Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Exhibition of Acceleration-you know youre guilty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucky for me, the old dodge only goes 80 with that 727. The getrag swap may change that...
Old 03-20-2007, 09:59 AM

Only time was in a 53 Merc.
Light changed, I spun going over the pedestrian crossing lines. Guy next to me smoked the whole intersection.
Cop claims he didnt see him only heard me.
Lost license for 1 year
Old 03-20-2007, 11:09 AM

If its not too personal, Was there some previous involvement with the police there or just harsh punishment?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Driving my Ooooold 1968 Toyota Corona....Not Corolla,
Sitting at a light on Rt 1 near Ft Belvoir Many, many years ago.
Camaro in the left lane.
Light went green, I chirped the tires when I hit second gear.
Cop going the other direction made a U-Turn when he heard the tire screech.
I figured I was TOAST.
He pulled over the Camaro..........

Looks like a Hotrod, don't it.......

Not mine.....mine was blue with a white vinyl top.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So anyway, about 15 minutes ago I was driving down the road and a punked out S10 goes flying past me and stops at the next light. I was turning right and noticed his windows down. So I got around the corner and nailed it. Smoked my BFG's 1/2 way thru 2nd gear before I backed out of it. I sure showed them punks what a 50 yr old punk in a 7000 lb truck can do. No cops, no ticket.....this time. Please don't tell my wife.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
DTR question asker

I would probably have more of an issue with this if I didn't get that sinking feeling of having to buy 4 tires instead of two every time it comes across my mind...
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by berner
No cops, no ticket.....this time. Please don't tell my wife.
and there ya go
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Since we're telling stories. I have MANYYYYYYYY from my teens and twenties. I was a real knucklehead... some will say that I haven't changed Anyways one in particular. I was about 19 and had a souped up honda goldwing. I was on the freeway and came up on two cars side by side only doing about 45. I was a little ticked that they slowed me down so much when I was running late. I didn't see anything ahead of them that was causing them to drive so slow so I shot right between them and almost hit a highway patrol car in the tail end. The officer kindly moved over a lane hoping that I would pass him so he could pull me over... no go. I stayed behind him. After a couple of exits he got off the highway and I thought that I got lucky so I promptly got it up to about 110mph to hightail it outta there. About 20 minutes later I saw flashing lights WAYYYYYYYYYY behind me. He had gotten back on the highway and was really ticked off that he almost blew up his 5.0 mustang chasing me 100+ up the cuesta grade. I pulled over and his car was smoking, overheated. Luckily he cooled off and as he put it " only wrote me up for 70+ so he wouldn't have to take me to jail" Young and dumb. Dangerous combination.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:38 PM

Neglegent driving and reckless driving here for simple tire spins.

Gotta love it when youre in a front wheel drive car and the cops write "spun rear tires throughout turn".

Got both deferred and droppped for good behavior.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Chapter President

Not lately, but I've had one, or two......or three.......or......
Old 03-20-2007, 06:03 PM

I was doing a burn out in my powerstroke in front a friends house (he told me to light em up) Well when I got done the cop was parked behind me. And the rest is history
Old 03-20-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A few years ago, I decided to take the 67 Camaro for a ride after a stressful day. The car has a 406 small block with dual quads, full cage, you get the picture.
So I take off from a red light, and get on it a little, chirp second, and guess who is coming out of a parking lot as I am doing this? Yes, a state policeman.
So I pull right over, he pulls over and comes over to the car and says,Nice car, I had one of these. Give him my license and registration ans insurance card. Gives it back to me and says "thank you for pulling over, I don't think I could have caught you. Now my wife has dinner on the table and my ice cream is gonna melt in my front seat, so if your gonna do that again, wait about ten minutes and I won't be around if you know what I mean, Have a good night sir."

Rich
Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM

I could write about 10 pages of fun

But i type slow so i will give you 2 good ones for a start.
My first car 175.00 1965 plymouth belvedere 2 dr 383 bbl 4spd 3.23 gear not bad for a first car only problem seems to wear out rear tires very fast why????

