Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Duramax mentality

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Duramax mentality

Pulled in to the fuel pump this morning and a guy pulled in with a brand new duramax, Except he pulled to the gas pump, He was going to put the nozzle in the truck and i politly said Sir that is a diesel you need to be on the same pump as me. Well he told me to go f myself, So i said to myself just fill that sucker up then, he started pumping the gas in and i went in and paid for mine as i came back out he was still pumping, So when i passed by him as i was leaving i just looked over at him and grinned real big and drove on cause i knew he wasn't going anywhere.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Duramax mentality

Perhaps he was just short on coffee and donuts that morning and wasn't awake? The dealer won't warranty stupidity like that... He's gonna be :'( ing something fierce when he gets the bill. <br><br>Jean
Old 12-18-2002, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should've told him that pumping gas into his diesel will foul his plugs and mess up hist MSD ignition system!<br><br> <br><br>Rich
Old 12-18-2002, 12:51 PM

&gt; I think he has a problem with Dodge owners.<br>I got a new Dudamax amd I`m smart so I don`t need some <br>Dodge driving yahoo to tell me what to do.<br>The dealer did1nt say anthing about it so I can run 87 unleaded if I want, So stck that in your Dodge and smoke it. :-X<br>That would be the mentality of someone with an atitude this clown has. :P Serves him right
Old 12-18-2002, 01:13 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL<br>I would have had to wait and watch the Bozo drive off!!<br>
Old 12-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

What???? you didn't get the VIN number?....then it never really happened. :<br>Check the Chubby pages for &quot;Truck died after refueling&quot; thread.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:25 PM

I'd love to have been there. I would have followed to se how far he actualy got. Would you like to use my cell phone for tow truck, and then tell him to go... 8)
Old 12-18-2002, 02:44 PM

You mean the perfect truck isn't a multi fuel engine? What tha? <br><br>I would have had to follow that guy. Is that too funny or what? Some people aren't meant to drive diesels. That got figured out for this guy.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:22 PM

I had a similar experience to yours about 6 months ago, but got a $10 thank you . I was filling up my dodge and an elderly lady pulls up in a brand new Duramax Crew Cab into the next bay. The pumps at this station has gas as well as diesel on the same pump. Anyways she gets out of the truck and stares at it for awhile while I'm watch her at the corner of my eye. I finish filling up and while walking by to pay I notice she has stuck the unleaded filler into the truck. I kindly go over there and tell her she's using the wrong fuel and that gas would damage the truck. So I grab the right filler and pump the diesel for her. During this time she tells me she had just picked up the truck for her son at the dealership and she had seen that it needed fuel so she decided to fill up the truck for him. She said she didn't know that there was a difference between gas and diesel and was very thankful for what I had done. So she gave me $10 and we were on our way.<br><br>Joe
Old 12-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ramthatstroker

That got me all :'( :'(

Here's an &quot;ATTABOY &quot; for ya..

Glad to see some people are still decent.

J-eh
Old 12-18-2002, 06:22 PM

Could that goober's Duramax have a &quot;runaway engine&quot; condition when he started it up or would it need to be running already ?<br><br>Instinct would've had me over there choking him for his rudeness... but he probably caused himself more pain and suffering than I would have. At least you tried to tell him ... that makes you the better man !!!<br><br>PISTOL<br><br>
Old 12-18-2002, 06:43 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=PistolWhipt link=board=10;threadid=8489;start=0#82067 date=1040257338]<br>Could that goober's Duramax have a &quot;runaway engine&quot; condition when he started it up or would it need to be running already ?<br><br>Instinct would've had me over there choking him for his rudeness... but he probably caused himself more pain and suffering than I would have. At least you tried to tell him ... that makes you the better man !!!<br><br>PISTOL<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>Curious if that aluminum block would come apart.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess i should have stuck around and enjoyed the scene, But all i could think about was getting away from there. He probably didn't even get off the lot.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=Red-Rattler link=board=10;threadid=8489;start=0#82125 date=1040264070]<br>Guess i should have stuck around and enjoyed the scene, But all i could think about was getting away from there. He probably didn't even get off the lot. <br>[/quote]<br><br>You were probably safer, the further away you were
Old 12-18-2002, 10:20 PM

too bad ya didn't see the Dealership sticker on the back of his truck. You coulda phoned em and warned the service manager! LOL

Quick Reply: Duramax mentality