Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dude didn't even say thanks

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude didn't even say thanks

Pulled into my regular re-fueling station this afternoon and while doing so noticed a brand new Powerstroke sitting at the other pump getting fuel. As I was coming to a stop I noticed that the truck was running while the owner was filling it. Well, I quickly jumped out of my truck, ran over to this Powerstroke and reached in the window and shut it off!!! Of course, naturally like all of us would, the owner freaked out and came running up to me swearing and cussing just about everything imaginable at me. In doing this, he obviously stopped pumping fuel when he let go of the nozzle. <br> After he calmed down a second, I asked him &quot;Since when did Ford recommend unleaded gas for their diesel trucks?&quot; The dude was filling his rig with gasoline!!!! He had pumped about 8 gallons into it when I shut it down. The guy lookes at me like I was the idiot and stormed off into the station. He came out a few minutes later and just stood outside like I wasn't even there.<br>Anyways, I went inside to pay for my fuel. The attendant inside said the guy came and paid for his gas, and used the phone to call his dealer. They were sending a tow truck over to pick him up. As I walked by him heading back to my truck, he just turned away from me!!! Maybe next time I'll just stand there and watch his truck die!!<br><br>Some people's children!!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Dude didn't even say thanks

The important thing is that you did the right thing. <br><br>He was probably too embarassed to face you. :-[<br><br>Good save.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The few times I've read of this, on this and other forums, it appears the Chevy and Ford owners will have nothing to do with us smarter Dodge owners pointing out there mistake.<br>Often appear to be blaming us for their momentary lapse of memory, or intelligence.<br><br>The Dodge owners will shake our hands, offer many thanks, perhaps even buy us a frosty beverage from the cooler in the gas station then ask us how much damage they might have done and how to fix it.<br><br><br>phox
Old 07-04-2003, 09:40 PM

LOL you probably made him feel about 1&quot; tall when you did that. I probably would be upset at someone shutting my truck off to until the situation was explained in your case good save you did the right thing.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:43 PM
DPG

I really think that we on this site are really a cut above the average when it comes to civility, manners, etc. No, I really mean it. If we weren't, we would hang out someplace else. I also believe that there are boneheads that buy every make of truck, including Dodge.

Homestead, when I get treated like you did, it reminds me of a Charlie Brown poster that used to be posted in a teachers lounge where I once taught. Charlie is standing there all dressed up, and he is saying,&quot;Doing a good job around here is like peeing your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling, but nobody seems to notice.&quot;

It's really nice to get an &quot;atta boy&quot; or &quot;thanks a lot,&quot; but the value of the deed is in doing the deed itself.

Way to go!!

DeWain
Old 07-04-2003, 11:01 PM

WTG Homestead. <br>I would hope that iff'n *I* ever pulled a bonehead move like that, someone like you would do exactly what you did.<br><br>Despite the way HE acted...you KNOW you did the right thing and thats all that matters
Old 07-04-2003, 11:54 PM

That muffin head was prolly lookin for a hole to crawl into and cover himself up. Its all about Karma and you did the right thing. Wonder what he uses for motor oil ? Is it green???
Old 07-05-2003, 08:06 AM

Actually, you probably saved him from a KA-BOOM as well. You did mention his truck was running while refueling. And he's pumping gasoline?? <br><br>~justshakin'myheadDave
Old 07-05-2003, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll bet he was just really embarassed, and angry at himself for putting the gasoline in there. I know I would be if I did it, and even though I'd be grateful, I might not have the presence of mind to say thanks knowing that I might have just screwed up my expensive truck.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a Army Captain where I work that borrowed a moter pool Blazer. Thought he would help us out and fueled it up. You guessed it, this guy put unleaded supreme in it. He made it about 2 miles before that poor old diesel gave up the ghost. Every now and again we just have to remind him of that. He has NO sense of humour! ;D<br>Ed
Old 07-05-2003, 10:20 AM

Must be a Ford thing, about a month ago a Ford w/ 5ver fueling next to me putting in right fuel but, did not read height clearance marker and left his his ac cover in ground behind trailer, peeled cover off clean no other damage to ac unit.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Muted User

[quote author=phox_mulder link=board=10;threadid=16695;start=0#156703 date=1057372301]<br>...snip... with us smarter Dodge owners ...snip...[/quote]<br><br>I don't know about that?<br><br>I was waiting in line at the service counter of one of the local Wally-World supercenters (offering oil changes, etc) when I overhead an older male wearing a Chrysler logo polo shirt tell the cashier his late model Cummins was a V-8! I'm guessing he was a Chrysler employee from up north (or least someone that didn't get out in the sun that much) bc of his logo'ed shirt. I, diplomatically as I could, corrected him.<br><br>Here's one on a Ford PSD owner: Another time at the same store but in the oil aisle a Ford PSD owner was trying to decide on oil for the service bay techs to use on his truck. I tried to tell him that whatever oil he selected should be C?-4 rated but apparently wasn't too convincing bc he just grabbed the 'regular' stuff. What was really funny was that he only put 5 qts in his shopping basket!
Old 07-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Muted User

You definitely did the right thing. Far more than I would've done as I would just let the ignoramus continue pumping.<br><br>Don't know why but correcting/preventing a mistake doesn't seem to go over too well with some people no matter what the circumstance. I suspect it has to do with insecurities/immaturity.<br><br>Here are a couple of examples of ungrateful responses from my life:<br><br>Standing about chest deep in the ocean off a small offshore island. Water visibility was very good. Notice 2 bozos approaching the beach in a small sailboat with its daggerboard (removeable, often center-mounted 'keel' extension [sort of]) still down so I yelled to them that the daggerboard was still down. In retrospect I shouldn't have as I didn't get so much as a thank you either. Would've been an interesting show to see the sailboat come to an abrupt halt &amp; have them go over the side or into various immovable parts of the sailboat.<br><br>Here's another: Early morning in May on the south rim of the Grand Canyon in one of the westernmost overlooks that are normally not accessible by private vehicle during the regular (busy) season. Bozo left his car lights on so his car wouldn't start. Feeling like a good samaritan offered a jumpstart but from the dirty look he gave me you would've thought I had said something nasty to him. If it wasn't for his GF/wife I would've just left him there. Again no thanx from the bozo but the GF/wife was very grateful (a little paranoia here but to this day I still wonder if he wasn't some sort of serial killer/sociopath). <br><br>
Old 07-05-2003, 07:18 PM

i would have walked out and just given him that sacartic your welcome....

Quick Reply: Dude didn't even say thanks