Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The enemy within

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The enemy within

Man, I ve had it up to my eyeballs with flag burning so called Americans. TV last night shows a story in Santa Barbara where a theatre has a large American flag on the building. Well as usual these days it offends someone and they want it gone. So the city council goes to work to decide its fate and in the meanwhile some puke douses it with red paint. Why dont these kinda people just pack it up and hit the road, your not wanted here. If your gonna hate the US, then leave. Take your whinning little *****edit with you.
Nothin burnes me more than all this crap about our Pledge Of Alligance and our Flag being politically incorrect. Its correct NOW, leave it alone.support it or go away. I may not agree with everything in our times, but if you dont have faith in God and your own people whats left?? Hum, guess that would be a liberal.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you,but it has nothing to do with being liberal,are you saying that if a man serves his country but calls himself a democrat he hates america??
Old 06-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

...and how about this one? Many people in a rush of patriotic spirit adorn their cars with flags attached to the windows. And they drive and drive and drive untill the flag is shreded, dirty, a really sad sight. They change tires but not the flag. Is that any way to display old glory? I have flag stickers on my truck but when they fade I remove them and replace them with fresh ones. An other thing is people flying flags on their homes but leaving it out in bad weather, leting it get dirty etc. It is not that hard, but flag etiquete should be learned before a flag is displayed or flown.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by MCMLV
I have flag stickers on my truck but when they fade I remove them
Same here. When the red starts to turn pink, it's time to replace it...
Old 06-22-2004, 10:58 PM

Originally posted by Dave65
I agree with you,but it has nothing to do with being liberal,are you saying that if a man serves his country but calls himself a democrat he hates america??
I read his post several times, and I'll be danged if I can see the word democrat in there anywhere...

Obvious
Old 06-22-2004, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by jfpointer
I read his post several times, and I'll be danged if I can see the word democrat in there anywhere...

Obvious
Lets not be silly, we all know what point of view the majority on this site taking.including the original poster. I am a registered Republican, but that doesn`t meen i am exclusive to one party, and you guys can praise the current addministration all you want, but here is a news flash, dont bank on a second term.

That being said, I TOTALLY agree with the original post. We were setting a building(I`m an Ironworker) and as a tradition we send the last piece of iron up with a flag on it, we call it "Topping out". Anyway, we were doing this building, and the owner says to us" Please dont put that flag up, we dont want to offend anyone" My imediate thought was " You just offended me" and up went the flag!!

Love it or leave it!!
Old 06-23-2004, 04:28 AM

Obvious
your right,not one word saying democrat,the the two go hand in hand around here
Old 06-23-2004, 06:20 AM

Originally posted by dodgedude361
Lets not be silly
Why not? I needed a chance to use that cool troll picture...
Old 06-23-2004, 01:29 PM

Why not? I needed a chance to use that cool troll picture...
Old 06-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dodgedude361
I am a registered Republican, but that doesn`t meen i am exclusive to one party, and you guys can praise the current addministration all you want, but here is a news flash, dont bank on a second term.
I AM banking on a second term!!! The alternative scares me to death!!

Vote for Bush!!! This country needs leaders like him!!!

Now....I agree 100% with the original post.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:12 PM

I AM banking on a second term!!!
We shall see, i know you southern boys are in love with this guy, but the election takes place in ALL 50 states. As I`m sure you remember, he LOST the popular vote last time, and with all the bad press, and the movie "Farenheight 9/11(sp)" comming out now, we shall see. the best thing going for him is the fact that ralph Nader is still gonna run.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Not that I am up much on American politics, but didn't bush get in through some squeaker of an election where they counted and re-counted the ballots in Florida??
Old 06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Just a reminder before this thread goes off into "lock-land"

Other :
Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars, Politics and Religion are also not appropriate here. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:07 PM

That's right...ya know, in other countries, like Saudi Arabia, it's a crime to desecrate the flag. People want to adorn their license plates and covers w/ their own personal messages to "mark" their possessions, but they don't want to display the symbol of the country they LIVE in! Since when is a flag offensive? I mean, if somebody is THAT turned off by it they can desecrate it in their own minds by ignoring it or thinking of it as just another billboard (sad as that might be). We've got people who will ignore that a woman is being raped in the alley, but as soon as they see our American flag they'll do everything in their power to see that it goes away! I tell ya what...I think I'm gonna write to my congressman to get a new piece of legislation started: SB 365 Shut Up or Leave.

If people are offended by the flag and want it taken down then that's offending ME! So tell me, if something is offending me can I talk to my assembly members to have the offending action repealed because that which is offensive is actually somebody's opinion???? People think with their feelings way too much these days and think they can enact laws to make them feel good.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:11 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Over here there's a flag code that defines the ways our flag is to be shown and when it's not to be shown. (Example, a night club must not display the flag). For flags of other nations there are also definite rules. I don't feel offended by my flag being shown in an appropriate manner. I am also not offended by flads of other countries on display for a reason- like embassies, cultural clubs of different countries, visiting delegations and sports events.
I do dislike the abuse of each and every flag. I'm getting quite mad at Harley riders (and even madder to alomst rabid state at japanese chopper riders) flying the american flag who don't know more than two or three words in english (a majority of those words being expletives).
I feel that flying a flag is a strong declaration of allegiance to this country. IMHO it means that you'd go and fight in their military if necessary.
Hence I would not show the american flag. Due to the government we have now I don't show our flag. (sadly, but in a democracy you can't always have the government you prefer)
I respect other people's opinions as to respect their right to flow a flag. (whatever flag it may be) but in some cases I feel it's inappropriate. (Sometimes I'll then exert my right to declare my opinions freely)
I do wonder about the issues the US society has with it's flag. It seems to me that there ias a strong polarisation- the ones who will vote for banning coffee cups that don't show a flag and the others who want to declare the US a flag free zone ( I know I'm exaggerating )
I'd be interested in hearing the causes for this- over here there is not anyway near as much fuzz about flags...

AlpineRAM

Standard disclaimer: I don't mean offending anybody regardless of belief, race, sex, age, nationality, etc etc, no animals were harmed during the production of this posting, in case of allergic reactions to this post contact your physician immediately

Quick Reply: The enemy within