Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Extended Warranty Companies

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty Companies

My brother is looking for some info. about extended Warranty Companies....anyone have any info. or experience (good or bad) with Ultimate Warranty Company, Wynns Warranty, or any other ext. warranties in general???

Any and all info. appreciated.

Thanks.

BTW, if not comfortable posting bad experiences, send by PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 AM

Re:Extended Warranty Companies

Doc, I don't know why, but everytime I see your "handle", I think of Evel Kneival (SP).
;D ;D ;D
I know I'm probably not the first 8)

My general experience with insurance companies........oops warranty companies is that they are just like the above listed oops.....Read the fine print. Cuz if they can get out of it.......And now you know the rest of the story. I have however, heard of some decent ones out there. I had the wife buy an extended warranty from Daimler Chrysler on her 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited, only because the thing had more bells and whistles than Carter has pills.

Have a great Holiday season...Magnum AKA Bob B

PS Whatever the comfort level is.....for the owner of the extended warranty.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:04 PM

SERIOUSLY!!! Talk with the service dept. manager where you'll get your rig worked on.

If the extended warranty company is not a business that the service dept often works with, they can require that you pay for the repair, take the receipt and get reimbursed from the warranty company.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:47 PM

Terrible they will screw you any way they can to get out of paying. Story to follow

My eagle talon was purchased last november and sat all winter in my garage in heated storage. I got the car it had an oil change on it. Drive it 5,000 KM since the purchase and have done 3 oil changes and tranny blows.

Try to claim through lubrico they said you HAVE to change the oil in it every 3 months regardless of it its driven or not! I have had 3 oil changes in less then 5,000 K I tell them I have the bills to prove as well. They say that if I can't prove I took the insurance off the car and paid for the storage I would not get the claim.

They never did pay for my trans it cost my 2500 bucks. My advice save your money and use it towards something if it does break the most they will cover is up to 1200 bucks anyways and the warranty package I got was a grand yeah a Grand I threw away. I think its the biggest useless farce there is.

Also the shop that does their warranty work was disgusting! The guy there was so grubby and mouthy and drive the crap outta my car while it was there for the trans put 500 KM on it while he was supposed to be working on it. And he had enough crap on his face you could have scraped it off and made a sandwich!

I got the car outta there and to a buddy of mine used to own a mister transmissions and races Stock cars. He did it for me in 2 days and its 100% now.

I would honestly NEVER again purchase any aftermarket warranty.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:25 AM

The advise on checking w/your dealer is very good. My thoughts are put the money in the bank & draw off it when a "covered" repair is needed. Most times you'll have money left over after the warranty period is done. I've worked in the service dept. at 2 dealerships for the past 23 yrs & have found that to be the case in the vast majority of the repairs. They are too busy denying repairs for lack of what they say in maintance short comings,collecting deductibles,etc.