Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Exercise??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
This might make the thread a little more interesting to read, what types of supplements does everyone here take?

umm, Copenhagan and green tea.

I break my workout similiar to you, work on certain muscle groups each day, that way it gives them time to recoup.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

Back when I was in highschool I used to try the method of attempting to work on every single area in one workout session......I was so flippin sore all the time that I had a hard time staying motivated. Then I realized I was a dummy and started devoting on day to one or two areas and that was it..........works SOOOO much better!

~Nick
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Chapter President

Exercise? What's that?

Just kidding. I used to work out all the time to stay in shape for hockey. 2 hours on the ice, 2 hours off ice training, an hour a day lifting. It is best to work a certain group once a day and then give it a days rest. Cardio and weights are the best combo IMHO.

This is a pic of me last month....weight 132, benched 260. But this is after many many years of training. All natural, no supplements!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Muscle milk, L glutamine, L arganine and a multivitamine are the supplements I take right now.

I dont know if you can still get it or not but if you want to get big in a hurry try some methyl masterdol. When I took it there was talk of banning it but I dont know it that ever happened or not. I put on 22 lbs in about 3 weeks and my strenght went through the roof. Just make sure to get some formadrol and start takin in before you get off, and continue to do so after you are off. Not recomending this to anybody, just shareing my experience.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

^^I don't know but it sounds like you could start to glow green after doing all that
Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 PM

I was reccomended to take Omega 3 Fish Oil pills. I was reading into them a little and although it's not like creatine they do seem to have some beneficial attributes.

Anyone here take/have used them?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned

Yeah I take them for Heart Health since heart disease runs in my family. Glad to hear it has some other benefits too.. You can get a big bottle at walmart for like $12 I think..

I take that, cod liver oil and a multi vitamin... Oh and ephedrine .
Old 05-22-2007, 08:55 PM

Three days a week at the fittness center. Anytime is open 24/7 so it is really nice to be able to go there when there is only a couple there if any. 2 hours, little of everthing. I like the to do upper body one nite and lower the next and and all around one nite. My knees kill me so I ride the bike about 30-60 minutes at different rates. It seems to be helping. I sure feel better. I wish I had a pool available. I swam competitively up into college. I kinda lost the love of the water for a while after that but it is relaxing now.

At 65 I have to try to stay away from the heavy weights now and I've pretty much retired from baseball and softball. Still bowl pretty well however. There aren't many my age that want to play as hard as I like to anymore. I played with the younger guys for a long time but I'm just not competitive with them any more.

I watch what I eat and have cut back on the quantity dramatically.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Banned

I've heard as you get older the best thing you can do for you bones and joints is weight train... If you do it properly and not overload yourself... even 2.5lbs on certain things can be too heavy if you can't handle it properly until you get into shape if able.

Exercising really increases your quality of living at any age... I'm not a pro or anything but I couldn't see myself being sedintary like some people, yuk! I don't even care that much about getting "ripped" just as long as I look and feel good.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

*CORRECTION* I don't take NO-Xplod after workout and before bed (it is a caffiene enriched pre-workout drink lol) I take Cell Mass which is made by the same company. To be honest my desire and funds have dwindled for working out since getting my truck, it is very hard and very expensive to have two (and now three with the Grizz) hobbies! lol. If you want to get big and strong quik LEGALLY take "Torque" (made by "Geared up Nutrition") for a 3 week cycle and after the 1st full week start taking "Novedex" as well. Continue taking "Novedex" for 3-5 weeks after the 3 week period with "Torque" is over. Doing that will get you BIG quik with lots of strength gains. Not something I would recomend for a younger person or someone who has a bad temper, but it worked very well for me. I only did one of those cycles once but it was very worth it without any bad side-effects. I just can't afford it now lol.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
Just curious about how many of you exercise on a regular basis and what you do. I've been very interested and involved in physical fitness lately so I'm curious of you diesel heads actually DO anything or just sit around and read DTR.
Hoss, funny you should ask that question!

I worked out for most of my adult life when I'm not injured from working out! Seriously! But I'm counting Motocross riding and Mountain Bike riding as a work out when I say that

I ride my Mountain Bike 2x a week, once for 16.5 miles around San Diego Bay (easy flat ride, with plenty of eye candy including the Ocean.... and once for 13 miles on a dirt trail. Sometimes I through another ride in on a weekend. I also lift weights, full body workout 2x a week doing Squats, Deadlifts, Pullups, Bench Press, Incline Press, Curls, Dips, Bent Over Rows, and situps holding a 25lb weight on my chest. I also play golf 1 or 2 times per week, and I always walk (when it is allowed) and carry my clubs rather than use a pull cart.

So yes, I guess I do exercise a bit

What do you do?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by jj3500
Very much into the fitness routine. I have competed in east coast body building and powerlifting contest. I am on a scheduled diet and lift four times a week. My personal best in lifting, deadlift, was 525 pounds. You may think its not that much but I weighed in at 167 pounds that day. Power to weight ratio. I maintain my bodyfat in the single digits all year round. Alright, did I put you guys to sleep?

Wow, that impress me a bunch! Nice job JJ3500, I can barely dead lift 2x my weight, 3x is INCREDIBLE!!! Of course, I do weight in over 200lbs...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I started working out regularly about 2½ years ago. 3 years ago I didn't work out at all, and had a poor diet. I weighed about 188 then and had the early development of a flabby chest. I am in my early 20's and wasn't in the best health then.

I now jog (cardio) 2-3 times weekly, and within the past year have encompassed weight lifting also. My endurance, stamina, and power (strength) have all increased very nicely.

Also, something I did, which helped tremendously was change my diet. Quick overview of that : I no longer eat any fast food, I no longer drink sodas, fried anything has been really cut back. I eat a lot more fresh veggies and fruits, much healthier snacks, watch my portions (serving size), and read the nutrition labels on things. It takes conscious effort to do this and watch what I eat but it is worth it.

Because of my efforts, I weigh ~155 lbs, my cholesterol is fantastic, my blood pressure is perfect, and I took 3 inches off of my waist. On top of that I feel great, and have lots of energy.

Good diet and exercise is probably the best thing I have ever done for myself.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 AM

I am picking up my electric assist Schwin I Zip bike today!
I am going to bomb it.
I should get lots of exercise on this thing.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
I was reccomended to take Omega 3 Fish Oil pills. I was reading into them a little and although it's not like creatine they do seem to have some beneficial attributes.

Anyone here take/have used them?
I take one every day.

MikeyB

Quick Reply: Exercise??