Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fighting Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fighting Rules

Alright. So this guy has been wanting to fight for about a month now. I've been brushing him off and telling him to come to me. Well, tonight, we parked next to him at the theaters (the truck is ok and I didn't know this at the time). I get a txt msg on my phone from his ex gf (yall remember Heather?) and she was like hey yall parked next to us, blah blah blah. Well, me and my friends come out of the theater and low and behold, guess who came back up there by his self? Well, we started yelling at him to get out and fight and he drove off scared (like a typical ford driver). So I told him to pick a place to meet me at. Well, he told me and I showed up. Guess what? He never did. I finally get him on the phone and he said that he forgot in a time span of 5 mins. He thinks it's a pretty good excuse. Now. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you call some one out to fight that you've been wanting to fight, aren't you supposed to meet them there? I just thought I'd ask some of you older, more experienced people just exactly what the rules are about fighting. God I hate wusses.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:20 AM

Re:Fighting Rules

I have been there before man. Had this punk kid tell me to meet him at an old pizza place that he knew was off the road. I sat there for two hrs and he never showed. I had one of my friends go and find him. he said his dad grounded him for the night. Uhhhh your 19 years old andgrounded??? I was only 17 at the time and was ready and willing to put a hurting on him. Funny thing is two days later I started dateing his GF. Really great looker but not too much up stairs. we did go out for two years. ;D That did not sit well with him either but he never said another word to me of my firends again.<br>DM01
Old 05-26-2003, 01:51 AM

I know you are only 17, but you really need to grow up man... [undecided] Please tell me exactly what fighting accomplishes. Sounds to me like the &quot;my unit is bigger than your unit&quot; mentality... : It certainly does not make you any more of a man, and nowadays, if you mess with the wrong dude, you could possibly get your brains blown away. Ask yourself: Is it really worth it to stoop down to his level? <br><br>Just my $.02, take it or leave it....
Old 05-26-2003, 01:56 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

As Dezlpwr says. : Mature people do not lower themselves down to the level of someone who wants to pick a fight. Instead, a mature person will try and raise the other person up to a better level.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:28 AM

They have some valid points, fighting doesn't accomplish alot. When I use to look for fights I never met anyone anywhere! When it was gravel time it was that here and now. I'm not exactly old, but if put into a corner I will get it go. I do highly recommend walking away though. Spent a couple of days in the hospital when I was 16 or 17 getting my face rebuilt. There is always someone tougher out there. That is my .02.<br>Scooter
Old 05-26-2003, 06:00 AM

Looking for a fight is a stupid thing to do, in todays time. I was never one to go out and look for a fight, but I have been in many. You stand up for yourself, morally, and when someone wants to fight, let them start it, then give it all you have, until it is finished, and let him know there is plenty more left if he wants to continue. Never start a fight, but always try to finish it. Oh, and a reminder. You are 17 years old, and concidered an adult, in the state of TEXAS. If the police get involved, you will be charged with adult crimes that follow you the rest of your life. So, dont let some idiot girl bait you into a fight.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:09 AM

I agree with Dalton..never start a fight but if you have to finish it! I am only 21 so i suppose i am still considered a &quot;Youngin&quot; but in any event the way i see it is some punk starts something (which they can do) as long as they start i say put em in their place! If you can! Maybe next time they will think twice and maybe you just saved someone else from their torment. Do be careful though as you never know about some people i am alway packing though have never had to draw it and hope never to! I find that (around here anyway) 9 out of 10 guys will tuck their tails and run when stood up to! In most cases it is a case of some jerk letting his Pitt bull mouth overload his Pickense @$$! So when stood up they start backing up quick! I am not saying we should go around fighting i am just saying you have to stand up for yourself and what is right!! Dont let people push you around! I learned that from my parents long ago (3rd grade) and my life has been better every since. I used to let guys pick on me and bully me my parents finally convinced me that, that is unacceptable and no one is any better than me and i have to stand up for myself and what is right!! That is the way it should be! Now as far as girls go that is a different story they will get ya in trouble fast! They will have you fighting mad at some other guy and probably for no reason! Just remember it is just as much the girl fault as it is the guys (most of the time) it takes 2 to tango you know!!!<br>just my 4.63 cents!
Old 05-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Blue, save the hassle. Go train in a gym, take boxing or spend the money that could be spent on legal bills and other stuff on your new or next gal or even on your RAM.<br>Next time you see the dude...wish him the best. a lil bit of psycho babble like that can usually throw an opponent off and put it to rest.<br><br>Get yerself a George Foreman Grill, some heavy objects, eat well and train. Use the energy eleswhere and don't let that guy live rent free in yer attic.<br><br>capiche?<br><br>There ain't no rules in fighting and he may have just got you by not showing up.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Very good advice Scotty.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:40 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

