Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

easy way to save on fuel is to crash your truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man, that's a bummer!!! and that's a tough story to tell on how it happened! LOL!

my recent one was me being stupid, but the story is a little more exciting than hitting a pole in a parking lot. I commend you for telling it!

Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I watch wind blow...

truck wrecks are TERRIBLE... anyone have any pics of ranchhand/ aftermarket bumpers and the damage they cause??

not to hijack or anything
Old 07-07-2008, 01:21 PM

so gary those r the pics but what's the story lol
Old 07-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

driving a little too agressively through a curve on a wet road, tail started wagging, and then stopped when I was pointed the wrong direction! LOL!

I thought I was doing good when I missed that culvert, but when the tree grabbed the right rear wheel and I ended up pivoting on that telephone pole, I knew it was bad :redface:

I did make out like a bandit on the insurance settlement though
Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 PM

You Texans sure are hard on equipment. Hey Gary Emerald, wanna sell them tow mirrors?? Would look good on my 99.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 AM

Not sure what happened with mine, but the front end locked up, dropped, and the truck slid into a guard rail.

Will have pics tomorrow, but from what i can tell the front axle and all suspension is broken beyond heck, slid back and took out the oil pan too. Both tires are pointing out like a dune runner.

The front tire hit the guardrail and got pushed back into the body so now the drivers door dont open.... Only hit the guardrail probably at about 10mph, i barely felt it..

Luck is not on my side at all lately!

I get to pick which dealership for insurance to take it to... Im thinking Earnhardts on Baseline Rd... anyone contest from bad experiences there?

I was able to take some of the scene today. Can defintely tell when the axle twisted! Quite irradict tire tracks. Going to the shop in a couple mins to get pics of the truck.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 PM

Heres some pics.... Insurance guy thinks they may total due to age and miles.. Would need pretty much everything suspension/front end new, new front wheels and tires, some minor body work (wheel stuck in fender on drivers side, door wouldnt open), im sure the steering is shot, and some frame mounts are twisted.

So, needless to say, not too happy. Unfortunately I do not owe it clean and free, and feel that I probably owe more than they will give me... wonderful!!

Heres a few more:
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...roken%20Truck/
Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dude, what the heck happened? Front end just took a crap on you? Makes me want to ride a bicycle...
Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM

Best I can tell is where the pass side axle/joint is all grinded that it locked up there? Im not really sure. Just picking up speed and it nose dove in a skid and bumped the rail.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay2

I get to pick which dealership for insurance to take it to... Im thinking Earnhardts on Baseline Rd... anyone contest from bad experiences there?
I have never dealt with Earnhardts so I can't say anything bad about them but I would recommend Chapman Dodge in Scottsdale. I live in Surprise and drive the 40 miles to go there everytime I have to take the truck in. they are good people!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BigRedMegaCab
actually there is a guy from another site that makes front bumpers for 2nd gen rams and wants to start making them for 3rd gen rams

so i am gonna have my body shop delete the front bumper items off my truck and install one of these

i will drop my truck off when the body shop is done and will get it back in 1-2 weeks as he has to do all the 3rd gen measurements and make the bumper for the first time

here are pics of the bumper he is making me and he makes and ships all over for a really good price and he can paint/powder coat or even have it line x

here is his truck

and one he just finished for another guy

he even makes headache racks and running/step boards and i assume will start rear bumpers before long also

that bumper is crude, if i had one of those i would throw it on my junk trailer on the way to the scrap metal yard
Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Amprice4
I have never dealt with Earnhardts so I can't say anything bad about them but I would recommend Chapman Dodge in Scottsdale. I live in Surprise and drive the 40 miles to go there everytime I have to take the truck in. they are good people!
We ended up taking it to Bill Luke in Phoenix...
Old 07-17-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Emerald
It looks like you have the rare 'rear steer' option. That would be nice backing trailers.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by johnh
that bumper is crude, if i had one of those i would throw it on my junk trailer on the way to the scrap metal yard
i decided to go with a different bumper for various reasons but speaking of crude that statement was harsh and pretty rude to boot

man u should practice the if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all approach
Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 AM

here is the bumper i want to go with i they ever get the pricing arranged as it is the first one they built for this year

Quick Reply: easy way to save on fuel is to crash your truck