Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Exhibition of Acceleration-you know youre guilty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhibition of Acceleration-you know youre guilty

In simpler terms, spinning your tires or launching from a red light. Weve all done it...now whos been caught???
Personally Ive been pulled over 3 times for it.

Once it was 130am. Spun tires all the way up a bridge (no one around and an old set of tires). Get to the stop sign ahead and here comes a variety of lights through the cloud of smoke-Red and Blues. TX DPS officer....walks up to my door laughing. Asks what i was doing. explain its a fun truck. We end up talking about diesels for 10minutes...let off with a warning. Whats your story?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:54 AM

When I was a teenager I drag raced a guy heading out of town. He was a little faster so the cop came after me. Only cost me $50, but my insurance booted me.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 AM

Found out during a snow storm....
We were doing donuts in the college parking lot. university police came and said they could impound our trucks for it on campus, if off campus we could be arrested. Said same for spinning tires...its considered street racing or something, so if you get the wrong cop...
Old 03-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back in the late 70's they used to call it "Unnecessary Noise" and give us a $19 fine. I probably got about $250 into those tickets.

When I launch this truck it makes so freakin' much noise that any cop within 2 blocks is going to come running. So I'm careful. Besides, tires are expensive. Funny how you're priorities change when you get a few years on you.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Once I put my $170 BFgs on, it slowed down a lot.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Got busted once. Called digging out back home (don't ask the cop was a retard). Ground was wet and I went to accelerate into on coming traffic and the tires spun (darn comp ) and the cop which was 5 cars behind me busted me. I guarantee that if I hadn't been 16 I coulda gotten off but not with this cop. I'll stop there before I get angry.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Yeah once, in my truck. I don't condone street racing on busy intersection type roads, but this was more of just a "jump off the light" rather than a race. There was some kind of stupid import in the lane next to me doing the stupid ricer thing at the light, so when it hit green I let him have it and took off. Never got over 45 or so which is about the speed limit. Anyways he did the ricer fly-by and took off. Unfortunately I had a tail light out, and got pulled over for that. Cop was a decent guy though and was just kind of chuckling about the thing asking me if I was drag racing him. I could tell he was in good spirits so I gave him a slight smirk and said "Sir, this is a very big truck, there's no WAY I could race this thing!" He smirks back, goes back to his car, writes up the warning, tells me to get my light fixed, and told me to get it to the track next time I believe he said. Yes sir! I posted the story up a while back on another site when it happened, I will see if I still have it, it was pretty funny to me at the time.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Busted once about 15 years ago.
'68 VW Beetle. (baja bug)
1776cc with dual 2-bbl Webbers
Close ratio gears & Beefy Diff. (Stock transaxle lasted about 5 minutes after engine was fired for the first time)

Spun the mudgrips though two gears......then looked like I hit the jackpot at Vegas.......

Cop was laughing, said he'd never have thought a bug could do that......then gave me a ticket......
Old 03-19-2007, 02:29 PM

I was sitting at a stop light one day and left like a bat out of hell. Well I guess I blew a huge cloud of smoke and there was a cop sitting about 3 cars behind me. I didn't break the speed limit or spin my tires but I still got stoped. He asked why my truck smoked so much and I replied "I think I have an engine issue". He let me go without any ticket or a warning, he just said to get it looked at.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a ticket in my old 91 toyota 4x4 because it didn't have mudflaps, lol. And i got another ticket in that truck for having palets 4" above the bed (unsufficient load) when I was taking it to the dump, they were literally 4" above the bed and strapped down. Got another ticket for going 5 over the limit, got another for going 22 over the limit, got another for not completely stopping at a stop light... not to brag, but I think the cops like me. And once It was at night on a back road, and a car was tail gating me badly so I sped up to get away from him and i thought he was trying to race me so I kept going, only to have him turn his lights on and pull me over, lol. He said "I wanted to see how fast u were going to go. Man, being young was my only excuse. lol. I've been good lately I haven't had a ticket in awhile, since I drive pretty normal now.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Our local transfer station will charge $20 if you dont have a tarp over your load.
Its free if your tarped. even if its a bag of trash, it must be under a tarp or its $20
Old 03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I broke traction bad leaving work one day, one of my buddies was next to me on a hog and we were playing. Housing is 3 miles down the road, and when we got there, my buddy on the bike got pulled off to the side. I pulled over too, and the CO of PMO (MP's) was behind us. He starts chewing my buddy a new one, and I was like, uh, Sir? It was me! He was like, not in that truck, quit trying to get him out of trouble... I tried to tell him again, and he said to the MP that was next to us, good. Write them both a ticket, then he got in his car and left. The MP (LCpl) says... don't worry about it. We don't like the hole anyway.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't say I haven't done it, but I can say I haven't been caught.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:05 PM

I got stopped for it but not ticketed. I was leaving walgreens one day and it had fresh blacktop so I couldn't help but slide it sideways by snapping the throttle in my turn. I got to the end of the driveway and the cop was already out of his car yelling at me. I turned the stereo down to see what he was saying and after his accusation I just played dumb and asked if my tires chirped... I didn't hear it my stereo was up... sorry about that. He wasn't buying it but luckily he got an urgent call and just told me to slow down.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:21 PM

WOW, I could fill up several pages on this subject. I had (have) a 78 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe that I bought new. It was a cop magnet and I had a heavy right foot. In the early 80s, spinning tires was called wreckless driving and $80 + 10 points. I was put on probation once for 6 mos. I went 6 mos and 4 days and got a ticket. Got two more that month. Pulled my license for 3 months. Going to work one night and could see head lights keeping up @ 70 mph (in a 55) and thought it was some of my buddies. Kicked her on down. Speedo only went to 100. Finially saw the blue lights and pulled over and waited on him. He ask how fast I was going and I said 70. He said thats bs because he was running 115 and wasn't gaining. He gave me a good tongue lashing and let me go. Luckily I met my lovely wife and grew up "a little". Hope my son don't read this.

Quick Reply: Exhibition of Acceleration-you know youre guilty