Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Eat A Salad, Tubby! Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
Hoss isn't know for his manners, that is for sure.
Oh don't worry I know all about Hoss, I've been a member almost as long as he has, I've seen all of his shenanigans(sp).
Old 09-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned

I got her tore down now. I'll get the mig welder out after it tonight when I get home. Just like the one I'm sitting in now, beads all over it. We don't believe in buying new chairs around here. It is what ever you can find that you like at midnight when no one is around. A sort of "midnight salvage" so to speak.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by haloman
Thanks Hoss, real nice
As someone who HAS broken a chair I'm allowed to say things like that.

So we're dining with friends at their house. The chairs don't seem all that sturdy so I sit down nice and easy (I'm 6'1" and "all muscle" ). Everything is going JUST fine and then all of the sudden I'm sitting on the floor with half of a chair on one side of me and half on the other side...fork still in hand. Yep...that's right...the seat of that bad boy split right in two...right down the middle. Talk about embarrassing...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Chapter President

I got her tore down now. I'll get the mig welder out after it tonight when I get home. Just like the one I'm sitting in now, beads all over it. We don't believe in buying new chairs around here. It is what ever you can find that you like at midnight when no one is around. A sort of "midnight salvage" so to speak.
You could always enginneer it to the standards of the beefy front bumper on your truck. But I assume your are going to do that already
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM

Hoss isn't known for his manners, that is for sure. And don't expect an appology from him either.
I am very well mannered, thank you. When I pass gas I almost always say "excuse me"...unless of course there's someone else in the room I can blame it on.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Hoss
As someone who HAS broken a chair I'm allowed to say things like that.

So we're dining with friends at their house. The chairs don't seem all that sturdy so I sit down nice and easy (I'm 6'1" and "all muscle" ). Everything is going JUST fine and then all of the sudden I'm sitting on the floor with half of a chair on one side of me and half on the other side...fork still in hand. Yep...that's right...the seat of that bad boy split right in two...right down the middle. Talk about embarrassing...
Oh I know it was in jest... I have broke one of those little plastic chairs with metal legs, just split right out. It was funny
Old 09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Banned

You could always enginneer it to the standards of the beefy front bumper on your truck. But I assume your are going to do that already
By God, you might not want to X-ray my welds, but they won't break! Rest assured, I'll be leanin' way back in her tomorrow with no worries....cheap, Japanese built, pot metal, no strength having pieces of crap!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hoss
I am very well mannered, thank you. When I pass gas I almost always say "excuse me"...unless of course there's someone else in the room I can blame it on.
I know......you are just always the first one to pop off.......the first to fart in a room of nuns so to speak.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM

I know......you are just always the first one to pop off.......the first to fart in a room of nuns so to speak.
There's a reason I used to be called the "thorn in the side of DTR". In fact, I believe it was BigBlue who gave me that title...back before he loved me and all.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:48 PM

Luckily, his neck broke his fall!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't feel bad. I'm only 130 soaking wet and I broke a chair recently at work. I was on the phone and leaned back and ended up looking at the ceiling. The best part is I acted like nothing happened, kept talking on the phone and then crossed my legs. Everyone in the office was dieing from laughter. You'da have to been there.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Banned

Dang Jory that chair ain't a recliner!!!!

Man I was sitting in my office one day and leaned over to grab something off the floor and leaned a little to far and my chair shot out from under me like a rocket and put a whole in the drywall!!! Funniest thing ever!!!

~Nick
Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM

Oh people aren't afraid of me.. I am just your friendly computer guy/geek/diesel head . Most of my family is pretty big/tall anyways, noone seems to believe me when I tell them how much I weigh but oh well.
Must be something about computer guys

I get the same "You weigh WHAT??," but I'm just a measly 280lbs. RJohnson still can't believe I weigh what he does, and he's a foot taller

I'm not overweight, just undertall...or something
Chris
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 PM

Oooyyy, I bet the rest of the day wasnt so good....

Would make for a long day sittin on that stump.....J.B., Please tell me you had a replacement chair in the office...
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Banned

Hoss, I mighta said many a things to you, but LOVE is definately one thing I have not said to ya. Sorry bud.

Quick Reply: Eat A Salad, Tubby! Ouch!