Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Friday folks, I am happy to put that week to rest. Lary, thoughts for a speedy recovery sent from shadows of the Canadian Rockies. Now it is time to spend some time with DW and enjoy the weekend.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Scotty--Thanks Man! Just as I was leaving work I hear a strange sounding plane. Look up and see it's a Canadian Canberra! I know it was you that sent it!

Some neat planes in the lineup. Too bad the FAA cut the Show box down due to bridge construction. On our ramp, F-16's (Thunderbirds), C-17, C-130J, C-130H, 2 AV8B's, F-86, T-33, P-51, couple UH-60's. The civilian crowd is mostly parking at adjacent fields. I get to sit in the BDOC as overwatch. No air show for me except on the television. However, that means no sunburn and the bathroom is right down the hall! I'll take that as a win!
Did you like my wave?
Sounds like a great setup.
The CF 100 over the 57 for looks for me.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:11 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topper thoughts and Prayers for all involved and affected. in ScottyLEGGS case, a lil more affected than most! (wink)

Sherod, eek. we did plan scenarios with less....try to move slowly this weekend- spread the calm. trying to find my Tbird flight pics over Niagara Falls for ya. I may have deleted them. one was upside down looking at another pilot . I was still vibrating a week later.

JM, Stan, I may toss up a phone pic but no bearing existed. hence the reason to rip it apart. I am also dealing with inlaws. father/brother kings of the realm. I questioned the replacement set of race. I was INFORMED that
the race is part of the 1500 dollar gear. hence me calling the only one that truly knows what he is talking apart, chaikwa scott maker. me just being frustrated while trying to get the mechanical stuff fixed. not into drama, just plan B. I am very appreciative of chaikwa's time and knowledge, I should send him a pic of Canuckscotty's LEGGGS!!!! Fiverspeedo pic may cause undo palpitations.....

closed down nice clear site, stacked and sorted big beams. safe haul out and
happy to pay 80 bucks for all. did PT this morning too.

I might just go fishing for rainbow trout tomorrow. I haven't taken a day 'off' for myself in many years. I thank DTR member Don for teaching me how to tie flies and the absolute peace of fly fishing.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Topper thoughts and Prayers for all involved and affected. in ScottyLEGGS case, a lil more affected than most! (wink)

Sherod, eek. we did plan scenarios with less....try to move slowly this weekend- spread the calm. trying to find my Tbird flight pics over Niagara Falls for ya. I may have deleted them. one was upside down looking at another pilot . I was still vibrating a week later.

JM, Stan, I may toss up a phone pic but no bearing existed. hence the reason to rip it apart. I am also dealing with inlaws. father/brother kings of the realm. I questioned the replacement set of race. I was INFORMED that
the race is part of the 1500 dollar gear. hence me calling the only one that truly knows what he is talking apart, chaikwa scott maker. me just being frustrated while trying to get the mechanical stuff fixed. not into drama, just plan B. I am very appreciative of chaikwa's time and knowledge, I should send him a pic of Canuckscotty's LEGGGS!!!! Fiverspeedo pic may cause undo palpitations.....

closed down nice clear site, stacked and sorted big beams. safe haul out and
happy to pay 80 bucks for all. did PT this morning too.

I might just go fishing for rainbow trout tomorrow. I haven't taken a day 'off' for myself in many years. I thank DTR member Don for teaching me how to tie flies and the absolute peace of fly fishing.
Fishing...yes.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:23 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Fishing...yes.
Fishing....yes. Peace.....I don't know. Just got done uncovering the bass boat and firing up the '88 150 HP XR/4 to watch the pressure gauge line pee on the floor.....just like it does every spring. Motor's good. Smokey and no alarms, which is normal for first start. Gotta service the batteries, throw in the tackle, and we're good to go.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Morning folk. Coffee and ph00 is ready for the early birds. Have an assortment of fresh baked Mexican bread with both red and green salsa for your enjoyment. There are two reds; the dark red one is pretty hot, so be warned!

Back to sanding wood around the windows on my house today.

For you flying types, here is a video that may interest you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ol2...ature=youtu.be

Remember to keep Lary in your prayers. May he have a speedy and total recovery.

Many years ago I knew a guy that went to jail for a while. He had an interesting story. Check out Ernie Hollands. While in jail he learned to tie flies and wrote a book called "Time flies tying flies".
Old 04-18-2015, 07:52 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhhhh breakfast Norte! hot chocolate, banana, strawberry fiber bar on the deck in the sun. 37 degrees and I am in shorts and T shirt.

waiting for more DTR members to post!!!

want to try that bread! say HI to your lovely better better half Stan!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Greetings from up here eh.
Sifting through taxes has me going back 4 yrs after discovering an error in my favor.

Yum salsa banana bread.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the

Refer crapped out last night. Pulled all the food out of it and shut it down. Woke up to a lake under it this morning. Looks like my first job is to troubleshoot a defrost timer or heater problem.

