Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:41 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck TOP , we`ll have some donuts with sprinkles on them for ya when it`s over !

Old 04-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You da man Claude!

Bob me and the doc made up once he finally understood what I was saying...he was so busy talking he wasn't listening I simply didn't want to end up putting a pillow over my neighbors face if I get one like the last one I had. He is a good doc just not used to a straight shooter like me I say what I see becoming a problem so we can stop it before it is a problem...some pepl respect that others don't realize it is just brutal honesty, a form of respect as well. It just took me bringing him down a notch before he realized I wasn't just complaining to hear myself do it. So many people whine about nothing he no longer listens.

Can't blame him really but he came in here bout a hour ago and thanked me for reminding him that not all the problems are solved in the op room, some that seem insignificant in comparison are just as important to his patients. Great guy to take something positive from it....
Old 04-16-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You da man Claude!

Bob me and the doc made up once he finally understood what I was saying...he was so busy talking he wasn't listening I simply didn't want to end up putting a pillow over my neighbors face if I get one like the last one I had. He is a good doc just not used to a straight shooter like me I say what I see becoming a problem so we can stop it before it is a problem...some pepl respect that others don't realize it is just brutal honesty, a form of respect as well. It just took me bringing him down a notch before he realized I wasn't just complaining to hear myself do it. So many people whine about nothing he no longer listens.

Can't blame him really but he came in here bout a hour ago and thanked me for reminding him that not all the problems are solved in the op room, some that seem insignificant in comparison are just as important to his patients. Great guy to take something positive from it....
Whew Larry, you had me worried. Like Bobbybeenthere said, you want that guy to be very happy.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You da man Claude!

Just remind him that unlike many, you have a band from every place he could run to that would be VERY disappointed if he did not do his very best work on you.

And we don't forget.............. Just call us the DTR Mafia.......

Kind of like an offer he can't refuse.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay, standing down from the adjacent hallway......

Geesh, I was in shock reading his Topper, Ditto what FiverSuperman says.
also agree with the private room thingy when it is his level of recovery.

hey Claude!!!! JM!!!

visited in laws and out laws and found myself in a transmission of a large back hoe. had to send pics to the janitor to see his opinion. basically a 2 inch bearing is needed. company sent one inch bearing and parts guy says that is only parts number ever (1989 unit) and a one inch bearing fits.
that means he race is 1/2 inch away. bearing doesn't even ride anywhere near it.... WWJD. (what would janitor do?) I am trying to go to NAPA and physically get a 2 inch bearing/correct angle and shear. I'll bring donuts.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
One more day until the silliness peaks. Getting the opportunity to work 2 of my normal off days to support. One scary thing, somebody stole 200 lbs of dynamite along with undisclosed amounts of ANFO from a construction site. Kinda has us good guys on edge.

Top- Keep 'em straight. I do like the idea of DTR Mafia though. Maybe time to design a new decal!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:30 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

The DTR's. Don't mess with us.
Pillows are cool...and quiet...

Night Night

Prayers from this clan to yours TODS.

And a turkey sandwich. Wink Wink
Old 04-16-2015, 09:32 PM

JWBM There should be a number you can cross on the old bearing.

Sherod, would be fun to find them, pull them over, set them to walking, and pop off the whole works in the back of their pickumup.

I'm with you on the on edge bit. That's a quite a bit of bang in the wrong hands.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The entire surgical team will be on my side when I tell them I did NOT eat the dinner they sent to my room. It was boiled cabbage and brown bean soup I opted to go hungry rather than subject those poor unknowing souls to what might have awaited there smellers

Unfortunately they still have to look at my LEGGS!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:38 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
A very early good morning from Paradise. It's still o'dark 30 down here. Woke up too early, my mind started to work and could not get back to sleep. so got up. This is nuts!

Sherod, hope in spite of all the work for you that you can enjoy the show.

JWBM, have you finished throwing those 400+ pound beams around yet?
For that bearing, can't you just give the numbers from the inner and outer race to a bearing supply place and get the bearing from them? It will probably be cheaper than the dealer anyway.

I see CantSayNoBob is still whining about how busy he is.

Lary, still holding you up in prayer for a speedy and total recovery.

Hmmmm, the DTR mafia. That would need to be a turbocharged and diesel powered mafia. Ask Bob to lead it, because he can't say no. Otherwise the terrible twins, Scotty and Lary may be an alternative. Their LEGGS would scare anyone into submission.

Off to go do something.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Greeeeetings

I need to get my tude ramped up for the mob mode.

Hanyday fokes

Prayers for my Twin
Old 04-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ph00 and coffee are on. Come and enjoy the fun............................................you get to help keep the 2 year olds from tearing up my house and drowning in the pool.

Later,

Grandy
Old 04-17-2015, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Ph00 and coffee are on. Come and enjoy the fun............................................you get to help keep the 2 year olds from tearing up my house and drowning in the pool.

Later,

Grandy
Teach em to swim. If they trust you, should take all of 15 minutes.

Thanks for the
Old 04-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by j_martin
Teach em to swim. If they trust you, should take all of 15 minutes.

Thanks for the
I bet they learn faster then that with Grandy strutting in his yellow speedo.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Scotty--Thanks Man! Just as I was leaving work I hear a strange sounding plane. Look up and see it's a Canadian Canberra! I know it was you that sent it!

Some neat planes in the lineup. Too bad the FAA cut the Show box down due to bridge construction. On our ramp, F-16's (Thunderbirds), C-17, C-130J, C-130H, 2 AV8B's, F-86, T-33, P-51, couple UH-60's. The civilian crowd is mostly parking at adjacent fields. I get to sit in the BDOC as overwatch. No air show for me except on the television. However, that means no sunburn and the bathroom is right down the hall! I'll take that as a win!

Quick Reply: Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18