Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fighting Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Fighting Rules

Sounds like a girl is pushing the huy towards fighting . his heart doesnt sound like its in it. If he really wanted too he would have let it go and dont worry about it. you should only fight to defend yourself. i used to srap at the drop of the hat and for fun it aint worth it anymore. By the way their are no rules for fighting unless your in a tournment. Blow off what ever the girl says because she's the one enjoying it <br><br>Thats my .02 worth and i've been around the block a time or two
Old 05-26-2003, 11:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, for the past monthy now, I have been telling him if he wants me, come and find me but I'm not coming to him. Last night just me off. I finally see him and call him out and he runs off. is that?? I'm a peaceful guy. Ask SPD03. I've been avoiding and blowing this guy off for a while now. Last night I had had enough of it. I know I should have been the mature guy and I have been. But I had reached the end of my wits with this kid. He wants to be all big and bad over the phone, but what's he like when I call his bluff. I'm sorry. Normally I try and avoid fights (ask SPD03), but I had had enough. What made it even worse is that he didn't show up. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this guy. I know I could win in a fight against him. He's smaller than me. I'm done with him now. I called his bluff. He may be able to talk the talk but he can't walk the walk. And by the way, my unit is bigger than his unit. ;D
Old 05-27-2003, 05:45 AM

Just because he is smaller doesnt mean you would have won. I know some guys who are 170lbs who regularly dismantle anyone they tangle with, even those up to 280 lbs. Dont let the size fool you.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:34 AM

When it comes to fighting young-uns have the luxury of not having a family to support, bills to pay, or the prospect of lengthy rehabilitation to consider. When you have RESPONSIBILITIES to a wife, family, and a job the idea of having to be nursed back to being able to eat solid foods again makes the prospects of fighting a little less appealing. You will find as you get older that nobody cares how big and bad you are - leave that for the frustrated ex-jocks and frat-boys to delude themselves with. What matters is how well you can support your family and the quality of life that you wish to have.<br><br>I have friends who are now reaping the rewards of being ten feet tall and bulletproof in their younger years - and willing to prove it. One can't take a big bite of a steak because his jaw was never right after he got it shattered in a fight. Another lives with chronic pain from a shattered wrist he got when he went to punch somebody and they weaved - the truck door got a dent but he got arthritis. The list goes on.<br><br>Part of growing up is learning how to handle situations and people. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to defuse the situation while saving face (at least in your mind's eye). Just remember, 2 years from now none of this will matter to anybody except you - unless something goes south and one of you ends up with a record.<br><br>That said, calling his bluff - in this case - was probably the right thing to do. Next time it might not be.<br><br>I like to say - Never bring a gun (or knife, or stick, or boom car) to a truck fight. ;D
Old 05-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

On a slightly different note:

Found this, both funny and true.

Rules for a Gunfight
Anonymous

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on &quot;pucker factor&quot; than the inherent accuracy of the gun. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. &quot;All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket.&quot;

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. (emphasis mine. )

24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than &quot;4&quot;.

25. You can't miss fast enough to win.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:24 AM

Shovelhead,<br>I've seen those rules, only the title was &quot;Marine Rules for Gunfighting&quot;. The follow on to those are the &quot;Navy Rules for Gunfighting&quot;: <br><br> Navy Rules to Gunfighting:<br> 1. Go to Sea<br> 2. Send the Marines<br> 3. Drink Coffee<br><br>
Old 05-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=0#142134 date=1053929671]<br>Alright. So this guy has been wanting to fight for about a month now. I've been brushing him off and telling him to come to me. Well, tonight, we parked next to him at the theaters (the truck is ok and I didn't know this at the time). I get a txt msg on my phone from his ex gf (yall remember Heather?) and she was like hey yall parked next to us, blah blah blah. Well, me and my friends come out of the theater and low and behold, guess who came back up there by his self? Well, we started yelling at him to get out and fight and he drove off scared (like a typical ford driver). So I told him to pick a place to meet me at. Well, he told me and I showed up. Guess what? He never did. I finally get him on the phone and he said that he forgot in a time span of 5 mins. He thinks it's a pretty good excuse. Now. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you call some one out to fight that you've been wanting to fight, aren't you supposed to meet them there? I just thought I'd ask some of you older, more experienced people just exactly what the rules are about fighting. God I hate wusses.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Without even reading the other replies....Blue, no offense, but you, sir, are an idiot. : ;D Just kidding...but seriously, fighting is stupid...especially when you're the one trying to pick the fight. Why would you want to do that? What is it gonna prove? If I could only count the number of fights I've walked away from....<br><br>Anybody can stay and fight....it takes character and integrity to walk away. Don't go around trying to pick fights Blue. There's already enough of that kind of nonsense going around as it is. If you HAVE to fight to defend yourself or someone else...then by all means fight, and fight like a vicious dog...but don't do it just because you don't like the guy. That proves nothing except how childish you can be. <br><br>And...for what it's worth...in my experience the person who picks the fights usually walks away with a very bruised ego after getting his little tail whooped...
Old 05-27-2003, 08:44 AM

[quote author=hotdram link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=15#142440 date=1054041855]<br>Shovelhead,<br>I've seen those rules, only the title was &quot;Marine Rules for Gunfighting&quot;. The follow on to those are the &quot;Navy Rules for Gunfighting&quot;: <br><br> Navy Rules to Gunfighting:<br> 1. Go to Sea<br> 2. Send the Marines<br> 3. Drink Coffee<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>
Old 05-27-2003, 09:36 AM

Blue, pay attention to Dalton Gang's legal advice. If he is the same person as SDalton on the TDR, he is in Law Enforcement up in Conroe. He KNOWS what he is talking about. From my younger days, the police don't care who started it. If they catch you fighting, you both get charged.

I agree with the advice here. Just don't start a fight. Fight if you have to defend yourself or someone you know.

There are plenty of other girls out there. Forget about the breech ;D. She will most likely wrong him in the near future when she gets bored.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant We all Just Get Along???? <br>
Old 05-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Watch the language on this one, guys. Substituting characters for letters isn't going to get you any Brownie points with the admins so don't bother. : Ya'all have some good advice going here, just keep it clean.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=RamlovingVet link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=15#142572 date=1054055534]<br>Cant We all Just Get Along???? <br><br>[/quote]<br><br> Ohh a wise guy ayyy? <br><br>Pokes Ramlovingvet in the eyes Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
Old 05-27-2003, 01:37 PM

[quote author=RamlovingVet link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=15#142572 date=1054055534]<br>Cant We all Just Get Along???? <br><br>[/quote]<br><br>You want some of me?? Bring it on!! &gt; ;D
Old 05-27-2003, 01:45 PM

In my best Roy D. Mercer voice: Well, just how big 'a boy are 'ya? <br>
Old 05-27-2003, 02:00 PM

You think you're tough??!! Why don't you meet me after school in the parking lot!!! &gt;

Quick Reply: Fighting Rules