Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Store, How are they with returns, refunds?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTR Store, How are they with returns, refunds?

Just curious how you all have been taken care of if there was a Shipping mistake or just needed to return an item. Is it handled smoothly, any problems? Do they step up and take care of their customers?

I'm always looking for good vendors, just curious if this is one of them.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Banned

i have ordered several items from the store over the past 4 years.
i have had 1 hard time getting my item delivered.
seems that the signature required box is ALWAYS checked. that isnt an option for some folks, due to work schedules, etc. most of the time, the shipper has been able to ensure that this hasnt become an issue, but, it really bit me last time. i was able to receive my package, but it took much effort to get UPS to help resolve it.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
i have ordered several items from the store over the past 4 years.
i have had 1 hard time getting my item delivered.
seems that the signature required box is ALWAYS checked. that isnt an option for some folks, due to work schedules, etc. most of the time, the shipper has been able to ensure that this hasnt become an issue, but, it really bit me last time. i was able to receive my package, but it took much effort to get UPS to help resolve it.
Actually Chris is not telling you the whole story here, I made sure that the warehouse shipped his item "No signature required" but they sent him the wrong item. Part numbers were almost identical, screw up in the warehouse.

When they sent him the replacement, some noodnink in the warehouse marked it "sig required" so the package to replace the warehouse mistake became a problem Had they sent the right package in the first place, there would not have been an issue.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've not had a problem with anything I've ordered so it is difficult to answer your question directly.

My orders, even though only a few, went through without a hitch.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Actually Chris is not telling you the whole story here, I made sure that the warehouse shipped his item "No signature required" but they sent him the wrong item. Part numbers were almost identical, screw up in the warehouse.

When they sent him the replacement, some noodnink in the warehouse marked it "sig required" so the package to replace the warehouse mistake became a problem Had they sent the right package in the first place, there would not have been an issue.
Wow... What a deal....

I wouldn't doubt that everything was made right with the customer?

It's good to hear that when things go wrong, people can step up and make things right!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:00 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've worked with Lary for a number of years now on the DTR, and I can guarantee you he will bust his behind to make things right with the customer. You can always tell a lot about a person when they speak in confidence to you. Lary's conversations with me when no one else is around is always focused on the customer. He's dedicated to making things right. There is no other way to do business. I've seen a lot of vendors come and go on this site, and a great many of them have decided to take the wrong path in terms of how they did business. Sure, for a short while, they could compete with the DTR but in the end, they went out of business for one reason or another.

Even if it takes some time, Lary WILL make things right with the customer. I have yet to hear a customer complain that this wasn't the case. We've had thousands.

In addition, I would like to add that we have a GREAT group of vendors on the site now. Most of them have been with us for a long time so if there is something you can't find through us, we'd be glad to refer you to one of them. If you don't get what you're looking for, ask us again, we'll try and find it for you at the best price. We're not just about making a buck here, we're about helping the customer and providing a good free site to boot.

On many of the other sites, you have to pay for "premium" information. On the DTR, you don't. All we ask is that you are respectful and follow the rules.....

Whew, I need to slow down here! lol
Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

lary, i AM telling the entire story. note, "most of the time, the shipper has been able to ensure that this hasnt become an issue, but, it really bit me last time." how many items have i ordered, and only 1 has caused issue. there isnt a single negative remark in my post. notice i said shipper, which is different from the dtr store.

here's the problem lary. when the store AND UPS were told to return to the shipper, I got them somewhere else. First UPS refused to deliver them, because of the sig required block. They were instructed to return, and I let you know that I had done so.
I ordered them from another vendor. Next day, guess what? BOTH boxes on my door step. Not only did UPS deliver YOUR bags, but the other ones as well. The second company wouldnt take them back without me paying return shipping. So, I'd have to eat $30 to return something that wasnt my mistake in the first place. So i am attempting to sell the second set.
I didnt come on here and bash the store, i am just dealing with a mistake/problem that i didnt create..... no hard feelings here.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:57 AM

Wow.. Two sets huh?

Glad it wasn't a big ticket item... That could get spendy quick!

