Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early mornin fun

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Early mornin fun

Woke up @ 6 AM to a blood curdling yell from my 8 year old son to "come check out the big spider in the living room" LOL

Crawling across the floor was a huge black tarantula.. Surprised me to say the least. This was after the neighbors asked last night if we had seen the tarantulas out here. LOL.

So far in the last two weeks it has been a critter exploration time in our house. 3 scorpions in the kitchen, 1 tarantula in the living room and a mouse ran over the wifes leg in the spare bedroom.

LMAO

Don~
Old 09-11-2006, 10:48 AM

Boy, it sounds like you have a regular grab bag of critter right there. Enough to make your skin crawl.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we were down at a friends barn the other night, i have a beer in my left hand and a 22 pistol in my right. so my son starts jumping up and down on a pile of lumber and here come the rats. my son as a red rider, my buddie cliff has a red rider. i start popping rats from the rafters and they get a few also. well one come out on the ground right towards me and i am poping off a few rounds at him but i missed. then my buddies starts talking about how many rats i popped. i tell him i think i missed the last one. so i kick this board in the middle of the barn. out comes the rat and before i can get a bead on him he is crawling up my leg. well i really didn't want to shoot him off my leg. and for some reason i didn't want to drop the beer either. lucky for me my buddie slapped him off when he was half way up my thiegh. i sure was glad he did that.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Banned

If I had woken up at 6am to a big black tarantula on my bedroom floor you woulda heard a blood curtling scream from me as well. I hate spiders just as much as begle hates potato bugs if not more.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Don M

So far in the last two weeks it has been a critter exploration time in our house.
LMAO

Don~
Luckily, we've havent seen much in the house, but Id agree that the last few weeks has seen a boom in critters around our places as well.

Rich
Old 09-11-2006, 01:59 PM

So did you get it?!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM

Here too. Now that it's finally getting cooler out, especially at night, they want to be in where it's warm.....not gonna happen !!!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM

I'm glad that all we have here is mice & daddy long legs.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:11 PM

Gawd. I'm glad we don't have tarantulas around here. I'd be perched on a stool in the middle of the floor, with fly tape wrapped all around the legs, and a shotgun in my hands.

You can spray your foundation and borders with some good residual insecticide like Talstar or Demon that will kill spiders, also your crawl spaces and base boards in the house. Darn if I'd have tarantulas and scorpions coming in my house. I either dig me a moat or electrify my foundation.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

I don't mind tarantulas, until they die and rigor mortis and all their skin gets leeched off by the chlorine and I have to peel their carcasses out of the filter housing. (Better than the mammals or potototaa bugs that have the same thing happen, though. Or the snakes. )

Luckily we don't have scorpions, though. I've never seen any of those nasty critters in the wild.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by gunracer1
lucky for me my buddie slapped him off when he was half way up my thiegh. i sure was glad he did that.
No, you are lucky it didn't crawl up your leg INSIDE your pantleg! if it did, the only way to get it out is to grab its neck thru your pants and kill it then remove it (and your pants) otherwise you won't get it out W/O it biting/ clawing you.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DR3500
No, you are lucky it didn't crawl up your leg INSIDE your pantleg! if it did, the only way to get it out is to grab its neck thru your pants and kill it then remove it (and your pants) otherwise you won't get it out W/O it biting/ clawing you.
An acquaintance is a half-eunuch due to a similar incident with a wasp...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

I know that this sounds like I am making this up because it is too gross, but on the pink slip of my truck it is the truth.
Incident #1:
I was 3/3rds asleep when I felt this "thing" crawling on me. I slapped it and it flew off. In a foggy state of mind I thought that was too big for a moth, so I got up, on came the light and there crawling across the floor was a POTATO BUG. we were so freaked out, no way did we sleep anymore that night.
Incident #2, a few days later:
I was reading a book to my kid, on my back, on the floor. The phone rings, as I turn my head, I see this movement run under a pile of clothes. I lift the pile and there it was, another POTATO BUG. Oh ****
Incident #3, again, a few days later:
Walking down the hall, there it was, hiding next to the bathroom door jamb, thats right another POTATO BUG. I honestly did not know what to do. We were about 1 inch from selling the house. What it turned out was that I was replacing the front door and I had not installed the bottom weather strip. I can only guess that the interior light was attracting them in as they saw the strip of light. Needless to say the weatherstrip went in and we never saw another one except in nightmeres.
That was far worse than the bat flying around the bedroom, or the frog my wife stepped on in the dark. I had to repaint the walls from her scream.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Yuck

Glad to say no big ole spiders like that around here, I betcha a regular ol fly flap would not do the job and he would chase you while you were running out the front dooe screaming like a little girl, or so i picture
Old 09-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
...and a mouse ran over the wifes leg in the spare bedroom.
...so thats what they're calling it now a days.

Quick Reply: Early mornin fun