Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ever Sell On Consignment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever Sell On Consignment?

i was just wondering basically how it works?

i have an idea of selling my harley so i can get a tranny under my truck. a BUILT tranny!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Lightbulb

depends on the dealer. Some are good and some try to scam you. I havent ever done it but I have inquired within the past year when I sold a dodge dakota. They told me that I tell them the asking price and then the dealer adds on to that the dealer markup of $575. If somebody bought it for asking price, Id get my 10.5 and the dealer would get their 575. You can give them a minimum amount that you will accept for the vehicle. The scam sometimes comes in when X Dealer calls and says yeah man we can sell it for 9500 for ya. Ok you say and take your 9500 when actually the dealer just sold it for 10,000 plus his markup. So instead of him getting 575 he just made 1075. Always demand to see the original paperwork of the bill of sale of declaration page showing what the buyer REALLY paid before taking and signing for your check
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 PM

^^^Good point made above^^^^
Behold, the honesty of th average dealer. Absolutely demand to see a SIGNED by the CUSTOMER byer's order. Elsewise, they could be taking yo uto the cleaners. Dealers make enough off of their customers, no need to make a profit on the supplier as well.

We do this from time to time...

Basically, you give dealer your (in this case) bike. Tell them what you want for it. They sell it for more than that, but can offer warranty extensions, guarantees, financing, etc. IF they sell it, then you get your check. Further questions, post up. We deal with cars, but how different can bikes be???
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM

awesome guys, thanks for the info. i may have to inquire about this tomorrow.