Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mad, you're a good man - - don't care what your wife says. Foo foo is good today - - good job. Now where is the oatmeal - - with raisins - - and brown sugar?

Son rolling in today for two nights - - nice having the wanderers come home once in a while - - been too long. Don't get to see my boys often enough and life is short. At least the daughter is in town. Gotta roll and get the place looking nice - - see ya.

Bob
Old 10-18-2007, 06:30 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin, still soggy here. Custard long john today. Blazer started running ruff. Stopped and picked up some drygas. Hopefully it won't be something expensive. My Friday, pheasant opener tomorrow. Hopefully it drys out a bit, Kaley needs some excersize.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
raining like crazy here.

should last 10 minutes.

i need to get in the sack earlier.
been running in AM (before work at home) and in PM (after work at Gym)

making me sleep HARD, getting up 0545. going bunky ~2330.
not enough for a old fart....
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

DON, WITH ALL THE RAIN WE`VE BEEN GETTING ,I`DE BE CHECKING IGNITION WIRES,
GOT TO GET OUT AND GET THAT REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY OUT OF THAT JEEP,.
KID THATS GOING TO PUT IT IN FORE ME IS IN CTC,AND IS TALKING TO HIS INSTRUCTOR ABOUT DOING IT IN CLASS,(NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL ) SCHOOL WOULD FURNISH A LOT OF STUFF I WOULD NORMALLY HAVE TO COME UP WITH .(FLUIDS AND SO FORTH) AND THEY NEED A CLASS PROJECT.

SCOTT ,DUCK YOUR HEAD ,SUPPOSE TO BE BAD STORMS YOUR WAY TODAY, DON`T WANT TO SEE COFFEE CUPS AND SPRINKLES SPREAD ALL OVER BY STORM.

MAD, DID THEY POST YET ?

FROSTY, I KNEW YOU WOULD GET A HANDLE ON THINGS , (GOT TO WATCH THOSE CHEAP DRINKS OVER THERE,THEY CAN CAUSE HEADACHES)

BOB, WAS WATCHING THE CAMERA I HAVE MOUNTED DOWN THERE, BETTER CHECK THE POOL BEFORE YOU STICK YOUR TOES IN, (THINK I SEEN ONE OF THOSE PESKY LITTLE GREEN CRITTERS SLIDING IN,ABOUT 3 FT LONG)

CLAUDE,SITTING UNDER MY UMBRELLA,JUST A SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS,DRINKINGHOT TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR
Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

JUST THINKING ,ANYONE HERD FROM SHORTROUND ?
LAST I HERD HE WAS FABRECATING, WELL SORT OF, HAD A CUPPLE RINGER UNITS OFF MATAG WASHING MACHINES FROM BACK IN THE DAY, WAS TRYING TO MOTERISE THEM OVER A PAN TO CATCH BLACK LASAS FROM SORGUM, OR SOMETHING.
CLAUDE JUST SITTING HERE ON THIS SACK OF SEEDS,DRINKINGHHOT TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK
Old 10-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Doing a touch & go this morning ....

Got too much paperwork piled up ... the ladies in the home office are screaming at me via email. Sooooo .... guess that means more time behind the keyboard. I HATE PAPERWORK !!!

Y'all back away from the second helping this morning and do a couple trips around the block instead. It's good for what ails ya !!

PISTOL
Old 10-18-2007, 09:13 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning Dog and the gang.
Rained like a cow hiking a leg last night. Trees and power lines down every where. Power off for about 8 hours.
Found a new mill out of Brazil. Just waiting to see what shipping is gonna run. Quality looks good and from what I understand, they are very good machines.
The mill will put out ~ 200 gal of juice per hour. It takes a 10 - 13 hp diesel to power it. (Just happen to have a 2 cyl Deutz industrial). It's 48" tall and
67" wide and weighs 1720 lbs dry.
Besides, the Real (Brazilian $) has a very favorable exchange rate and ZERO $ Customs import fee since it's agricultural equipment. Howver, I'm still looking for a US built one.
Packing up for another run down to the border. Rolling out Saturday morning and be back in a week.

Shortround out
Attached Thumbnails DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007-eng05.jpg  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:14 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OBTW, the main gear is approximately 4 inches wide.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

PISTOL, (THE HAIR ON ME HEAD IS HEMP) YE-ALL JUST GOT TO STOP TRIMMING YOUR HAIR AND STUFFING IT IN A PIPE !
Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Mad, you're a good man - - don't care what your wife says.
She tells you that I beat her too, huh? She's nuts...

Originally Posted by 04ctd

getting up 0545. going bunky ~2330.
not enough for a old fart....
Better watch all that running... and 0545?!?!?!!! And you were talking about me sleeping in... No one call me Saturday morning, I feel a budweiser induced coma coming on...

MAD, DID THEY POST YET ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I ain't sweatin it...

Gonna have family day here in a few... See yall in a bit...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
BOB, WAS WATCHING THE CAMERA I HAVE MOUNTED DOWN THERE, BETTER CHECK THE POOL BEFORE YOU STICK YOUR TOES IN, (THINK I SEEN ONE OF THOSE PESKY LITTLE GREEN CRITTERS SLIDING IN,ABOUT 3 FT LONG)
Well that shows you how good your camera is - - it was a ring neck - - just took him out - - and about 3'. Now how about coincidence. Still trying to find the hole in the screen that let him in. I have a sneaking suspicion he came up the overflow drain pipe, but I have never seen a snake that could go up a pipe that was about the same size as the body. hmmm?????

Don, put an umbrella over that poor car - - map doesn't look good up there for sunny skies, that's for sure. Bule skies here after a brief shower early this morning. Pretty nice.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 AM

Morning morning

Nice morning here, got a little frost but sun is out and it should be a nice day.

Weekend is on the way. Hope it's decent weather, need to still do a few things outside before the white stuff arrives. Could use some of the rain that you guys are getting down south. Very dry here.

Have a good one... Later
Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hello all I thought I'd join you this late morning Lots of rain here last night the wind blew down the Ocktoberfest Tent and hurt a bunch of folks all clear now and sunny. Killing time here at work so I can go home and fix feed bunks and get horses shod. Hope you guys have a good day.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:11 PM

Lunch time,

Hot today, 92*. Got a sicko kidlett at home today. Hurled his supper last night.

Doing my laundry, not like the college days, I am dressed to do it. too.

Hat, did you win?

04ctd, it is not "old fart" it is sexy senior.

Got stuff to do, otta here 4 now

Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Hat, did you win?
Still don't know...
Originally Posted by dssimecek
04ctd, it is not "old fart" it is sexy senior.
You can put a McDonalds apple pie on a silver platter and call it a french tart, but it's still just a McDonalds apple pie...

Quick Reply: DTR Skuttlebutt.......14 Oct - 20 Oct 2007