Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

F450vs1TON DODGE

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F450vs1TON DODGE

well i was out in front of our new harbor freight that opened up tuesday with a couple buddies of mine when this guy walked out and got in his F450 wrecker. he pulled up and talked with us a little and said "hey lets hook up and do a tug o war". his truck had the 6.0, 4wd, auto, and street slicks and his wrecker bed. he said his truck was just over 10000. i told him "na thats allright, you out weigh me by around 3000". he says "no man, this truck's got a power stroke and its 4wd, ill drag you all around". i asked him how many miles he's got on his truck, and he says, "oh its got a lot" how much i ask, "it just turned over 11000" i laughed and said come talk to me when you get to 100000. but it got me wonderin, if i could put 3000+ in the bed of my truck, and we were offroad in grass or sand, if i could pull him. i know a lot of it has to do with weight, and the height of where you hook up, and driving skills, but it would be interesting though. what do yall think. but i just loved how he kept talking about his 6.poopoo and how the only vehicles he has ever pulled out of the mud and on the road were chevy's and dodges. oh well what can you do.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM

We have an '05 F450 6.0 wrecker here at our shop. The engine is crap and broke down more than I care to think about, but we've drug an Excurision, can't remember if it was the V10 or the diesel. It was parked back in first so we had to drag it with the back tires locked up. Let's just say that dang thing didn't stand a chance against our wrecker, but then again it's made for that kind of thing. On the trip home though our front end of the wrecker was stretched as far as it could go and every bump we hit felt like the truck was gunna flip backwards..

Originally Posted by Southern Pride
he said his truck was just over 10000. i told him "na thats allright, you out weigh me by around 3000".
But yeah, anything that weighs more is gunna get more traction therefore have more 'oomph' when it comes to pulling. (I'm sure you already knew that though ) And that's what wreckers are built for..
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 PM

yeah, thats what i thought, but i guess anything is possible. i was just thinking that if i had enought weight in the back end, and we were off pavement, that with my m/t tires, i might could have better traction vs his street slicks. i know that he's probably got what, a 4.30 rearend though. i dont know, just thinkin out loud