;D Very sound advice here. Over here it's usually like that, that only youngsters who don't have a future to loose start fights. (You know, the ones with a reserved room in the penitentiary, no job, no education etc)<br>So, you go there and then there are 2 possibilities: First, you lose out and are confronted with a fat bill for restoring your teeth, your face or what ever. You won't get it back from him or his parents- causer they don't have nothing. Or maybe your parents paying your funeral. Bad one isn't it ?<br>On the other hand you may win. Give him h***, kick his.... etc. 8) isn't it ? OK, maybe not so cool after you had to pick up the tab in the hospital for his treatment. Oooh, poor baby won' be able to work anymore in his life, you have beaten the *** out of him... you will have to pay even more. <br><br>Be glad that this guy saved you from each of these alternatives. Go, buy him a cup of a legal beverage. <br><br>I may sound like a wuss to you now, but I became a pacifist out of experience.....<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 05-26-2003, 01:54 PM

Rule #1: Don't Fight. Unless you're being physically assaulted, there is no good reason to fight. <br><br>Been there, done that. Used to think I was a real badazz. I've found out a couple of times that there is always someone badder than you. Learned that lesson the hard way.<br><br>Don't waste your time or energy on this guy. Like it was mentioned before, if you do fight him, you only stand a chance of permantly damaging yourself or the other guy. Rest assured, you WILL pay in either outcome.<br><br>
Old 05-26-2003, 05:52 PM

Boy, those were the days about 50 years ago when calling someone out was a little more &quot;accepted&quot;, but all you get anymore is a coward with a gun that'll make you wish you stayed home.<br><br>It sounds to me that you've already won, Blue. Winning a fight doesn't always require coming to blows, and in this case that's true. At this point, he's not even worth the time of day. I've seen a few guys shut up once I stood up to 'em, and that's all it takes most times.<br><br>I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but just think. When you're telling your kids or grandkids this story, that guy was scared of big bad blue and turned tail and ran. You know how kids like to idolize their father. Good on ya.<br><br>-SFB
Old 05-26-2003, 06:39 PM

[quote author=shortfieldbreak link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=0#142305 date=1053989578]
I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but just think. When you're telling your kids or grandkids this story, that guy was scared of big bad blue and turned tail and ran. You know how kids like to idolize their father. Good on ya.

-SFB
[/quote][quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=0#142134 date=1053929671]
Well, we started yelling at him to get out and fight and he drove off scared (like a typical ford driver). [/quote]
#1 BigBadBlue
#2 Like a typical Ford driver would??? &gt; Dont make me kick your [cen].
Old 05-26-2003, 07:50 PM

Hey SD03 were you the Ford owner that turned tail and ran??? :P Don't pick on little blue :<br>DM01
Old 05-26-2003, 08:32 PM

[quote author=dodgeman01 link=board=10;threadid=15140;start=0#142323 date=1053996659]
Hey SD03 were you the Ford owner that turned tail and ran??? :P Don't pick on little blue :
DM01
[/quote]
Heck no!! Im on BigBlue's side. If I want to fight someone bad enough I will trace them down.I dont run with my tail between my legs! I havent gotten in very many fights...I dont know why???? I dont think Im scary only 6'3-6'4 190lbs. I only pick on little Blue for fun I never mean harm. I am currently driving a Excursion with a PSD in it. With little extras. ;D But dont throw stuff at me Im changing to a CTD 3500 which is in my sig. But ya Im on BB side.
SD03

Oh and BigBlue why did you callme I could have gotten a &quot;Little Silver Truck&quot; to take care of his truck.The Little Silver Truck is my brother's tow truck for ya that dont know. ;D

Quick Reply: Fighting Rules