Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DVR Digital video recording.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVR Digital video recording.

Guys,

I want to get away from my old crappy VCR with a busted remote. I would like to record some of my favorite shows digitally. Now I just have a regular TV with Satellite. I think it is just an av signal with a regular co-axle cable. I really have no clue what it is. Just don't want to upgrade my satellite dish and receiver to HD with recording capabilities unless I have to......
Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
If you have satellite now your cable should be RG6 and the picture is already a digital picture. HD is good for watching football games and such but if you want to record movies you cannot fit a 2 hour HD movie onto a DVD unless you cut back on the picture quality which defeats the object of recording in HD.

Stay with your current system if you want to record Movies. Some satellite companies offer a free PVR if you sign a contract. The PVR is a dual tuner that will do 2 TV's. It also has a hard drive that can be recorded to. You can record 2 shows at once while watching a show you previously recorded. You can record HD on this but it fills it up quickly. I think standard TV to HD is about 4 to 1.