Gotta go get this year's fishing license. Maybe go crappie fishing this evening.

DW's been outfitting the camper for summer fun. Somehow last summer we burned about a half a tank of boat gas. At 9 gph, (3 engine running hours per tank) that's inexcusable. The camper didn't roll till late August. That also is inexcusable. Gonna be different this summer some how some way. I've got to get after it's brakes, shoot a primary electrical fault out of it, and fix the entrance door.

For you campers, I put a Boondocker charger in the camper 2 years ago. What a pleasure to see every cell in the battery system peg the hydrometer in the spring. Going to get a 24v version for the trolling batteries in the boat. It's not specifically designed for marine use, but I'm going to put it in anyway.

Prayers for Larry.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Late good morning to all. Been up since 5:30 feeding twins, NO, I DIDN'T CHANGE DIAPERS - - - THAT IS A PINK CHORE. LOL. Working outside and inside - - houseful coming this afternoon to see the kids and son. Just stopping get my ph00...................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
37 degrees and I am in shorts and T shirt.
Heidi - - we know you are superwoman - - but that is ridiculous. It is 80 degrees here and I am in shorts. At 37 I am in longjohns, jeans, double socks, layered with sweatshirts, etc PLUS a warm coat and hoodee. Oh yeh, gloves - - - warm ones.

Originally Posted by j_martin
For you campers, I put a Boondocker charger in the camper 2 years ago. What a pleasure to see every cell in the battery system peg the hydrometer in the spring. Going to get a 24v version for the trolling batteries in the boat. It's not specifically designed for marine use, but I'm going to put it in anyway. Prayers for Larry.
I use a solar panel that fits inside my unit in the skylight opening. Course, it doesn't snow down here. ............

Gotta go pick up more toys - - don't want someone stepping on something and bust a pazarrus and sue me. Later.
Bobby
Old 04-18-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ol2...ature=youtu.be

43° overcast and windy. Rain today and tomorrow. Got the oil changed on the 01 and the tires changed on the wife's car. Got my pre-op moved up to Monday and hope I can get my surgery moved up as well. No sooner than I closed the last panel on the aircraft, the company sent it up north where I can't monitor it. If it breaks or needs adjustment, too bad.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been busy cleaning and moving and working. Think this is the first time since before Easter that I've had the computer on.

Got in the tractor Monday about 930 and stopped 3 times, to put the transport blocks in the machine, fuel, and then take them back out, got done about 130 AM. Took back over from the new guy about 930AM Tuesday, quit at 2AM. Must have barely got in the house before he went by again, as he was back in the tractor by 3, I took over again at noon. Should have been done with the stalk smasher about 1AM but a storm moved in a couple hours too early.

Sleep cycle is still all messed up from that.

I did find out I can turn a 300 hp tractor around and put it back on the next GPS line at 8.5 MPH, on a 36 foot swath. Watched the lightning coming in for a couple hours before it finally got here, slow moving storm. Got home and was closing the door on the chicken coop about the time the rain started. Boss wanted to know why I quit before the rain hit. I figured when the sky above me was lighting up from the lightning that was coming, that it was probably a good time to get the tractor- with about $15,000 worth of electronics in the cab- someplace a little bit sheltered.

I've now got 1.6 inches of rain this year here at the house.

Taking the new momma kitty and her 6 babies (her first litter, she's doing pretty good with them) to North Platte tomorrow and bringing back a couple birds for the lady who runs the humane society. She took the first (house-born) litter in at the pound, I stood around for a half hour petting them before I left. The one that ran clear over to the chicken coop and was trying to get through the chicken wire to check out the first three roosters I brought home fell asleep while I was holding him. I miss them little boogers.

Traded a few pounds of ground beef for some roosters. They lost their job and home because they killed their former owner's favorite hen. Told the new guy I don't care what he does with them once he moves in but I am hoping they eat some ticks.

I think I will like the smaller place better, but don't think I will like town. Have to get the Cummins fixed, don't know how long the amigo will last driving it 50 miles every day. And I don't want to have to feed it. Gets good mileage going to town but there's too much uphill on the way out.

Lots of closet space. Good thing. My die-cast tractors will fill all the shelf space in the walk-in closet.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:10 PM

Scattered the refer all over the kitchen and found a defrost thermostat that looked like a can of beer left in the ice fishing house. Local appliance shop going out of business had one for ten bucks. Now have to put it all back together.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Just got a text from my Elder Twin.
"Rough but Alive"
Old 04-18-2015, 07:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good news on TOP!

The highlight of today was having Col Halverson present. The original "candy bomber". Amazing gentleman!

NE-I would sure like to see your equipment. I've been away from farming and ranching for most of my adult life. Equipment sure has changed! Our big tractor of the time was a 4020. Heck even the 1020 was impressive (Still got that one).

Grandad didn't like my argument that a crooked row would hold more plants!!

Quick Reply: Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18