Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

filled up the astro van

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 06:55 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Unhappy filled up the astro van

I filled up the chev astro van today it was sucking fumes. It cost $77.00(cdn) for 90L (23.77gal) of fuel at $0.85.5/L it was reg unleaded.
It is costing more and more these days just for the "basics". It doesn't seam to matter how hard a guy works, it just keeps getting tougher to get ahead.
I'm not sure who is benefiting more. the oil companies from the money we keep paying them or the goverments from the increased taxes (the percentage is the same, the "take" is more) and royalties on domestic wells.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
120 liters of diesel in WLD RYD today...$80.00!

Old 03-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry but I think no matter what the price of gasoline was, filling a MINI van would be depressing......Sorry
Old 03-09-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
Sorry but I think no matter what the price of gasoline was, filling a MINI van would be depressing......Sorry
company van... and company credit card... not all that depressing. but still, the cost of gas is obscene
Old 03-09-2004, 10:23 PM

Originally posted by westcoaster
the cost of gas is obscene
Ummm...the cost of pretty much EVERYTHING is obscene !! so many people in this country are just getting by....I just dont know where the HUGE taxes we pay go.....
Old 03-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Banned

You know that is the real issue, and you will not find any of the presidential candidates talking about that. Everything is going up, food,health insurance (out the roof),gas, trucks, furniture. Everything except a persons wages. People have been told for so long that they can not afford to get a pay increase because of the economy??? What a crock of crap......Maybe if they made a little more money, they would have some to spend, not just cover the basics. I think the working man and woman has taken it in the rear for the last ten fifteen years, there has always been a reason why they could not afford to give a raise. First it was the Iraq war with Bush senior, then high gas prices, then slow economy, then gas again, then middle east unrest, then week dollar, gas again, week dollar, 911, terror threat, gas, Iraq war II, gas, when , just when will it be time for the American worker??????................The split between the haves and the have not's has gotten wider and wider. Bush gave them one of the biggest tax cuts ever, what did you get???? I got a pathetic 600 bucks. I can't wipe my a-- with 600 dollars, much less make any gains with regard to economic positioning. There is always a reason why it is best if the workers in this country don't get a raise. What are they afraid of??? Maybe they will see how the other half live??? Maybe they are afraid we will want more, and they end up with less??? Seams like there are some very screwed up policies around here. If you work with your hands or are in the service business and cater to the rich, then you are expendable, worthless and a blight in there eye's. Some time, maybe not in my generation, but sometime people will wake up. I would imagine it will be in the Y generation, for it is this generation that will bear the burden of the social security Boo Boo, and have to do with out, because of the baby boomer's and the conspicuous consumers they are.
When did hard work and effort go out of style??

When did it become taboo to work for a living and use your hands?

There are people everyday that are killed or mutilated while at work, but I don't see anyone in a up roar about that. There are no drives to help the family, it doesn't even rate on the local news. Just another worker dead, and no one gives a hoot. They can hire another body tomorrow, everything is cool, as long as it does not effect you. As long as the product of service goes on as planed. You know 911, was a terrible, terrible act of hate and stupidity. No one in there right mind would do something so sick, I think most would agree. But there are more then that many people maimed and killed every year at the work place. I don't see anyone collecting for them? But then again, it isn't investment banker, financial planers, CEO's or VP's dieing, is it?? No it is just a worker. Yes a under paid, grossly under appreciated worker.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Ummm...the cost of pretty much EVERYTHING is obscene !! so many people in this country are just getting by....I just dont know where the HUGE taxes we pay go.....
All that tax money went to the misappropriated sponsorship money as bribes to large corporations in Quebec so they would sway the seperation vote.
As well as the higher cost to implement the GST then what that tax brings in. In addition, the constant bail outs of big corporations to save face in the public eye and keep their planes flying.

I don't think I am far from the truth huh?

Its the mini vans fault.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
one or two BILLION to a gun registry...

y-knot, same issues on this side of the line... the cost of goods has far out ran pay increases. and then there is the tax increases...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Filled the Ghost just before everything went thru the roof last week. $111.00. That hurts, but sure glad I did it then.

BrokeBob
Old 03-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Banned

Hey Bob is she parked in the driveway?? I need fuel....
Siphoning fuel is an art best learned in high school....
Old 03-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by spots
Hey Bob is she parked in the driveway?? I need fuel....
Siphoning fuel is an art best learned in high school....
HMMM, that reminds me - - where do you get locking fuel caps for a gen 3? Need one on my aux tank, too. Thanks, Spots.

SleepingWithOneEyeOpenBob
Old 03-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Siphon 101 was taught here too.

Oneeyebob, don't worry about the locks, we have the right tools for a one time drainage.

Scottyrunninnotsofastfrombob
Old 03-13-2004, 12:18 AM

Y-Knot you don't own an old fashion typewriter and live in a cabin, do ya?
Old 03-13-2004, 06:08 AM

Hehehehehe