Kinda sounds like you got "Stuck with the bag"....
Old 06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

byron, i hate you.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
lary, i AM telling the entire story. note, "most of the time, the shipper has been able to ensure that this hasnt become an issue, but, it really bit me last time." how many items have i ordered, and only 1 has caused issue. there isnt a single negative remark in my post. notice i said shipper, which is different from the dtr store.

here's the problem lary. when the store AND UPS were told to return to the shipper, I got them somewhere else. First UPS refused to deliver them, because of the sig required block. They were instructed to return, and I let you know that I had done so.
I ordered them from another vendor. Next day, guess what? BOTH boxes on my door step. Not only did UPS deliver YOUR bags, but the other ones as well. The second company wouldnt take them back without me paying return shipping. So, I'd have to eat $30 to return something that wasnt my mistake in the first place. So i am attempting to sell the second set.
I didnt come on here and bash the store, i am just dealing with a mistake/problem that i didnt create..... no hard feelings here.
In one way you did create part of the problem for yourself, you got angry with UPS and told them to return the stuff to me before you gave me an opportunity to call them and fix the problem.

Granted you tried to call me but I am on Eastern time and you are on Western time so I was closed long before you tried to contact me, but had you let me handle it I could have gotten the thing worked out for you and you would not have had to order the second set.

By the time I knew there was a problem you had already told me you refused the delivery through UPS, so that left me with NO option to be able to help you. The fact they delivered the next day surprised me as much as you, I thought you had refused delivery

What people tend to forget is UPS won't change a delivery on the word of a receiving customer simply because that would make them liable should it turn out to be a scam. They will however stop or alter a delivery if they get the request from the shipper, that way they know it is a true request.

Honest guys like you Chris are behind the eight ball because there are 50 thieves for every one of you, trying to steal, cheat and screw over the system, anyway to get something they did not pay for.

That means more and more often shipping companies will not deliver without a signature because they lose an enormous amount of product and they end up having to pay on the insurance, which is a whole nudder nightmare if you have been lucky enough not to have dealt with that.......

Sorry you had so much trouble with that order, but no matter how hard you try sooner or later somebody makes a mistake and some poor guy like you ends up the unlucky one.

I had a guy recently receive a second Pacbrake that he did not order. I had it drop shipped from Canada for him so he would not have to pay those high UPS broker fees they charge crossing the border up there.

Turns out one salesman handled the order on Friday night, and another one handled it again on Monday morning.......Stuff like this is few and far between, but still aggravating for the guy that ends up dealing with it.

No hard feelings here either Chris
Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 PM

In one way you did create part of the problem for yourself, you got angry with UPS and told them to return the stuff to me before you gave me an opportunity to call them and fix the problem.
Did I just read that right? Now it's the customers fault?!?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by bhaner

Don't try to put words in my mouth, that isn't what I said. I simply said I could have helped him if given the opportunity BEFORE he told UPS he refused delivery.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Don't try to put words in my mouth, that isn't what I said. I simply said I could have helped him if given the opportunity BEFORE he told UPS he refused delivery.
Why should he be required to give you an opportunity? 3rd time's a charm?

Here is a question... After the first mess up... Did you call and ask the customer if he/she was willing to give you another chance?

If it was me... I would have walked that box right back to the UPS store.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned

So if I understand this right Dodgezilla is stuck with a product of some sort.

Are you still willing to help him or is he stuck with that product.

No matter who's fault it is, you probably get better deals on shipping then he does so I would think he could send the extra item back fairly cheap if not free.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Why should he be required to give you an opportunity? 3rd time's a charm?

Here is a question... After the first mess up... Did you call and ask the customer if he/she was willing to give you another chance?

If it was me... I would have walked that box right back to the UPS store.

Of course I talked to the customer and NO I did not want him to have to walk anything any where. I instructed the warehouse to send him the proper item AND a call tag so UPS would pick it up from him at MY cost. He should not have had to step one foot from his home or spend one penney to fix the problem he did not create.

The point I was trying to make is that he should have called me instead of UPS, that way I could have fixed it before it got out of hand. He did try to call me but I did not learn of the problem until 11:30 PM my time AFTER I was told UPS had already been instructed he would be refusing delivery.

I can't fix what I am not aware of or given the opportunity to.

Quick Reply: DTR Store, How are they with returns, refunds?