Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Ever forget to unplug your truck!
I've never done it. I'm smarter than that.
58.18%
I've done it once and learned from my mistake.
25.45%
I've done it a few times ... I'm always in a hurry.
16.36%
I do it all the time like a knucklehead.
0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Ever forget to unplug your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of the " I've never done it, I'm smarter then that." here in southern Arizona. We are have a cold spell this week, dropped all the way to 52*F
Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

I've done it once......but the only reason I did it was because I had no clue the truck was plugged in!!!

I got to work one morning and jumped in my old work truck.......and some nice person ( MY DAD ) decided to plug it in for me the night before after I had dropped it off. He just kinda forgot to mention it to me before I left the next morning.......oh well didn't do any damage!!

~Nick
Old 11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Muted User

How bout the "whats pluggin in your truck?" poll offering? Only time I have ever plugged in my truck was to charge the battery
Old 11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

OHHHH how about an option for "Who's tripped over the cord that plugs your truck in?" I came walking around the front of my truck one day carrying a huge box and got my foot snagged by the cord and ate concrete in the driveway!! I felt like such a retard.

~Nick
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned

I knew I should have started a poll with 50 choices.....
Old 11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Muted User

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
OHHHH how about an option for "Who's tripped over the cord that plugs your truck in?"

~Nick
I am sure if I lived in an area where I had to plug in, I would most definatly trip over the cord. Not that I am careless like that, just I would forget, or be drinkin and stumbling around outside, or something along those lines

-Jeremy
Old 11-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

OHHHH how about an option for "Who's tripped over the cord that plugs your truck in?" I came walking around the front of my truck one day carrying a huge box and got my foot snagged by the cord and ate concrete in the driveway!! I felt like such a retard.

~Nick
We belong in the mental hospoital together I suppose. At Thanksgiving, my father gave me piece of oak lumber that is around 4" x 8" and 8 foot long. I chunked it in my truck bed to bring home and plane down and make them a fireplace mantel out of it. Later that day, we went to leave and while saying goodbye and waving I ran square into it! DORK! It knocked my ball cap off and took me all the way to the ground. I thought a Petebuilt came around the corner and hit me. That ball cap kept MOST of the line across my forehead from bleeding. Your comments reminded me of this.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
We belong in the mental hospoital together I suppose. At Thanksgiving, my father gave me piece of oak lumber that is around 4" x 8" and 8 foot long. I chunked it in my truck bed to bring home and plane down and make them a fireplace mantel out of it. Later that day, we went to leave and while saying goodbye and waving I ran square into it! DORK! It knocked my ball cap off and took me all the way to the ground. I thought a Petebuilt came around the corner and hit me. That ball cap kept MOST of the line across my forehead from bleeding. Your comments reminded me of this.
Man we'd fit right in at the funny farm huh?? That stupid stuff usually happens when people are watching too and makes you feel like a even bigger TARD!!

~Nick
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I lived in upstate NY and NEVER plugged one in?? Why??? The Dodge CTD has always started for me. My 1996 Work truck started up at 32* BELOW zero, and it was not plugged in.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Muted User

By all means, I do not mean to hijack the thread, but the stupidest thing I have ever done involving my truck was when I was around a LOT of people, a couple of them being good friends. I was hauling loads for a friend of raw building material, and I went to load a half sheet of 5/8" plywood, and BAM!!!!!!! goes through my rear window boy was I all at once!

Story ends when I get my new rear glass, and its nice and PRE tinted

No stupid mistakes since then though

-Jeremy
Old 11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Man we'd fit right in at the funny farm huh?? That stupid stuff usually happens when people are watching too and makes you feel like a even bigger TARD!!

~Nick
I didn't have a chance to feel like anything...just a big "see ya"....THUMP.....and I dissapeared becuase my parents were over by the passenger door. My mom 'bout had a heartattach! Mom cried, my wife laughed, and my father just said, "son, you need to be more careful". Fathers never change do they?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I lived in upstate NY and NEVER plugged one in?? Why??? The Dodge CTD has always started for me. My 1996 Work truck started up at 32* BELOW zero, and it was not plugged in.
Because plugging them in is A LOT easier on your motor. Cold starts like that aren't the best for them.

~Nick
Old 11-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Because plugging them in is A LOT easier on your motor. Cold starts like that aren't the best for them.

~Nick
It warms up in one mile instead of six, doesn't drag the battery down, and doesn't smoke white. Don't get me wrong, it will start without it, it is just a lot better for the engine in my opinion. Plug away!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
I didn't have a chance to feel like anything...just a big "see ya"....THUMP.....and I dissapeared becuase my parents were over by the passenger door. My mom 'bout had a heartattach! Mom cried, my wife laughed, and my father just said, "son, you need to be more careful". Fathers never change do they?

Nope they sure don't change! I was taking some stuff outta the bed of my truck one day and just as I was getting ready to get out my foot slipped on my tailgate and I did a super pretzel swan dive onto the ground. My dad was standing there ( of course laughing his butt off ) says man you need to slow down and be more careful.............well right after he says that he turns around and trips over a rock and lands on his head I about whizzed myself laughing " WHO'S THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL NOW"???

~Nick
Old 11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never been able to get the front of my truck close enough to an outlet to get that short little plug to reach, so forgetting to unplug isn't a problem for me. You'd think they'd put a longer cord on there.

Quick Reply: Ever forget to unplug your truck?