, almost oppressive in nature.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I feel for you... I have spent some time in Norway and they are just as outragious on thier taxes.
plus 11 NOK/liter for fuel. whats fuel run in Finland?
I was in Stavanger, Norway in 2002 and a pizza and a pitcher of beer was $50 US! Ed B
Old 11-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
All I have to say is where is the Tea and the Harbor boys!

Isn't there something about God given rights in almost every Constitution?

And that's not intended as a political comment, it is intended as a revolutionary one.......
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by eddiebob
I was in Stavanger, Norway in 2002 and a pizza and a pitcher of beer was $50 US! Ed B
That's what pizza and beer costs at a rolling stones concert here in 2004
Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

In norway, there is someting like a 100% tax on vehicles to start with.

$50 for a pizza and a few beers sounds about right in norway. beers run about $10 to $12 per glass..
Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Wow that price for a new Jeep is crazy. I thought the UK was bad, guess theres going to be a few of us guys getting out of here over the next few years - these forced taxes and rules are eating away at our liberties as free men. Tradesmen are leaving the Uk in force at present - loads going to Canada and Australia, can't get a Plumber or Sparky for love or money. Minimum wage here is about $11 US an hour. 40 Ton semi truck drivers are on about
$60,000 a year for some companies. But most small houses in a village here are about $600,000 so god help our kids, just don't see how they are ever going to afford a house here.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by UK-RAM
Wow that price for a new Jeep is crazy. I thought the UK was bad, guess theres going to be a few of us guys getting out of here over the next few years - these forced taxes and rules are eating away at our liberties as free men. Tradesmen are leaving the Uk in force at present - loads going to Canada and Australia, can't get a Plumber or Sparky for love or money. Minimum wage here is about $11 US an hour. 40 Ton semi truck drivers are on about
$60,000 a year for some companies. But most small houses in a village here are about $600,000 so god help our kids, just don't see how they are ever going to afford a house here.
Good Lord!!! I thought it was bad over here. If I was over there, I would be finding a way to become an illegal American alien or legal, whatever would work. By the way, what's a Sparky?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:45 PM

How do you guys think the European countries pay for their 'free' healthcare??? Now you know...

Quick Reply: Finland modernises our car taxes to based on emissions...