So after driving for 6 months at the ripe old age of 16.5 i find a 69 440 magnum and stuff it in = 3300 pound car with a big block . At the time i am the weekend manager at the gas/repair station on the famous woodward ave at 15 mile rd(you know the same as the woodward dream cruise + the street race/test track for the big 3 in the 50's-early 70's) So we have 2 service bays and a very long parking lot with a pay phone at the far end where the local cops call their girls/wifes from. One evening i pull my cam and install a mechanical 286/485 set the lash and fire it up for a little test back it down to the end of the lot by the phone/cop talking talking on it and let her rip thru 1+ 2nd and roll it back into the service stall oh boy seems to be a real tire/traction problem now and guess who is off the phone and into the garage right quick yep the guy in blue and he was not happy!!
Being the nice polite young man i was i told him that this was private property and i was working on a rear end problem with the car didn't you see all the smoke . After he gave me a little talking to he left saying he would see me around of course i said i would be sure and wave.

Same car and setup a few months later late friday night in the sevice bay set the valves bump the timing and 1 step richer jetting going to the strip in the AM. Decide i better test it on the way home and make sure all is good to go for the AM . Pull out head north on woodward 1.5 miles to the next city (sure don't want to see my best buddy in blue) turn right east on 16 mile rd 2 lane past golf course out into the country look around no cops nobody on the road
put the skinny pedal on the mat start banging gears at 6k bury the 120 spedo around mid 4th gear feels good . Let off pull it out of gear coast a little while comming up on a traffic light look in the rear view and what is this red lights comming a little ways back not good. He pulls me over asks me for the paper work i give it to him and after a quick look he say what the h**# have you got in this thing i was flat out and not gaining on you ! So i tell him then he wants to know if he can have a look at it!! Yes SIR YOU SURE CAN wow this guy is cool. So after explaining that i thought this was the safest area to test my car before heading to the track in the morning he says better not do it again nice engine get out of here
Old 03-20-2007, 10:18 PM

hmm, well while ive never owned any really high HP vechiles..i had a couple stories.

back in HS as sr's we got off campus lunch once every 6 weeks. so we were at the local subway, me and a couple other friends crammed into my hopped up DSM. so we pull out then i lay it down and start meltin the tires off. upon my return home for the day my mother asks me if i have any rubber left on my wheels. i just grinned

most memorable would have been when i was showing off for a bunch of friends (why does that always spell trouble?). so along the course of time, me and my buddies figured out that my 91 nissan pathfinder was a doughnut cuttin SOB. and one evening on the bus ride home from a b-ball game, we all get to talking and others want to see me n the beast in action. so we all go out to the local park where there was an undeveloped lot. its pouring rain and slicker than snot and im slipping and sliding and cutting doughnuts everywhere. lots of cheers from the group..but soon lights are starting to come on. its time to get the hell outta dodge! so their all piling in their trucks/cars, and i go to make my way out of the lot. eeeeeeexcept..i cant move! im not sinking, not burried up, i just cant get any traction! im literally floating on mud and my AT's just werent enough grip. as you can imagine im trying like he!! to get out even in 4wd. finally reverse becomes my friend then i charge headlong through all the muck and finally make it to pavement. i was literally seconds from ditching my truck and jumping in with a friend!

and excessive acceleration??? i own a crotch rocket...you tell me

and nick, if your reading this..im tellin a few on you!

i think we were both around 14-15...and his dad sent us off to feed at a place they rented from this old man. so we took the infamous "brown truck" which was an 89 chebby 4x4 with a 350 and a 4spd tranny. we drove mostly dirt, but had about a mile or so of pavement to cover. so he decides to see what the truck has. holy he!!, he dumps the clutch and i cant even begin to tell you how much rubber we left on the road that day. but we went hard enought that we boiled the coolant and it took a LONG time to get the temp outta the red!

and countless burnouts, drifts, and 180's in his old v-10 dodge. good times..good times
Old 11-11-2008, 10:44 PM

Lets bring this back up and see who is guilty now lol.

Quick Reply: Exhibition of Acceleration-you know youre guilty