Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
One day closer to getting through the crazy season of "Thunder Over Louisville". I seriously wish they would either open the base to visitors or close it. This "vetting" of visitors is getting real old!

Cougar, maybe we could get together with a couple J-3s and do a fly-by. That ought to be enough, don't you think???

Top- Keep on the mend Brother!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:12 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
"about wearing underwear on our heads and levitating"

So that's why my cat does that.

Stuffing me in a J-3 is like stuffing a squid in a Coke bottle. Kinda tight, but eventually it all gets in there.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow, guess the J-3 idea is out. Just got a call from the FBO. Place I have been renting from is closing the doors, all the planes for sale. 2 152's, 2 172's, and a warrior. Guess I'll have to cruise around and see who rents what. I told DW I should have bought that plane a couple years ago. She reminded me that she offered, but I said to get herself a new car. That's what I get for being nice. Back to the normal me i guess!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:56 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Capitol: 1 Person Arrested After Small Helicopter Lands on West Lawn
Old 04-15-2015, 05:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good afternoon from a very warm Paradise. At least the humidity is only around 45%, but it still feels warm. That is NOT a complaint. Love it.

For some reason this is the first time today that I am able to get into DTR. Since early this morning I have kept on receiving time out messages.

JWBM, figured that you were being sarcastic and taking a poke at me with your reference to stone props. Hrmph!!!!!!

Cougar, Sherod etc, your mention of a flyby brought back memories of a few lifetimes ago when we held a local, small airshow at our towns tiny 1,500 foot single runway. Lots of fun and games that day, including spot landings, flour bag drops etc. The local CFI and I decided to show the crowd that when an engine fails on an airplane, that contrary to what is shown on TV, that the airplane does not nose over and head down to the ground. We briefed the announcer and he took off in Beech Baron and I flew a Cessna 310. We flew over the airfield in tight formation and he shutdown the outboard engine and I shut down the inboard engine as we flew maybe 16 - 20 feet off the runway. The announcer in the meantime was telling the crowd to look at the feathered engines and then wonder of wonders, we did not crash, but instead actually climbed out. We went around and repeated the flyby, but with the opposite engines shut down. The crowd appeared to like our little show. Nobody knew that both of us flew with minimum fuel and on the approach dived to maximum speed before shutting down the engines, so the actual flyby was pretty fast which helped with the climbout. OK, we cheated a bit, but the point was made.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
DTR Mom

(gyro lands on West Lawn..)
well, I see Top is headed to surgery....

Cougar, eek. 'nother day down the drain, guess you;ll have to change wife's tires. played with son's maine coon cat yesterday. cloth fish on a string went flying. need a brick to play with that heavyweight!

doing knocked over piles/pixie stick RR beams now, used grapple. forgot I need to install a reducer to slow speed. tossing 400+ pound beams is not for the feint of heart nor can the little back hoe handle that. mill boss drove his jeep (rough terrain) down and admired my lil tree tractor set up/my sorting piles/and square stacked old beams. loved the grapple a lil too much. CEO wants my 10 acre white pine grove (16 inch cants for log homes) . ahhhhh, no. didn't you just lose four men this season? on flat land? more than happy to pay for the RR beams, keep it simple. alrighty then.

visiting former Texas now NY sis in law tomorry. taking down fixed disabled lift chair to bro in law. on the motorcycle trailer. film at 11. you know madhat would ride in it.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Cougar, Sherod etc, your mention of a flyby brought back memories of a few lifetimes ago when we held a local, small airshow at our towns tiny 1,500 foot single runway. look at the feathered engines and then wonder of wonders, we did not crash, but instead actually climbed out. OK, we cheated a bit, but the point was made.
fly boys: the original "here, hold my beer and watch this..."

loco usted?

heyyyyy, what does I mean that Airshow has night events? Blue Angels here in Rochester NY... party at Fiver's ranch? look, a UFO? what do they do?
Attached Thumbnails Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18-sb2.jpg  
Old 04-15-2015, 06:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Loco usted indeed! Normal is sooooooo boring. Trust me, that was a tame stunt.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:19 AM

Morning sleepyheads. What a lazy bunch! Coffee and phoo i ready. Someone else can bring some munchies.

Anybody have any updated news about Lary?

Today I am going to start to scrape and sand all the wood window frames on my house - again!! Have tried various kinds of varnish, including the best quality spar varnish available, but the sun down here consistently peels it off within 3 years. Some kinds of varnish cam off in only one year.

Had the annual emissions check done on my truck yesterday. It passed.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - quick in for my ph00......................................thanks Stan.

Gone to meetings - - meetings - - - and more meetings. (Say NO, Bob)

TooBusyBob
Old 04-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
After a shouting match with my surgeon last night I am scheduled for Launch early am Friday...when he started stuttering I knew having a patient lay down stipulations was a new experience.. he also learned shouting at me only took things to a higher level. This is my life and my recovery I don't ask much but a private room is not negotible. I told him if he couldnt agree to make the order I had no qualms with walking to the Hospital Administrators office and getting it straight.

That made him angry and he told me he couldn't and he shouted that was a waste of time. I informed him in the same volume and tone that I have no problem pulling up stakes and heading to the Carolinas as I am certain there are heart clinics there that will be happy to meet my meager need.

Amazing how quickly I was assured it would not be an issue and he moved me up from Monday to first thing tomorrow morning.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Warm and raining this morning, rain off and on for the next week. We could use it.
Got the check flight done, only some minor tweeking required. Now for all the paperwork.
Normal is sooo over rated. Besides, it's fun tormenting psychiatrists and sociologist.
Glad to hear your gettin er done Top. I'm still in limbo. About to go shopping for another plumber.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Do what is right for you Cougar sometimes you have to remind them who is paying the bill
Old 04-16-2015, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Lary:

Glad to hear you "set them straight" buddy!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Sharon and I have you and Peggy in our thoughts and prayer Brother!

---------
John_P
Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
After a shouting match with my surgeon last night I am scheduled for Launch early am Friday. Amazing how quickly I was assured it would not be an issue and he moved me up from Monday to first thing tomorrow morning.
Hmmm -- best I remember, I wanted him VERY happy before I went under the knife. LOL

I will be thinking about you and sending a few up for you during the morning - - and afternoon. You should be released by supper time. YEH. ...........

Just remember what that "huggy" pillow is all about and don't let it get off your belly.

Quick Reply: Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18