Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR's birthday

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=bigfoot;3064052]
Originally Posted by chaikwa
But you're not nearly as good lookin' as me!

I don’t know about that ….I is able to walk by the gut wagon and the buzzards didn’t fall off.
I can even walk by a full length mirror and it not crack, though I do have to admit me ether has to speed up or turn my head while doing so.

Just how is it that you feel you are better looking than that?
The buzzards might not fall off, but I betcha they follow you!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Ahhh, .... remembering the good ol days............. Hoss and Javaluva, critters on the loose, whose (insert favorite performance part here) is better.........
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys. Ok so here is the deal. I started this site when I worked for a company called Inflow, Inc. in August of 2001. When I first started it, my goal was to have a Dodge only site that wasn't as rude as the other site so to speak. Back then there was only one other site. There was a lot I didn't like about it so it prompted me to start this forum. When it first started, it was very archaic looking and the original domain was dodge-diesel.org.

You can see what the old site looked like by going here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200108311...ge-diesel.org/

That was about 3 weeks after I started the site and the forum software I used back then was YaBB. I don't even know if that software exists anymore...

By Feb of 2002 we had about 1000 members. By 2006 we had 26,000 members and here is a snapshot of that timeframe:

http://web.archive.org/web/200602210...ge-diesel.org/

In feb 2008 we had about 50,000 members or so and now we are over 100,000. Back in 07 or so I purged about 10,000 non active members so the numbers would have been higher but that wasn't really my priority. I wanted a site that was clean, fun and actually had active members on it. Here is a snapshot of 2008

http://web.archive.org/web/200802211...ge-diesel.org/

Lary joined me around 2002 and I believe I made him a moderator in 2003. I started the store in 2004 and he partnered with me in 2005 or so and really became the staple of the site as after 4 years of tranny wars with ATS and DTT, I was getting tired of dealing with it. However, Lary stuck with it and has been around 9 years now. The site will be 11 years old this August.

Tell you what, without Lary continuing to help operate the site and running the online store for so many years, I would never have been able to give up my old profession and become a state trooper. He has been a huge help in my life and I admire the work he has done here. I may have been the original founder but there were many times I was ready to give it all up and just shut the thing off. He was the one who kept it going.

So here we are now, a community of over 100,000 people with some of the best info around in terms of Dodge / Ram diesels. I wouldn't trade it for the world. By the way, that first server was just an old computer sitting in my office way back then. By 2002 though I had to get a stack of servers to run it because of the growth. The site was at a Datacenter in Raleigh from august 2001 until Feb. 2011 after Internet Brands bought it. I believe it's in California now, and while I'm listed as an administrator for the site, I don't perform many administrative duties.

It was around 2004 I believe that I registered dieseltruckresource.com and changed to that from dodge-diesel.org... However, that old domain is still used by the online store for direct access. If you type http://www.dodge-diesel.org it'll go directly there. I've had that domain for so long that it's sentimental to me. I won't give it up. Lary and I continue to own the online store while Internet Brands owns the main site and the forum. I think they have done a really good job at making improvements and keeping the old community feel that we have had for so long. I'm glad we sold to them instead of autoguide. Those guys would have torn this place apart.

So that's a long post but that's about it. Feel free to ask me questions if you're curious about other things.