Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:21 PM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Note: move uncle Lary up on list.
Stinkin airplanes! Finally got my first engine runs and leak check done late yesterday evening. This morning getting ready for the test flight a fuel pump quits. The one I don't have on the shelf.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:48 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Lovely day down here in Paradise. Managed to goof off for much of the day and not do any real work. Even had time to read for a short while.

Cougar, know the feeling all too well. It must be one of Mr. Murphy's rules. BTW, have changed many an aircraft engine by myself just using a tube crane and a hand winch. Largest / heaviest by myself was a P&W R1340.

Just spoke to my kid sister in Australia. That is a long, long distance call. Fortunately the local phone company has recently started world wide free phone calls. Love that.

Keep Lary in your prayers.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:40 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Top, thoughts and prayers friend.

Howdy howdy to yall and to yall a good night
Old 04-14-2015, 09:05 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Hey Shorts, good to see you. Are you still on your weekend or have you rejoined the "normal" folk? Are you going to bed tonight at about the time most regular folks go to bed?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:12 PM

Howdy Stan. Back in the work week and negative on the schedule. I don't think 'normal' will ever be used to describe it Lol. As it is, it feels very late in the week. That ain't right.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 PM

So is this your 'Monday'? What time do you start work today?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
TMI
new computer screen.

Top, replied to PM but could NOT get it to send. stuck in cyberspace and not liking it. trying again but message is the same: we love you; that is so beyond awesome to hear and (#1):heal, do what the good doc tells you.
we will hold down the front door of the fort.

mexstan, glad you got some "me" time! yes, my camel friends in Alice Springs and Tazmania are priceless but the phone time is not. we use the internet but it is spotty and the hours are confusing. I have to say Brits and Aussies have to be THE MOST hospitable folks across the board. I am humbled. Stan, you are a remarkable lad working with those stone propellers, lol. kid sis , wow.

just when I take the one ton and trailer for work with RR bridge beams, I get a call. third time in a row. but this one needed cash, no questions asked and an hour drive away. took the bike, spent some time doing 'normal activities' with the person. food, courage and back home at dark (it is 35 degrees on the bike ride). I don't have that much but sometimes you see someone who needs it more. spent some time just being human and that was okay.

Reminds you not to be an idiot.

jeesh, did the town girls kidnap NEscottyfarmer? hats off to CReynolds(Lord of the Plains), Fronty and my Traddy!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:51 PM

JWBM, 35 degrees and you are riding a bike. More power to you.

Stone props????? Hmmm. No reason for you to be humbled, but thanks anyway.

My sister has been living close to Darwin, but is in the process of moving way south to get away from the extreme northern heat and dust.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:17 PM

I'm the voice in the dark, Stan. If it's dark, I'm there

JWBM, thanks for the perspective on things. And good to get out with someone who needs some time.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 AM

Old 04-15-2015, 08:33 AM
DTR Mom

heheheh. (heh)

voice in the dark, I like that Shorty girl! shades of Lone Ranger, The Shadow Knows, ect.. (51 and Bush. We've got him at gunpoint....COPS)lol

Stan, stone props was a sarcastic way of saying you can fix/fly anything and you , er, um, might be , uh, been around! yeah, that's it. (heheh all in good humour)

Nedi mon, to Topper (all good health) in Seneca.

hope today goes surprisingly well for Cougar. just to make him wonder...

wandering out to play with large items but make it safe. will try to shoot some pics.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
REALLY old dog

Good morning fellow DTRotarions ,

Just a thought , if west coast drought is so serious , why not a simple retrofit of all homes & hotels to make use of grey water from bathes & showers .

from what i have read it is actually beneficial to plants and could help agricultural needs .
It certainly wouldn`t be cheap ,however it looks cheaper than other alternatives.

Just a thought from an old guy that don`t know much !
Old 04-15-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Surprise? how about shock. If it doesn't happen today, it won't happen for another week or longer. Pilot heading for AZ tonight and weather turning bad through mid next week.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning all - - gorgeous morning in Alligator country, but some clouds moving in for some showers later in afternoon. Kids are off on another adventure today to see sharks and other water creatures at Mote Marine. They had a ball at the beach yesterday and were blessed with some of our very tame dolphins swimming all around them, rolling, breaching, coming up and grinning at them - - the kids went craze - - so did mom not knowing what was going on - - daddy, he has seen all this and just enjoyed watching the reactions.

Put some coffee and ph00 on - - - too late for much else, but enjoy.

Off to catch up from bedlam in the house. Those twins are something else. How can four hands get into sooooo many closets, drawers and doors. Sure glad we kid proofed what was in them.

Bob
Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings eh.
Talked to Top yesterday. Heartfelt down to earth chat about wearing underwear on our heads and levitating.
Look up High and Pray for our friend. and the hospital staff.

I'm back working on trucks. Last night crawled out from under mine, leaned off creeper to my right side, pressed off the ground with right arm, shake shake, snakey when I realized what I was doing and it went well. Very pleased I could push off and up like that. Used left side next few times. Feels excellent today.

Yello 2 awl Mai pheelo and fellowette dtronians.

Quick Reply: Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18