Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Exercise??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exercise??

Just curious about how many of you exercise on a regular basis and what you do. I've been very interested and involved in physical fitness lately so I'm curious of you diesel heads actually DO anything or just sit around and read DTR.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get plenty of excercise dodging work and ducking responsibility!

I get most of my excercise just doing chores and workign the horses...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

I actually walk about 3 miles every day (can't run anymore, my knees won't take it). When I am at home I walk around our neighborhood which is pretty big and I have mapped out about a 3 mile trek. It also lets me get to know the people in our neighborhood.

When I am at work.... Well we generally get some exercise but it is usually a little hotter.

Britt

Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Walking up the stairs to my job every morning and lifting the remote in the evenings.

Question:

What will tire you out the easiest?

a) climbing a flight of stairs
b) thinking about climbing a flight of stairs
c) saying the word "stairs"
Old 05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

Take the stairs at work a few times a day (5 floors kinda like running bleachers).. Work out 3 days a week and try to run one day..

Try to watch my diet.. Might start doing serious cardio in the AM here soon and get more serious with my diet.

25y/o I weigh 190 or so and 6'. Feel good but want to feel better.

It's easy to get into better shape and fun, I highly advise it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 AM

Very much into the fitness routine. I have competed in east coast body building and powerlifting contest. I am on a scheduled diet and lift four times a week. My personal best in lifting, deadlift, was 525 pounds. You may think its not that much but I weighed in at 167 pounds that day. Power to weight ratio. I maintain my bodyfat in the single digits all year round. Alright, did I put you guys to sleep?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 AM

I work out regularly. tues, weds,thurs,fri,sund. 2.5-3 hrs each day. Im trying to do more but its just time. These are my planned workouts. I ussually use a crosscountry ski machine. Easy on the joints and burns 2-3x the calories of riding or biking. I do 1 hr on the skier with a 5 minute cool down. I go about 6 miles in an hour, and use 1300 calories according to the display. At that level my HR is ussually 158-165. I drink water at 20 minutes, and 40 minutes, then cool down. I then take a short break , refill my water then walk on the treadmill for about 1 minute then run a 5k ( 3 miles) in about 25 minutes. Real life I do a 5 k in about 22. I then do a few weights, ussually abdominal based, or arms /shoulders. I rode bikes for years and dont really ever do leg work, they are still in good shape. I then swim. I do about 200 yrds, then sauna for a couple minutes and Im done. Before a run (race) I run more, but try to take it easy on my joints, knees, ankles. When I run more in prep I ice my knees, after each workout. Then take a day or two off before a race. (depends on the distance) . Im gonna do a thiathalon pretty soon, but I have trouble with the swim. I can swim pretty good on my back (distance) but its difficult to do in a crowd. Freestyle is hard for the distance for me, but its getting better.

If you run, get good shoes.
I ve been doing this for awhile now, my hr is in the 50's at rest, and physically the best shape of my life by along shot at 35 yrs old.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

I haven't been very dedicated to the gym lately but I normally go 4 times a week. I do weight lifting strictly, I have metabolism that is through the roof normally so if I do any bit of cardio I can waive goodbye to any strength and size gains I may see from my heavy lifting. My body fat is generally in the 8% range and has gotten to the highest of 10% once. When I was a senior in HS I wieghed 175ish and was 4% BF with a bench press max of 305, I would have thrown up 325 a few weeks later but I hurt my shoulder. Right before Xmas I wieghed 180 and could do 275 on bench for an easy set of 5 reps and was about 8% BF...
Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

wheres Scotty ????????
Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I started to get fit Feb 1 of this year. I let my self get a bit fat. So I went out and bought an elliptical trainer. Best workout I have ever had, and I have had no injury. I was working out 2x per day for a total of 1 hour 7 days a week. In eight and a half weeks I lost 40 lbs. I have cut back to just 30 minutes a day 7 days a week.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Lift at the gym 3-4 days a week. my cardio is spent huntin, fishin, hiking, wakeboardin, etc
Old 05-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I go running twice a week. Working my way up to 10 miles per run....currently at 4 though..
Old 05-22-2007, 11:12 AM

I just started going to the gym on a regular basis last month. I try and go 3-4 times a week. My main goal is to loose about 15-20lbs and put on alot more muscle. Im 215 now and would like to be in the 190 range.

I actually have an appointment to see a physical trainer today at 5:00, I don't know what good it will do me but I will find out soon.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:16 AM

I am a personal trainer and the best advice I can give is move your body. Find something that is enjoyable, walking/running, swimming, cycling and just make it part of your normal day. Let nothing stand in your way making time for yourselves to exercise. Next step is diet, think of your metabolism as a fire your want it to burn hot and quick. What I mean is that if you throw a big wet log on a fire it will not burn well, relating that to your diet would be double cheesburger, large fry and a coke. I am not picking on anybody, just trying to change habits. Everybody has heard eat less food more often, but have you tried it? It will work. 70% of what happens to your body, happens outside of the gym. The rest is in you and your diets hands. I have a four year degree and national certifications. If any body wants more information or questions answered PM me. THANKS

Quick Reply: Exercise??