Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dumping dogs

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dumping dogs

I just have to vent about $%#@% that dump dogs. I live down a county rd and must have a sign on my place that says "I accept unwanted dogs". I've got 2 that came up yesterday with no collars and one has the mange and the other a broken leg and scrawney. It would be cruel to let them fend for themselves and starve to death and the dog pound won't accept any from the county so you know what I get to do when I get home...I hate this.

People that dump their pets should be beat with a garden hose and then shot.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you man, some people are just plain STUPID! If you don't want the dang dog, either take it to the pound or put it down.......I really do not understand some people these days!

~Nick
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM

Same problem where I live.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I agree, I have a cabin in Southeast Ohio in the middle of a large state forest. People constantly drop off dogs. I have had to put many dogs down while deer hunting because the dogs were running the deer. Just about every weekend I'm out there it seems I see a different mangy dog with no collar. Its becoming a huge problem for me. Being a state forest visitors bring their dogs to walk them and they run off or the coon and rabbit hunters loose them to running deer. Oh yeah and those jerks that just drop them off because they "cant" handle or aford them anymore.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I see that here as well, I also get perturbed with people who let their dogs run free all the time. 3 to 4 times a day I have a small pack of them come through the place peeing on everything in site.

All of them have collars and they all belong to my neighbors. I have a dog as well but he is fenced in or under my control at all times. I know a dog will get loose sometimes and I don't have an issue with that. But I can literally set a watch on the daily patterns my neighbors dogs make through my yard.

Every now and then I turn the big black lab loose and he chases them all off the mountain top before coming back about 3 foot taller with a swagger in his gait

I don't want to hurt my neighbors pets, but it even keeps me from putting down rat and mice poison where I need it because I know they are likely to get into it. I have one neighbor whose dog will bark for hours every evening and they just act like they don't hear it. I can't even open a bedroom window at night because the dog barks from dusk until 2 or 3 am EVERY NIGHT

Come on people, show a little respect for your neighbors and control your pets!

This message has been sponsored by the "Help Top get some sleep association" a non profit organization and Ambien CR.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM

It POs me too, but thanks to some idiot I have "one" of the best labs I have ever had. it took me a year to get thru to him, cause who ever had him beat him and it was a male, cause he was terrified of me for quite some time. He was gun shy for 6 years, now he loves to hunt, go figure.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned

my dogs are like family, its hard to understand how people can do that. But yea, if i caught someone doin it i'd chain them to a tree with no food or water and see how they like it and leave. Harsh but thats what they deserve.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Same thing here, though both of my dogs are ones that were dumped on me.

I cant care for more though..........
Old 06-08-2007, 12:25 PM

If they come on your property, Top, and in any way hurt or destroy property, you can eliminate them. They are then considered a threat and should be taken care of. A pack consist of 3 or more dogs. Once they become a pack they then could become a very dangerous threat to the community. We have had dogs come on to our farm and we take them back home and give the owners a warning and next time they come on and we SEE them so much as chasing a chicken, out comes the gun. Fortunatley for the dogs, my dad is not a good shot

Jon
Old 06-08-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by hamilton71801
I just have to vent about $%#@% ...the dog pound won't accept any from the county so you know what I get to do when I get home...I hate this...
Drop the dogs off at the pound and tie them up about a half hour before they open.
I agree totally that abandoning your pets is wrong. Don't get them if you can't care for them or don't know how to train the quirks out of them.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM

Yeah I live in a small community in the desert, people come from Las Vegas, and dump off puppies all the time. Just had one yesterday.....some people are plain idiots...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:08 PM

My birddog and bloodhound were dumped on me , Funny thing is went people can't find thier deer in the swaps around the same one who "needed someone to watch his dog for a month or 2" comes running for me to track for him. 100.00 up front and 25.00 per hour .that dog can earn keep. trackingest dog i've ever seen

chris
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That is what is wrong with people today. They don't know what commitment is. They get a new pet and within 6 months are tired of it and think someone else should take care of it......Just my .02
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

The yuppies at work call that taking your dog to the farm..
Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about scoopers and bags...

...hmmm

Quick Reply: Dumping dogs