Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Finally rented the Dukes of hazzard

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i found it funny...and a little too modern, but other than that...jessica was smokin hot as were the atlanta chicks.

they needed someone like a danny devito or joe pesci short fat guy for boss hog...and someone a little more round for uncle jessie. bo and luke...well i didnt like them, other than him flying around the bar like a kamikazi pilot with that helmet on. i nought the movie and wish i would have just rented it tho
Old 12-30-2005, 01:46 PM

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the stunts except the Atlanta traffic circle. I really like good, solid stunt driving. I hate the 40 car pile up BS though. I grew up watching the Dukes and the trick driving and stunts are what kept me watching. Jeez can those boys make cars fly. Sure the biggest air came from a high tech, high power, slingshot (no driver),but I thought it was impressive. Oh and Daisy Duke is a BRUNETTE and will always be (MHO). Sure Jessica Simpson is easy on the eyes but not as Daisy. All in all the movie was a failure, but I only wanted to see the General Lee go sideways and fly and got that.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
i found it funny...and a little too modern, but other than that...jessica was smokin hot as were the atlanta chicks.

they needed someone like a danny devito or joe pesci short fat guy for boss hog...and someone a little more round for uncle jessie. bo and luke...well i didnt like them, other than him flying around the bar like a kamikazi pilot with that helmet on. i nought the movie and wish i would have just rented it tho
Danny Devito would have made a better boss hog than the original.
I think Bo and Luke should have been played by Owen and Luke wilson.

my $.02
Old 12-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Psolla
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the stunts except the Atlanta traffic circle..
I give you that that was impressive drifting but who ever heard off the duke boys drifting? sliding around a corner on dirt yes but not drifting they might as well made the gneral a honds civic with a tail wing and 150 rwhp muffler

Owen wilson would have done good, as far as dasiy goes I don't think I even realized what color her hair was eihter the Catherine or jessica I can't get that far up thier body to notice
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 PM

I hated the jumps, on each one the car landed almost on its side, and Unlike the orginal, the jumps were all fake, the launched the car, and ruined a diferent car each time.